Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:02 AM
SnowBird is offline SnowBird

Angry Tunnel spawning markers

I need help. I have made 21 Land Warrior maps over the last few months.
A recent one has elaborate tunnels and I placed spawn spots for DM in tunnels at proper elevations. They worked at first in multiplayer games, but now evrybody dies on first spawn. I tried deleting all spawn spots and re-insert new ones, but even when the proper elevations (-8m) are used, my player spawns on top of the ground. Haven't yet re-tested it in multiplayer, but I assume additional players will still die on spawning first time.
Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Last edited by SnowBird; 12-05-2003 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:41 AM
JimDirt is offline JimDirt

Send a message via ICQ to JimDirt
To spawn in tunnels you need to set the z value just slightly above the floor , if you set it at the exact floor level of the tunnel , it will drop you slightly and you will warp out of tunnel , hence causing death,

if your tunnel Z value is say 36 125 , then put your player marker at 36 150 , and it should solve your problem
Also try not to put any spawns on the seam where the peices join together , as it will also cause warping to the surface,
If you have ever noticed when you spawn you drop slightly , that drop when the value is exact is what is causing your prob!
Old 12-06-2003, 12:24 PM

Thanx for the response Jim, but I should have indicated Z value was 33 173 with tunnels at 33 123. I tried raising it to 34 and still spawn at ground level. If I delete all but one spot, a test game puts my player in correct spot in tunnel. But as soon as I add more spawn spots, players pop up to ground level. I re-installed LW & MED with no improvement.
Tunnels are all same Blink group and perfectly level.
Getting frustrated... Any other suggestions.

My brother runs the map on his server with same problems. Initial spawns die and subsequent re-spawns are all above ground.
Old 12-06-2003, 04:44 PM

are you copy/pasting? or putting in new markers each time. i have found that if you copy/paste a marker in a tunnel , it will do just what your saying sometimes, ,and 34 is too high , also make sure your tunnel peices are properly overlapped as to where there is no possible way to cause a glitch , also have u gone thru each tunnel peice and made sure that none of the Z values are off , as that will cause the same thing, make sure they are ALL exactly 33 123 if some are off like 33 128 it will cause a glitch , since it makes the blink group incomplete and can cause warping
Old 12-10-2003, 01:39 PM

Thanx again Jim.. I have tried both Copy/paste and separate inserts .I rechecked everything and it all appears lined up correctly with Absolute Z values at 33 123. I tried to put spawn markers at several levels from 33 123 to 34 0. Only one spot will work but not unitl I put it at 34 0. I redid the tunnels to make sure everything overlaps and aligns properly. Still cannot get spawns to stay in tunnel if there are more than one. First one works fine, but even it will not work if I put in another one elsewhere in the map. I sure do appreciate your efforts Jim, but "no go" yet.
I am using win XP Pro with up-graded MED and LW programs.

Does anyone out there have any other suggestions?
Old 12-10-2003, 04:08 PM

Sorry i couldnt help , i have made a few LW maps that were full of tunnels , i had tunnel spawns in them ,and it took a while to get them so they worked ,without warping
Old 12-10-2003, 04:24 PM

Try to look at this one,its a LW map, i did it a long time ago , but im sure it has tunnel spawns , if it does and u want the mis , i will zip it up and let u look it over
Attached Files
File Type: zip get down in the dirt.zip (8.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-11-2003, 03:08 PM

Thanx Jim.... I'll give that one a whirl
I have BMS to MIS converter, so I can have a look at it.

--- a bit later ----

I converted your map and searched it completely and can find no spawns within the tunnels. You sure have a multitude of spawn spots, but none in the tunnels. I tried clearing all markers and inserting spawns in tunnels. Same problem, first one works fine. Then 2nd one worked once, then next time spawned on the surface.

Nobody else has even suggested any remedies. Perhaps it just can't be done. I have placed A1's in tunnels successfully, but can't seem to place multiple sapwn spots. Are you sure you actually have a map that has several tunnels spawns?

Thanx for your efforts anyway. If you have another map with tunnels spawns, I would like to see it.

Last edited by SnowBird; 12-11-2003 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:38 AM

Sorry SnowBird ! i looked and i must have deleted them , that was the only tunnel map i had left from about 5 of them for Land Warrior, i prob didnt delete that one cause it was my favorite as well as my first tunnel map! sorry i couldnt be more help , but that was the only one i have ! , i dont know what else could be doing it , you do have the unlocked med right ? that is the only other thing i can think of , but other than that , im stumped! ( oh and as for the multitude of spawns , i did that for the purpose of ,if someone is using 32 player servers as well as making it so everyone doesnt spawn in the same place more than a time or two in the length of the map , i found it makes for better gameplay! when i do maps, i copy the map when its done ,before i put the spawns in , and then make TDM,DM TKOTH etc from that , that way you dont have flagbays etc , in a deathmatch, etc , and each type has there own spawn points !

Last edited by JimDirt; 12-12-2003 at 02:48 AM.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:47 PM

Thanks a lot Jim. We still play the map with only one tunnel spawn and occasionally someone does spawn there.

Any other Map experts out there??? How about some helpfull suggestions.