Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 05-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Wireless Headset??

Anyone here know if there is a wireless headset for your computer for talking on like RW or teamspeak? This would be the PERFECT way to talk to people (Through RW/TS Etc..) without paying for long distance or being stuck right at the computer.. Some of you know I got a gf in canada and the phone bills can be crazy sometimes.. but I don't really wanna be stuck to the computer to talk.

I know there has got to be one.. the headset with a reciever that plugs into the USB port or something.. Did I say wireless?

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 05-21-2004, 05:11 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
idk if this will help u...took a quick glance at it...ive been looking for a good headset arount maybe $50

http://www.comfortel.com/

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 05-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
just ckecked out a few site Panth, it doesnt seem to be a standard product.

there are bluetooth headsets e.g. >> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?co...CONTENTID=7010

but they all say compatible' with mobile / cellphone, but i dont see that they wouldnt work with any bluetooth transmitter (cheap dongle thingy).

also most only have one speaker
Old 05-21-2004, 10:24 AM
Doper-ISK- is offline Doper-ISK-

sorry not completely on topic anyone using "skype" allready?the sharman networks phone thingy they launched it with so much fuss didnt hear anything of it nomore.(i didnt get the beta to work but thats maybe just me )

i just remembered because of this post lol
Old 05-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Reticle is offline Reticle

Send a message via Yahoo to Reticle
A bluetooth phone headset probably wouldn't work too well, as it will only work within a limited range, I think like 20 ft., but it is probably the best thing you're gonna find. What would really be best would be if you could somehow plug you're wireless phone base station into you're computer and then use the wireless phone as a headset. On a slightly related note, I'm thinking of working on a cable and software for it that would allow you to use you're computer as a phone handset. You'd just plug the cable into the part of the phone where the handset goes, and the other end into the USB port of you're computer, and then you can control and talk through you're phone through you're computer. Don't think that could help you, though. What you really need is the other way around, phone controlling computer.

"You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you"
-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 05-23-2004, 08:57 PM
score is offline score

Send a message via ICQ to score
I searched "wireless headset" on google and http://www.communitech.com/ came up. It looked like a decent site maybe check that one out

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
I tell the truth even w`en I lie. - Al Pacino, Scarface
-
------------------------------

only the good die young

Last edited by score; 05-24-2004 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:31 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Reticle
A bluetooth phone headset probably wouldn't work too well, as it will only work within a limited range, I think like 20 ft., but it is probably the best thing you're gonna find. What would really be best would be if you could somehow plug you're wireless phone base station into you're computer and then use the wireless phone as a headset. On a slightly related note, I'm thinking of working on a cable and software for it that would allow you to use you're computer as a phone handset. You'd just plug the cable into the part of the phone where the handset goes, and the other end into the USB port of you're computer, and then you can control and talk through you're phone through you're computer. Don't think that could help you, though. What you really need is the other way around, phone controlling computer.
10 meters thats around 33 feet.

My photography website

Old 05-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Doper-ISK- is offline Doper-ISK-

guess if its not there u should invent it could make u rich
Old 05-25-2004, 01:43 PM
score is offline score

Send a message via ICQ to score
Haha but of course, that is defitnitly something easy to invent

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
I tell the truth even w`en I lie. - Al Pacino, Scarface
-
------------------------------

only the good die young
Old 05-25-2004, 03:06 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I just don't see why people haven't thought of this before.. reason I don't think many have is because there isn't anything like it really, I've been looking for awhile now. You know how much cheaper it would be if you could talk over something like RW or TeamSpeak, using a phone sorta device that plugs into the USP or the microphone port? Surley, it's possible, they already have them, but why not make it wireless? Everything else is..

This would pretty much be the end of long distance phone bills, as long as you both had a computer and the internet, which are almost as popular as phones now days... It would be free, cept for my cable bill, but I pay for that anyways.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 05-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
there are loads of wireless heaphones, just not many with mic's :O

in a world when there are 1000's of s*** inventions u cant even get a wireless headphone and mic :S