Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Jupiter4 is offline Jupiter4

SYSDUMP.TXT

Hey all,

I’m working on a CTF map and after long hours, I finally come to a point where the map is almost finished. So, I’ve started to test it on-line with some friends. After a long period playing, an error as occurred to all except the host. A popup window with the following message: SYSDUMP.TXT
This is a text file located in the game directory, but I can’t understand the content. This error has occurred both times we tested the map on-line.
Can anybody give me some hints about this error? This map has a lot of events, but all of them work fine.
I have tried to make a WAC file to solve some issues and add some features to this map, but I can’t “pack it”. The program hangs up and I have to close it using the “task bar” (Ctrl+Alt+Del). The WAC file had something simple, as a trigger area and a text message. There were no errors in it.
After a long time spent making this map, I can’t give up now.
Any help will be appreciated.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
use the search button or use this link > http://www.dfhq.net/forum/search.php?s=

and search for sys dump. there are several posts about it and some in the FAQ section.

does the host get the message or clients, or both?
Old 02-24-2004, 05:19 PM

Hello,

I have done a search in HQ forum about this error and for what I could understand this is an error than can occur for a lot of different reasons. It would be useful if we could understand the meaning of the file content …
Answering your question, this error happens to all players in game simultaneous except for the one that was hosting the game … weird…
I have tried to understand if there were any player doing something special at the time the game crashed, but it seems that all players in game were doing normal things like shooting others, running, etc. No one was using vehicles or any events at the time.
I have to conclude that is got to be something with the objects or some king of object.
If anyone has any ideas about it, please share it.

Thanks,

Jupiter4
Old 02-25-2004, 12:06 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
ok have you added in anything to the game that did not come from Novalogic at all? we are taking about a .bms file here. maps can make system dump its easy you add-in a items say terrain to it or a item that the other players don't have inside their game then they will get a system dump, in a way this is old.

sample if you instill Terranova Exp to BHD and other don't have it instill they to will get a system dump, all players have to have the same items inside their game to play on the map.

so what i am asking you did you added in anything that did not come with the game to DFBHD Or TS to their pff files. all it takes is 2-5sec they have a system dump really fast as they load up into the host server. or you using a program with DF:BHD/TS that did not come with the game? as you hosting it.

here the the most trouble players have most of the time they download a map it has no real info in other who made it and were they downloaded it from and their e-mail address no then on what was use in the map as in terranova.com terrain and items, or its a stander DFBHD, or DFBHD?Team Sabra to it type of map. seen a lot of late getting terranova exp maps with out any great info saying so or DFBHD/TS type map they try to use them in DFBHD stander game and they get system dump.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-25-2004 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:37 AM

Not at all! I have no mods of any kind or other programs/maps from any other source besides DFBHD – TS.
Yesterday I did another test with some friends help. I asked one of them to host the map. We didn’t experience the “SYSDUMP.TXT” error because another problem came up: One by one, we all got kicked from the game, but not simultaneous. One got kicked, then after a few minutes, another one did, and so on. At the time, I thought that there was a chance that the host was having some kind of problem, so I ask him to rotate to another map, and the kicking didn’t happened anymore. Then I asking another friend to host this new map, and the kicking started all over again, so it was the map that was doing this…it’s getting weirder…
If you want to take a look at it, download it from here:
http://clientes.netvisao.pt/omdasilv...etaversion.rar

Remember: This is not a playable map...yet, so DO NOT distribute.

Another issue I have in this map, is the respawn points at RED base. This base was built in the water, and when players respawn there, they always fall in to water, passing through the concrete floor. Is there a solution to this? I have tried to elevate the start markers to 7 –8 meters but with no success.