Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:46 PM
J-Factor is offline J-Factor

Joint Task Force (PC)

http://www.jointtaskforce.com/

General Info
Since the end of the Cold War, the world has dramatically changed. The threats our military is asked to confront are vastly different from the past. We must not only prepare for the perils of today, but also develop capabilities that will ensure a robust capacity to deter and defeat future threats. Indeed, the dangers that confront us today were, in many cases, secondary yesterday.

"It is indeed tragic that diplomacy has failed, but there are times when the use of force may be legitimate in the pursuit of peace."

Kofi Annan, U.N. secretary-general, March 24, 1999.

Joint Task Force™ is the real-time strategy (RTS) game where you command the frontline forces in tomorrow’s most hazardous conflicts.

Lead twenty dramatic missions in explosive war-zones including the Middle East, Central Asia, and the Balkans.

Experience the evolution of warfare firsthand as you bring superior tactics and military technology to bear against dangerous and unconventional forces. No game has been so gritty or immediate.

Use the principle of combined arms to your maximum advantage. All battlefield units — including infantry, tanks, artillery, reconnaissance and helicopters — are strongest when used together. Your men’s lives depend on your level-headed strategy.

Joint Task Force™ is under development by the core team behind the best-selling Panzers: Phase One (2004) called “possibly the best war game ever made for the PC…” by PC Action.

Joint Task Force is due for release in 2006.

Will you be ready for it?

Features

The terrorist attack on the US on September 11, 2001 heightened the risk to global prosperity, as more and more resources were diverted towards military spending and anti-terrorism. The start of war in March 2003 between a US-led coalition and Iraq added new uncertainties to the global situation, and the high cost of establishing order in Iraq became a major global problem.

Yet, throughout history, there have always been powers that benefit from an unstable world – certain organizations, companies and corrupted men depend on suffering, pain and fear. This is and has always been their playground, and they reap ever-increasing profit from it. Hand in hand with the rise of unemployment, desperation, anger and inertia came the ascent of fanaticism, violence and terror. Nationalistic parties, gangs of thugs, eco-terror groups of increased severity and organized crime prospered in the ever-growing shadow cast by the new wave of global terrorism represented by the group Matar.

The Joint Task Force is formed by a total majority vote in the UN on the initiative of the Global Defense Alliance, a subgroup of the Group of Eight (G8). Designed to function with minimal bureaucratic involvement, the organizational hierarchy of the Joint Task Force is very direct, allowing the unit to be flexible and independent. You are about to take command over the Joint Task Force´s first battallion.

The eyes of the world are upon you - you cannot afford to fail.

Welcome to duty...and have fun!

Elaborate story line, 5 campaigns and 1 tutorial
Manipulate media and civilians
Invest in your heroes; take them to the next mission
News channel which provides background information and live coverage of battle
Satellite recon at your disposal
Several terrain types: Desert, Winter Valley, Rocky Mountain, Jungle and Cave
Realistic physics for units and buildings
Dynamic weather with effect on game flow
Destructable terrain objects
Multiplayer modes include: Domination, Deathmatch and Cooperative mode
Campaign playable in multiplayer
Multiplayer modes will be able to handle 8 players over LAN and internet. With a brand new multiplayer mode.

System Requirements

In order to install and play Joint Task Force, your system must meet or exceed the following minimum system requirements:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIRED

• Windows(R) XP, x64 or 2000 with latest service pack installed
• DirectX(R) 9.0c or higher
• Pentium(R) 4 2.0 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 2000+ or equivalent processor
• 512 MB RAM or more
• 64 MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 4 Ti or ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9500 video card
• Monitor that can display in 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio
• 5.0 GB free hard drive space for installation
• Additional hard drive space for a swap file and saved game files
• 4x CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
• 16-bit DirectX(R) 9.0-compliant sound card
• Internet or LAN connection for multiplayer games
• Mouse
• Keyboard

In order to play the game at the recommended resolution, detail and performance levels, your computer should meet or exceed the following specifications:

