Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-17-2004, 09:04 PM
DBC JungleHyena is offline DBC JungleHyena

Delta Force Adjustable Sniper Scope

I am a DHD player but just bought DF2 today for just 8 Euro.

Though the graphics are horrible for todays standards and the AI is as dumb as a mule ... I did noticed DF2 had an adjustable scope for the sniper rifle.

Meaning, If I zoom in on sniper view with my rifle and look at a target, ... I can use my mousewheel to adjust my scope view to the target. If my scope is set at -lets say- 500 meters, in DF2 if am looking at a target that is around 300 meters away, I can set my mousewheel down and adjust it to 300 meters point blank. As such my ballistic sight of the scope is indeed point blank, ... 300 meters target away is 0 point blank range on scope Y view.

Unless I am mistaken and forgot to read my manual carefully, in BHD you cannot adjust your scope on Y view. A good sniper in DBH needs 1 or 2 shot to calibrate his view for manual usage for extreem long range targetting. In BHD If a target is about more then 300 meters away I need to find out the level of height adjustement myself. Example targets at 800 meters away need Y adjustement manually and cannot be adjusted by scope view. I have to manually calculate the ballistic road my bullet will travel. The only advantage I have is extreem zoom capability other riffles have not.

I like sniping alot and always found it a downside that BHD doesn't allow scope Y-adjustement for long range targetting. Though real snipers DO adjust their scope if the target is at long range.

I know most ppl hate snipers, but they ARE a real part of warfare non-the-less. Perhaps NL didn't allow this scope adjustement in BHD because it would probably mean that alot more players would start sniping and the game would become kinda dull. Even now, if a team is loosing a TKOTH lots of ppl still go snipe even though their help would be better served near the TKOTH area.

Still I think, Adjusting a scope is a snipers tool, that shows his real skill. I think NL should re-implement this skill in the game, though it would mean it should adjust its long range graphics too. Because currently these kinda suck, though still the best compared to other military games. You can see they really thought about it. So damned depending on graphical-cards capabilities, ... it minimizes a games potential.

My opinion
Delta Force Sniper should have both the advantage of zooming and Y adjustment of their scope if they want to kill their target.

I would have no problems if NL would make it more difficult for snipers if they implemented stuff like windspeed and such. Because in BHD currently, ... if a sniper is used to its long range targetting, it still is nothing more then easy target-practice. The only thing a sniper currently has to pray for is that his/her target doesn't move for 1 or 2 seconds. If that targets stands still and the BHD sniper knows his height adjustement, the target is plain old DEAD MEAT.
Wind speed already plays part in BHD for particle calculations for smoke and fire, ... why not go that one step futher and use it too for Ballistic Bullet Travel ??? Making it shift left and right depending on the wind !?!

Re-implement Scope Y-adjustement and introduce windspeed adjustement, ... believe me this will give some great snipers a real headache, but will make the game more realistic and will make lots of ppl stop their sorry complaints about snipers being cowards.

Though I must note, snipers do have the option of making windspeed adjustements too, ... in real life.

Making simulated war, ... a bit more simulated!!!

Old 01-17-2004, 09:24 PM
DBC JungleHyena is offline DBC JungleHyena

OOOOh damned, ....

I just noticed another topic in this forum section, named "Mouse wheel control of scope zoom "

You aren't gonna tell me now that BHD does have scope elevation, ... are you???

Where is that ****ing manual?

BHD does have scope Y adjustement??? How the fck do I do that? I've been sniping for months without Y adjustement, making kills.

Please do not tell me BHD does have scope Y adjustement!!! Please ....

Old 01-18-2004, 05:40 AM
Nev is offline Nev

Send a message via ICQ to Nev
won't tell you anything

IMO sniping was really great in df2, but in BHD several factors take the fun totally away (at least for me):
- the terrain quality degrades at long distances, so it's possible i can see someone behind a bump (because i don't see the bump)
- what did NL think when they made players invisible when they lie down??
- limited sight range
Old 01-21-2004, 12:51 PM
bobsm8 is offline bobsm8

Send a message via ICQ to bobsm8
the best thing about BHD sniping is that most decent servers have the auto aim OFF...yep there a few times when you clearly appear to be able to hit a sniper but then find your shooting dirt in his face and your probably already dead by then...but overall its still enjoyable..(if it wasnt we wouldnt be playing)

Give 100% ......or Give Nothing

B.A.F
Old 01-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
man lookup www.novalogic.com in update area you find the info on the scope for DF: BHD year old game & DF: 2 out dated game.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]