Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-22-2002, 07:46 AM
=82nd=HUNTER is offline =82nd=HUNTER

Send a message via ICQ to =82nd=HUNTER
eek Edit EVENTS????????

Plz could anyone describe how HELI`S TAKE OFF and came down AT the SAME points they START , i think i need a event there but i have no idea how! is there anywhere a tut for this ! ???
Old 10-22-2002, 09:01 AM

WHY MOVED?

Is a BHD Topic!!!!
PLLLZZZZZZZZZZ HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 11:11 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Howdy!

I don't think anyone made a tutorial for Events in BHD Demo. I'd recommend you just look @ the stock map and figure it out.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 10-22-2002, 02:10 PM

Is there any way to copy the complete Blackhawk(HUMMER) waypoints and events from the original MAP?
Maybe someone can put this on an empty map and post it here
I have try it but it didnt works!
THX
Old 10-23-2002, 12:56 AM
(Old)
Unregistered

i moved it, i know there are poeple that don't look all forums, so i figured if i leave a redirect you have a better chance of it being answewred
Old 10-23-2002, 03:52 AM

OK THX
Old 11-05-2002, 11:36 AM
snipedogg is offline snipedogg

Set up waypoints that do not loop. First and last waypoint in same spot. Assign
helo to a group. If you want to make helo start when game does leave if statement
blank in edit events. The then statement should read Redirect group it will require
you to select group and waypoint. The next line in then statement should be
set group velocity. Select group and velocity this what actually makes it move. If you
want it to move at some later time set an event in the if statement to trigger it.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:57 AM
DeDRAGE is offline DeDRAGE

Dont feel bad im having same trouble wish I could help

Old 11-08-2002, 04:30 PM
Edward is offline Edward

in bhd its much different then any other version df

try this

Ok, I know lot of people have been waiting for this one. Mind you this tutorial just makes the humvees move in circles or n in a very simple waypoint pattern. Still working on Events and Trigger Areas. So, the AI part of the vehicales still needs to be added

This tutorial will just show how to make the Black Hawks (BH) fly. Humvees work the same way, accept for the fact that humvees have no Z-values. I'll be using the DVD1 Terrain that came originally with the MP Demo. You can use any other terrain you want.

Lastly, I assume the reason you are reading this tutorial is because the building work fine for you. If you don't know how to make maps please look @ the "How to make map in BHD MP Demo" thread.

Here are the steps:

1. Start the BHD Demo MED.
2. Select the default Mission Terrain, DVD1, from General Information box, under Edit menu and hit OK.
3. Depending on your machine, the Med loads the Terrain and it appears in the main workspace.
4. Hit Insert on your keyboard to activate the Insert Mode. Or you can also do right click once with the mouse and select the Insert.
5. Click on the part of the map where you want to add the BH.
6. Insert Items box appears.
7. Select Vehicles, and then select Fblkhawk Indestructable Blackhawk with two miniguns. Hit OK button.
8. Depending on your Zoom level BH will appear as a read mark on the map.
9. Use + on number keypad or pageup to zoom in. And visa versa for - or pagedown to zoom out
10. Hit the Insert key once again to leave the Insert Mode. Or you can also do right click once with the mouse and select the Insert.
11. Select the BH and then hit the 3D Wireframe button, near the top right hand corner.
12. Once again, use + on number keypad or pageup to zoom in. And visa versa for - or pagedown to zoom out.
13. Holding down the Shift key do arrow up, to bring the BH above the ground level. For minor tweaking use Shift and Ctrl with arrow up or arrow down.
14. Hit the 3D Wireframe button again.
15. Hit the Unselect All button to deselect the BH.
16. Go to Edit menu and then select Groups.
17. Groups box appears.
18. Select 3- and in the Description type BH#1. Hit OK button.
19. Go to Edit menu and then select Waypoints.
20. Waypoints box appears.
21. Select 1- and in the Description type Makes BH#1 Move. Leave the Color as Orange. Hit OK button.
22. Select the BH on the map by left clicking once on it.
23. Now rigt click on the BH and select Edit Items Attributes.
24. Items Attributes box appears.
25. Make sure that the AI Textfile under AI Variables has H_BHAWK. Leave the Groups Box as None and Neutral (Green). For Hummvees please select [/b]J_Jeep[/b].
26. On the same box, under Waypoints select Makes BH#1 Move from List. Hit OK button.
27. Hit the Unselect All button to deselect the BH.
28. Activate the Insert Mode and click on the map where you want to add first way point.
29. Insert Items box appears.
30. Select Marker, and then select Waypoints. Hit OK button.
31. Repeat above step three more times.
32. Leave the Insert Mode.
33. Now select all the waypoints you just created in the order they were created.
34. Once all the waypoints are selected, right click and Edit Items Attributes.
35. Items Attributes box appears.
36. Under Waypoints select Makes BH#1 Move from List.
37. On the same box enter 30 in the left box of the Z option. Hit OK button.
38. Notice that the waypoints now have Orange color lines going though their centers, forming a circle.
39. Hit the Unselect All button to deselect the waypoints.
40. Add a Blue team and red team insertion points near the BH.
41. Select Save As option under File menu and then Export Binary Misson option, also under the same menu.
42. Close the Med and pack the file either using the PACKIT.EXE or the pack demores.pff TDMM_01x.bms. Where x represent the letters a, b, or c.
43. Start BHD Demo, host, and see your first BH fly.

Steps for making hummvees move are similar. Just don't enter any Z values as we did in step # 37.

scout's out http://www.checkpointdelta.com
Old 11-08-2002, 06:20 PM
DeDRAGE is offline DeDRAGE

LMFAO thats DD1's post. But that doesnt do the trick. We are trying to make it repeat its movement. Pickup then circle then come back and pickup again. You know keep picking up peeps. Its useless if it just flys around. That was a good post that DD did though. Helped to get my hummers running.

Old 11-12-2002, 08:59 AM
snipedogg is offline snipedogg

Pick up with helo

If you wanted to keep picking people up with the helo couldnt you set an
area trigger in the last waypoint spot and say if blue team in area then
redirect helo to waypoints with reset selected and a delay to give you time
to get in chopper each time.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:21 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

I believe the trigger areas and events are still kinda buggy in demo. I tried editing the stock maps but that also didn't work.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 11-12-2002, 06:38 PM
Baldo is offline Baldo

Cry

Hello all. First post but i've been working on this same problem. Here's my experiance. I believe in one of the WAC files (i could be wrong) there is a referance to the groups 3 and 4 which represent the original heli groups in the original maps..this may be messing things up. I don't know. If you look at the series of events in that map, there are several "thens" which show as reserve (at least in my editor) and if you look at the mis file, all the ascii commands for those events are identical. I'd say that the bms to mis conversion progy is mis-interpeting those events and are probably something new to BH. I have used groups and SSNs to try and and make a heli or a hummer stop for a short bit then either be triggered or simply return to a waypoint list with no luck. I can get the heli's to land at the last waypoint, but they simply rotor-down and stay put. Alas I resorted to simply making a sort of runway where the heli's skip across the ground for a bit and give the players a chance to hit their "USE GUN" key when they get close to it. It works rather well, but is not the realism I had wished for. New question for ya all though:-) How do you slow down those fast hummers..I've tried lot's of things to no avail. Also, if anyone wants a copy of the helio runway map (Chopper Drop), just email me and I'll send ya the zip.
El Baldo