Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-08-2001, 09:50 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post SB needs ur help plzz

thanks to those reading this. all the others

i enjoy making sp missions, even though i know not many ppl actually like sp dflw. i would like some feedback if you wouldnt mind, from this map http://www.geocities.com/stevieblwma...rpshooters.htm

SB Sharp Shooters. its a sniper based mission.
if u could try it out and tell me what u liked and disliked, plz dont say something like - its crap cause its s aniper mission. lol hardly constructive is it, its not my problem u dont like sniping. so plz comment on stuff like glitches, too easy, if u think something went wrong, wapoints, were the settings good, too short, too long, not enough AI, etc etc.

would be nice if someone could thest it out as a gunner.
if someone daoes say its too easy then u must be cheating no way can u do this first time. i know where all the enemies are and i find it tricky.

cheers doooooooooods
w00t
Old 12-08-2001, 04:20 PM
Sandman is offline Sandman
DF-HQ Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Sandman Send a message via AIM to Sandman
Well, I played it and survived the first time. No, I didn't cheat. I started with the M4/MK until I cleared all immediate threats. Then I climbed the big hill and found an M82 which helped clear the enemy camp. The KA-29 sitting there gave me a fright until it didn't move. As for waypoints, I never follow them. It's a good way to get yourself killed to death. There were plenty of armories to reload in. I thought it was a pretty good map. And I'm not trying to pull the wool over your eyes either. More AI would be cool and maybe a batch of them coming closer to the base too. Hope this review helps you. It could be viewed as a sniper and just a wee bit of CQB map I suppose.
Old 12-08-2001, 06:26 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
It is important when building SP missions that you allow for people who dont follow waypoints.

I never do and often clear maps quicker that way than if I do it the way the map designer wanted you to.

Old 12-08-2001, 06:55 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
cheers dudes.

i know about the problem with following / not following waypoints, and that is a big problem with the way LW is made. a lot events can rely on you hitting waypoints. and i suppose it make th emap rather linear but its there for a reason. it would be extremely hard to make a map that was real sweet, tough but completable and the player was able to wonder where they wanted.

the waypoints are there in that map to trigger events and also guide the player to the enemy. the base troops are supposed to be the last target ( a design flaw ) and they are all deaf until u reach a certain point. and not all the snipers need to be killed to complete the mission because i found it was too hard to get them sometimes ( cause they run off over the hills lol ). this was included cause im sick of time after time of playing a coop or sp map and i can't get the map to finish. this really makes me sick. just wondering around hoping to come across someone ggggggrrrrrr .

i really appreciate the feedback, and i like the fact that u used different weapons. i like that idea. the armouries were there intentionally. U STARTED WITH AN M4!! ppppffftt SNIPER MAP!!! hehe J/K

im struggling with trying to acommodate non waypoint followers. cause i could put in a counter measure but then the player would find out straight away then restart and find it easy. limitation of LW i suppose. i was trying to achieve a tough mission without the need for 150 AI. and well i didnt quite hit the mark. dam u sandy maybe i should take a look at a few or ur missions again ? hehe.

hmm anyone played SB Row Row Row Your Boat?!?!
Old 12-09-2001, 03:37 AM
Sandman is offline Sandman
DF-HQ Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Sandman Send a message via AIM to Sandman
I played that SBRow(3 times)YourBoat and thought it was kind of hard. But that's ok. Maps that are too easy get dumped from the old hard drive. One type of map that ticks me off in SP/Coops is the kind without any events in them at all. Picture yourself going at it for say 2-1/2 hours and finally you're done. But wait! Nothing happens. Time to investigate. What's this??? You can't win because some boob didn't make any events that allow you to!

By the way, I think you should make your maps(with events) any way you want to. You're the creator. If someone don't like it, that's life. Or just because some mope don't want to follow the waypoints and miss out on events, that's his problem. I've seen in your mission briefings, you telling the player to follow them or we'll miss certain effects. You tried to warn them. Go easy on yourself dude, we all think your maps are fine.

I happen to like the M4 for some strange reason. Maybe it's the shotgun dangling off the bottom. It is pretty accurate in single shot(.223). It's also a fun change from the Barrett or PSG-1. The only complaint about that gunin DFLW is the kick they assigned it. That don't happen with the real thing. But that's for a different forum!