Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-23-2005, 07:19 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Well, for obvious political reasons, Mr Bush has steped in. What a feasco!

I wonder how many million people are like that but NO they had to pick this one coz she's in FL. Bloody politicians.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 03-23-2005, 07:42 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Yeah, like I said this is the family's issue not america's.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:44 PM

I guess they are getting the 3rd Bush for their brand of politics.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
I don't recall any government official bringing this to light. It was the media crying that no one would do a thing about it, turning anyone with a title into a target, and making a villain of her husband. The media has turned this whole thing into a huge deal. What I ask is this: where the hell is this same media when rapists and murderers are let go on parole, even though they've broken their parole deals before and continued to commit crimes. Where is this media when our troops are tricked by lying insurgents, and these men die? Where is our media when actual crises occur?

To be painfully honest, I really don't care about this woman. Yes, it sucks to be a vegetable. It would be awful to starve to death. But where does an entire nation get hung up on one woman? Seriously, I'm more worried about my neighbors and the idiots who randomly shoot their guns near our houses. I'm worried about losing jobs to some guy in Turkmenistan because he's paid pennies. It's a truly sad and utterly amazing thing that right now, when we're in a war, our citizens are more worried about a dying vegetable (don't kid yourself, that's what she is; neurologists confirmed this) and giving their money to her and lawyers supposedly helping her than helping our men and women in combat. We have military men and women (plural) dying, yet we hear more about this one, insignificant woman than we do our troops.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DevilDog#1
I guess they are getting the 3rd Bush for their brand of politics.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2005, 08:24 PM

This reminds of one of my Political Science lectures in which the instructor said that the Roman Kings, when faced with all sort of external and intertenal problems, used to start Gladiator events, which lasted months. So, the people would forget the reality and be absorbed in the games!

I feel we are also looking at a similar specitcal now, to divert people's attention from real issues: War in Iraq, Troops dieing, Rising Interest Rate, Rising Inflation, Outsourcing, and increase in violent crime.

Quote:

Last edited by DevilDog#1; 03-23-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
& gas prices... .

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 03-23-2005, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by troj
& gas prices... .
You missed the crucial word bud! Artificial raise in gas prices.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2005, 08:46 PM

And our government is responsible? I find it highly improbable that the American media would cooperate with this administration so that focus could be taken off all those things you listed. On the contrary, I would expect the reverse, that they would rather focus on Iraq, gas prices, and inflation- anything to create discontent. Instead, they've found something stronger in a dying woman.

I completely agree about the Romans. One thing you have to remember about that time period is there was one man in control. He was in control of that period's media. I think you will find that the government is not in control of our media.

Another thing I think of is all the money being wasted dealing with this problem. Why should the government spend our money to write orders and directives to save this one woman? I can't find anywhere in our Constitution where it allows our government to engage in any benevolent acts on its citizens.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:06 PM

But the basic idea of diverting people's attention to local incidents from core issues still stands.

In lot of TWC (3rd World Countries), government use the same strategy to come up with concocted festivals and sports events, so the masses wouldn't pay attention to what the government is doing. India is a very good example of that. Even though being one of the biggest democracy in the world. The per capita income and standard of living well below other countries in the region.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2005, 09:38 PM
"ath-hole"

Yeah, I hear very few citizens of india are wealthy. Very few are computer genius'ssss.

I think the gas prices are because of POS OPEC.

We might as well stop buying their gas and use our own.
Then they will be dirt poor and we can say it was their own greedy fault.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will i think it be good there be a law lay down on something like this. no one should face this at all one their own.

think it like this your in bed can't do a thing at all, get up walk around see a movie or have freedom to do as you please.

to me it would be really sad i would wish some one unplug me so i can go to sleep and the nightmares be over. 15yrs is way too much. if there anything left of her it would not be much at all.

i would cry 7/24 inside if i was in that nightmares state, i can't get out of. can you do it think about it really hard. i would love to have some one put me to sleep like a animal have more right then we do, a owner call a vet-up ask please put my dog down please. a shot is all it take to stop her nightmares.

if a medic trouble found and there no cure for it at all and no hope to shorting her stay in that nightmares state, a shot to end her nightmares would be better then starving to death.

if i was in state of hearth, i would think days would go by i could not even think of day a week know of the year would be (in her case it been 15yrs) all the days would seem tobe the same a living nightmares like some B-Movie only i would be in it and living it 7/24 day and nights & days no way to get out of it.

i only wish her nightmar be over with ether she get better or end it for her no one should live like that OMG 15yrs is way to much time for some one to live a nightmar like that.

i don't care for the family or the Husband they should have ended long time all go. how much can that women take? i cry for her only i don't give a rat**s for them who let her live like this it a shameful way to let it go on to live hell on earth.

i understand they did it for one reason they love her, but they would wish the best for her. end the nightmar in a nice painless way. a shot in the arm to put her to sleep would be much better then let her live in a hellish nightmar day after day and years already gone by.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-23-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

i didnt think that the US could ro would drill enough oil for its own consumption, although if the US did become self sufficent in the regard, i dont think it would make a great difference, if there was suddenly all this extra oil, china would buy most of it, they dont get as much as they want/need now. By world standards i think that american petrol is much cheaper anyway.

What would cause much more problems in the US is if the OPEC countries started dealing in Euro's instead of the USD, the USD is backed by oil, if that backing isnt there the USD will collapse.