• Pentium(R) 4 3.0 GHz or equivalent processor
• 1 GB RAM
• GeForce(R) 6800 or equivalent DirectX(R) 9 compliant video card with hardware T&L and pixel shader 2.0 support
• Sound Blaster(R) X-Fi(TM) series sound card

SUPPORTED VIDEO CARD CHIPSETS WITH LATEST DRIVER VERSION INFO:

NVIDIA(R)

ForceWare(TM) Drivers (Windows(R) 2000/XP): v91.31

GeForce(R) 4 Ti Series
GeForce(R) FX 5900 Series
GeForce(R) 6600 Series
GeForce(R) 6800 Series
GeForce(R) 7800 Series
GeForce(R) 7900 Series

ATI(R)

Catalyst(TM) Drivers (Windows(R) 2000/XP): v6.6

Radeon(R) 9500 Series
Radeon(R) 9600 Series
Radeon(R) 9700 Series
Radeon(R) 9800 Series
Radeon(R) X600 Series
Radeon(R) X700 Series
Radeon(R) X800 Series
Radeon(R) X850 Series

Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that is not listed here may result in reduced performance, graphical anomalies, or both.

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS JTF SINGLEPLAYER DEMO!

http://www.fileshack.com/login.x?fid...2BForce%2BDemo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:

Originally posted by J-Factor

New England's Largest And Finest Traveling Amusement Park

Last edited by J-Factor; 10-17-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
heck, some of those graphics can be outdone by bhd on my puter, yet in JTF even on low settins it DOESNT RUN NEARLY AS FAST?!? WTF!>!

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 10-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
man what are they think these Ati cards are most part old now days, Ati X1000 serials are the newer generation Cards now days

X1300
X1600
X1800
X1900
so on there more but i think you get the Id

what with that tank M1 and people it look low graphic level for some reason

i am using Catalyst(TM) Drivers (Windows(R) 2000/XP): v6.8 now days, i do have Catalyst(TM) Drivers (Windows(R) 2000/XP): v6.9 not instill

i going to pass on this totally.

not to be off the wall but has any one ask the US-Army or the arm force in the meddle east to use their images for use in games? i mean people getting kills all the time and its never good Id to make a game base on what is really going on another country when it still going on! it may flame it even more.

Iraq war/civil war is not over and they making this game up don't they think this may make it worst for all over there now? gee

for god sack they gone nutso over a cartoon don't they think if they gone that crazy think what they do when they see this game as will, crap it may give them some Ids how to kill them better as will.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-17-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:30 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
The game somewhat interests me.Im mostly a Sci Fi guy now, actually i have always been.I got to rebuy Area 51 someday due to i let my friend have it like a few days before i ever thought i would get the laptop i have now months back.I am really looking forward to someone making a alien and sci fi soldiers looking game based on sort of what Battlefield and Delta Force is.

Like put a game in the future for Delta Force.Delta Force 2410, make Delta Force Sci Fi like where you kill aliens now and the wars are on earth,mars,and other planets lol!

Either that or make a Sci Fi game sort of like Stargate SG1 for Delta Force or Something where you go back in time to different locations to fight battles lol!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 10-18-2006, 01:14 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Looks like a cross between BHD and Battlefield 2...
Old 10-18-2006, 10:36 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

But alot worse in my opinion, I didn't like it, but im not to interested in strategy though

My photography website

Old 10-18-2006, 11:31 PM
~Sgt.Squirmitz~ is offline ~Sgt.Squirmitz~

I think Company of Heroes is better, too bad it ain't modern warfare.

~Semper Stupidus~

Old 10-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mstenger404
heck, some of those graphics can be outdone by bhd on my puter, yet in JTF even on low settins it DOESNT RUN NEARLY AS FAST?!? WTF!>!
it's not all about graphics when it comes to graphics card needs, its also physics, the buildings and terrain respond to being shelled, shot at, etc, increasing needs drastically