Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2019, 09:23 AM
noddynod443 is offline noddynod443

Sad Could someone Please Help Explain To How Mod Delta Force Games .Pff Files

Hello Gentlemen,

I am 95% new to the idea of modding any of the Delta Force games.

I saw that "Joint Operations Somalian Conflict Mod (JO BHD Mod)" and was inspired by it.
I would like to try doing the same thing "adding most of the stuff/assets from DFBHD to DFX2.

From my little bit of experimenting I think the main files I should be trying to "edit/add to" are the "localres.pff" and the "resource.pff"

(using the PFF Editor)I tried experimenting with adding joint operations typhoon rising objects to Xtreme 2. The problem I ran into was that after opening the localres.pff from JO and the localres.pff from DFX2 is that I discovered that 99% of the files in each are have identical names.

Well, I backed up the files, and since I didn't know what any of the files were anyway, I just tried using the option to merge the two together.

Custom Joint Operations maps/missions now load up in xtreme 2, however somehow the player models from each must be interfering with each other because the all the people models are "stuck" in a weird stick figure look in which their arms and legs animation doesn't move...

I wish there was a guide to what all of the files in the localres.pff and resource.pff are and what they are for.

Should I rename all of the objects/files I what to add from JO's PFF to DXF2's PFF so that they are not overwritten by files of the same name already in DXF2's PFF?

Thank You Gentlemen,

noddynod443