Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 05-22-2005, 05:07 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek Saddam in his underpants!

I don't know if any of you have heard about the British tabloid called the Sun and it publishing of a number of photographs of Saddam Hussein the former dictator of Iraq in his underwear?

The problem seems to be how these photographs got to the Sun so that they could publish them in the first place with Husseins lawyers sited as saying these pictures "deny their client his dignity!"

Considering the murders, torture, rape and god knows what else this bastard is responsible for in his years in power I for one couldn't give a flying F*** for his "dignity" or anything else and I'm still surprised that some didn't just shoot the son of a birch when they captured him!

Regardsd a very bewildered Baddog!!!!
Old 05-22-2005, 05:39 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
^^ true true

i guess they might be worried of a backlash in the forum of bombings etc?

iirc the Sun said its was to show that Saddam is not a powerful person anymore and it would help stop Iraqi's fighting.

i think the pics are old to, i.e. from when he was first captured.

i LOL'd in the shop when i saw the pics
Old 05-22-2005, 06:02 AM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

Bush probes Saddam's pants

George Bush yesterday launched a probe into how pictures of Saddam Hussein in his underpants were leaked.

His spokesman said: “He has been briefed. He wants to get to the bottom of it.”

Old 05-22-2005, 06:04 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Biggrin

LMAO I love it Mouse!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 05-23-2005, 07:34 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
I don't care if they showed him in his undies... the moron killed thousands and destroyed families so screw him
Old 05-24-2005, 05:18 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Quote:
I don't care if they showed him in his undies... the moron killed thousands and destroyed families so screw him
I couldn't agree more bro!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 05-24-2005, 06:13 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
yea i seen it what in CNN news e-mail i get; i hear some senator had taken them and then gave them out.

he was doing a site inspection and taken the photos to show to others in his office but some one handed them out. i lease that i heard in the grape vine
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 05-24-2005, 09:11 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Technically, he has same rights under Geneva Convention as an other War Criminal. I don't remember seeing Milosovic's and other War Criminal's pics in undies...

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 05-24-2005, 09:14 AM
"ath-hole"

ohh well. They are definately not following the geneva convention stuff.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
ohh well. They are definately not following the geneva convention stuff.
I'm affraid other people will start doing the same, wrong precedence has been set.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2005, 06:42 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I still say all this could have been avoided if he'd been shot as soon as he was found, he deserves to be shot for what he's done!

Regards
Old 05-25-2005, 07:58 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
some times i wish them soldiers would not think first, in old days you clear a tunnel by dropping a grenade in the hole.

you clear the tunnel/hole first then look into it after its been clear. gee.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 05-25-2005, 08:30 AM
"ath-hole"

Yeah if he was shot then our soldiers would have been court marshalled or prosecuted. I think this whole thing is screwed up. People go over there risk their lives to protect us and then some )(*)(& in washington who would rather save his own butt is telling them what to do and expecting them to follow old guidlines under the "Geneva Convention." Those militants are not following the rules and honsetly if it came to breaking that I would over getting shot or having a squad member getting shot.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:16 AM

Current battles are not structured battles. They are house to house battles, like BHD.

What keeps us from falling to the level of those terrorists are the very same rules made in Geneva Convention. I admire the wisdom of the Generals and Politicans who created and implemented them at the time.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2005, 09:34 AM
"ath-hole"

Thing is that we are not at that time and the rules of engagement have changed. We should not suffer loss of life due to some POS rule. I can see some points like no inhumane treament of POW's but I mean this is BS to treat our soldiers like criminals for killing someone when that is what they are there for!
Old 05-25-2005, 11:12 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

The Geneva convention is indeed a wonderful document however it seems that Saddam Hussain did not act by it when he allowed interogators to brutally beat two R.A.F. pilots who were captured in the first Gulf War. They were later shown on Iraqui television with their faces obviously beaten.

The Nazi's in the second world war old held by the convention on the Western Front, in the Soviet Union as it then was, there were no rules at all and as a result many attrocities were comitted by both sides.

Similarly the Japanese in world war two never ratified the convention and treated allied prisoners with the most awful brutality, I could go on as the list of these dreadful crimes seems almost endless.

The Western goverments have for the most part always abided by the convention, though there have been exceptions besides which we are now fighting a war on global terror and no terrorist will ever sign any convention what so ever.

Saddam Hussain deserves the death penalty at the very least and again I for one wish had had been shot on capture and this whole sorry saga would be over.

Regards
Old 05-25-2005, 11:15 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Tongue

Pardon any spelling errors in that last post but I was slightly distracted by a low flying helicopter whilst I was typing.....and I mean low flying lol!!!!

Regards
Old 05-25-2005, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
The Geneva convention is indeed a wonderful document however it seems that Saddam Hussain did not act by it when he allowed interogators to brutally beat two R.A.F. pilots who were captured in the first Gulf War. They were later shown on Iraqui television with their faces obviously beaten.

The Nazi's in the second world war old held by the convention on the Western Front, in the Soviet Union as it then was, there were no rules at all and as a result many attrocities were comitted by both sides.

Similarly the Japanese in world war two never ratified the convention and treated allied prisoners with the most awful brutality, I could go on as the list of these dreadful crimes seems almost endless.

The Western goverments have for the most part always abided by the convention, though there have been exceptions besides which we are now fighting a war on global terror and no terrorist will ever sign any convention what so ever.

Saddam Hussain deserves the death penalty at the very least and again I for one wish had had been shot on capture and this whole sorry saga would be over.

Regards
I'm not saying he was a wonderful man or anthing like that. What I'm saying that we should hold our "high moral ground", which means letting Iraqi people decide what to do with him. But leaking pics to public to demoralize the opposition and then posing as if something bad happened and saying we'll investigate is total hypocracy. What are they afraid of?

Quote:
Old 05-25-2005, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
Pardon any spelling errors in that last post but I was slightly distracted by a low flying helicopter whilst I was typing.....and I mean low flying lol!!!!

Regards
Quit posting on the subject man! You know how rules are in UK They even wanna know which brand of toilet paper you use

Quote:
Old 05-26-2005, 03:46 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Quote:
Quit posting on the subject man! You know how rules are in UK They even wanna know which brand of toilet paper you use
LMAO DD you might have a point there, great debate by the way bro!!!!

Warmest Regards