Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:12 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Map Testing

Under certain test conditions there are settings that may cause some game functions to fail, thereby causing complex issues and maybe even publishing a map that then has errors that failed to appear during testing - In fact, Multi Player and Single Player behave entirely differently on testing but for now I will touch on the techniques used to counter the main issues when testing DFX2 Single Player maps.

Quote:
The only reason I use GOD MODE is to test the map for bugs like buildings to high off the ground, trees not planted in the ground ect. once I like the map I remove GOD MODE.
In the quote above "test the map for bugs like buildings to high off the ground, trees not planted in the ground ect." simply emphasizes the need to test maps but also highlights the need to ensure all functions are working correctly so you can test your map accurately.

Unfortunately God Mode or Player Invincible will cause quite a few AI bugs to occur and as so, is only useful under select conditions.

The scripts and settings I find the most generally useful for testing DFX2 without issues are...
Setting the AI Blind, AI Accuracy, Health (player and AI), Gravity and Breathetime

By using these settings in combination you can be reasonably sure that you haven't upset anything.

Here are some script examples...

Gravity - Fall from any height
Code:
fallmps=32 // default for DFX2 = 20

Time Underwater
Code:
breathtime=2 // default for DFX2 = 30
With 3D triggers for fine tuning
Code:
if ssnarea3d(player,#)
Wounded Variable
Code:
if ssnwounded(10000)
Auto Health Variable
Code:
ssnaddhp(Auto,#) // default for DFX2 = 4
Please feel free to add to this list

Last edited by Guest001; 06-05-2016 at 02:23 AM.