As for Terry Schiavo, i think they should let her go, shell probably pass away before the appeal can be decided on anyway.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:39 AM

We have enough oil to be self-sufficient, just not enough refineries and other facilities.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:31 AM
"ath-hole"

We have plenty of oil. Their plan is to dry the oil out in the middle east and then start using ours . Probably by then we'll be using hydrogen or something else to fuel our cars.

As for it not hurting OPEC I think it would really hurt them. We are their biggest customers. China has like 3 billion people or something like that...I dunno. Anyway not all of them have cars. Think there was a poll that showed 75% or better of americans had a car or more than one car. Loosing that would hurt them but I am sure they'd find someone esle to screw.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
We have plenty of oil. Their plan is to dry the oil out in the middle east and then start using ours . Probably by then we'll be using hydrogen or something else to fuel our cars.

As for it not hurting OPEC I think it would really hurt them. We are their biggest customers. China has like 3 billion people or something like that...I dunno. Anyway not all of them have cars. Think there was a poll that showed 75% or better of americans had a car or more than one car. Loosing that would hurt them but I am sure they'd find someone esle to screw.
You were saying??

"World oil price up after blast at BP refinery in US

LONDON, March 24 (Xinhuanet) -- Oil prices in the world markets rose Thursday after a blast killed at least 14 people at a British Petroleum refinery in Texas, the United States.

In London, Brent crude jumped 31 cents to 53.35 US dollars a barrel abreast with the US light crude, which gained 32 cents to 54.13 dollars.

Crude futures also surged. Light, sweet crude for May delivery was up 73 cents to 54.54 dollars a barrel by afternoon in Europe in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

"The US has been running refineries at record rates and we've been very lucky we haven't had a major problem like this earlier. It's a reminder of how vulnerable we are," said an oil analyst at Alaron Trading in Chicago, citing by reports.

Oil prices had fallen to a two-week low, only to resurge amid reports of the deadly blast in the United States. The current oil prices, however, are still more than 3 dollars below the record highs witnessed last week.

The giant BP Texas City refinery produces 3 percent of the US petrol and has a 470,000 barrel-a-day capacity.

The price of petrol could yet rise further in the United Statesas gasoline stocks fell by 4.1 million barrels last week and dropped 3 percent over the past fortnight.

Crude oil prices have gone up around 10 dollars a barrel this year, prompting OPEC to announce an immediate increase in production quota of 500,000 barrels a day. The cartel has indicated a possible hike of another 500,000 barrels per day if oil prices continue to hover at record highs. Enditem "

Interestingly ...

Explosions not uncommon in Texas city

Longtime resident: 'I've become accustomed to it'
Thursday, March 24, 2005 Posted: 8:40 AM EST (1340 GMT)

TEXAS CITY, Texas (AP) -- At a convenience store within sight of the BP plant, Fabian Orellano was cleaning up fluorescent lights that had crashed to the ground in the latest explosion to hit this community.

"You know that living close to these plants is really dangerous, but you just don't think about it," he said after a blast Wednesday killed at least 14 workers and injured more than 100 others.

At Mainland Medical Center, the closest hospital to the plant, about 70 people huddled around the lobby, where about 60 of the injured were being treated.

Some were crying, many were embracing, the rest gathered around talking. Pastors were keeping the media from the worried families of the injured.

Longtime residents have been through it before -- the explosions that shatter windows, damage eardrums and send them dashing for cover.

It's a cruel irony in Texas City that the petrochemical industry, which employs a large share of the population and provides them with a rich tax base, also is involved in the very events that sometimes scare, injure or kill them.

"I've become accustomed to it," said Marion Taylor, 55, as she entered the convenience store shortly after the blast. "I was born here and pretty much, it happens from time to time."

In March 2004, an explosion at the BP plant injured no one. But 58 years ago, Texas City was the site of the nation's worst industrial accident when two ships loaded with tons of ammonium nitrate fertilizer exploded; combined losses were 576 people killed and another 5,000 injured.

Within minutes of Wednesday's explosion, Texas City and regional emergency workers responded according to form. Officials ordered residents to stay inside until authorities could be certain the air was safe.

School children were ordered under their desks until the rumbling subsided and parents were told their children were safe -- not to pick them up.

Not everyone obeyed the order. One broken window came not from the plant explosion, but from a panicked parent who smashed a school window trying to get to his child inside.

The Salvation Army was on hand, doling out food and drinks to an estimated 900 emergency workers.

"They are burned out, really, basically tired," said Salvation Army worker Henry Garza Jr. "You can tell a couple of them were involved close enough to the explosion. I don't know, they look pale and they just like are lucky they survived."

Hence,

It's just all a ploy to raise gas prices for the rest of the year.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2005, 08:53 AM
"ath-hole"

I think we should all drive mopeds around then they can't make much

I am sure gas would go up to like $10 a galon.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
Yeah, I hear very few citizens of india are wealthy. Very few are computer genius'ssss.

I think the gas prices are because of POS OPEC.

We might as well stop buying their gas and use our own.
Then they will be dirt poor and we can say it was their own greedy fault.
Ammm ... can't happen. We are TOO dependent on their oil. Reason we're there nowadays in the first place.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

china has around 1.2 billion. Chinas oil consumption is growing at 7 times that of the USA, cars are becoming more and more popular in china thanks to the affordability of them now china is a member of the World Trade Organization. By 2010 its expected thereyll be 100 times more cars than 1990, and that by 2020, therll be more cars in china than in the US. So no it wouldnt affedt the OPEC countries.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:59 AM
"ath-hole"

Untill we start running hydrogen cars...but I bet they will have their greedy hands in that to.