Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 07-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Mudbelly is offline Mudbelly

[Router/port settings]Issue: Am i doing this wrong?

Hi I've been doing what I've seen posted around the web about when someone cant connect to your server and are stuck on joining sesion in TFD you do some port fowarding. I followed what they did in portfowarding.com in dfb and changed it around to what I thought was right If it were tfd. Now I have some screenshot's so you can understand and tell If im doing the right thing or is just a mistake or what ever please help. I checked it out on the setting I have and I have the firewall turn off too. Nat is what I went in to to edit this I have a Netopia Cayman 3341 series modem. Here is what I'm doing and what should let people able to join my server in TFD
Anyway hope you understand and can help me thanks.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-12-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i don't have the asker but other using that modem (router) may know. wish the best 4u

i added-in [Router/port settings] so it stands out better in the thread name above.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-12-2006, 07:57 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
When you click next does it ask for the IP address of the computer to forward the port too?

IcI
Old 07-13-2006, 11:06 AM

Thanks, no it does not ici, I asked my isp support and they dont deal with "advanced" issue's such as these but they did say find out the port of the game and static nat. It might be my base port I was not sure on what to put there.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
see if this page helps out any: http://www.netopia.com/support/hardw...s/CQG_025.html

Don't know if that is for your exact model or not... your screen shot and what they talk about in there doesn't match, but maybe it will give some pointers to help out.

If not, check the bottem for the exact model and revision number and do a search on that (I found at least 3 3341 modem models, different revisions though).

IcI
Old 07-14-2006, 04:47 AM

What they have done there is what I've done but mine does not have a spot to put an internal ip. Should i have it on TCP or UDP?
Old 07-14-2006, 06:52 AM

UDP

weird. If you can't specify the ip, I'm stumped, other then call tech support.

IcI
Old 07-18-2006, 12:51 AM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Make sure your putting the right IP!Like for my router i didnt put my ip for myself but my default gateway ip.I think everyone has 2 ips if im not mistaken.Where you go to release and renew your ip check and see if theres another ip.I know all i have to do is type winipcfg on my Windows ME and it shows up.For my XP here i never have done it.

Never seen a router with a base host port,Maybe ya put the wrong port number there?

If this helps also this is the post about router forwarding for DFTFD with some notes.

NovaLogic Support
Knowledge Base Article

Question:
I use a router to when connecting to the Internet, why can't I host or connect into the Novaworld games? What ports do I need to open?

Answer:

If you connect through a firewall or router, you will want to open port 17478 UDP.

DSL/Cable Routers (NAT being Network Address Translation devices like cable/dl routers. Some firewalls act like NAT devices too.) take the IP address given you by your ISP and split it into mutiple addresses on the subnet of your LAN.

Because there are so many different variations of firewall software available we do not offer support on how to change the settings. Contact the developer of the firewall or router software for assistance with their product.

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Last edited by .DareDevil.; 07-18-2006 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:05 AM

I have all that done it must be the base host port I e-mailed tech support they would not help me its too advanced they said.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:29 AM

In that pic you have posted, what happens when you click Next?

There has to be some place to specify an IP to forward the port to. I haven't seen a router yet where you couldnt'.

I noticed that you could set up remote access.. if you want, I'll be more then willing to take a look. Just drop me a line on msn or yahoo (icishoot@yahoo.com for both).

IcI

Last edited by IcIshoot; 07-20-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mudbelly
What they have done there is what I've done but mine does not have a spot to put an internal ip. Should i have it on TCP or UDP?
Ahhh didnt catch that ici is right you have to have it specified to a certain ip.Like for example heres my Linksys!Except i removed my ip from the box that says my ip for an example.All i have to do is replace the 0 on mine for the right number and it works.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 07-20-2006, 10:46 AM

I got one idea.On your NAT Config if you put in the game like for example as shown below then click enable it might work.

If you already did that go back to it and click enable again and get someone to see if they can join your server.

Also make sure any firewalls you have running router or on desktop have stealth mode turned off and are set to medium or whatever.On some firewalls you must set it to the security level where your computer acts like a server.Meaning it will alllow people to join.If its set to high it will also block people.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 07-20-2006, 12:28 PM

lol, it wouldn't have mattered if you had left the ip number there. its a private IP. no one can get access it unless there is some security hole or trojen some place. there is only 254 options as to your ip

But yep, that is what needs to be done. It almost looks like that page may be just adding the service. then on an other page you just select DFTFD1 (using his example) from a list and tell it what IP to forward it to.

But with out looking at it, I can't help out much more. since I never even heard of that router, much less used one, I'm blind.

IcI
Old 07-20-2006, 04:01 PM

Yea i havent never heard of it either!It seems like an older one.

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server