Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 10-03-2004, 07:18 AM
HauntShade is offline HauntShade

Send a message via ICQ to HauntShade
SP2 - small problem (BHD-TS)

After installing SP2 (Auto update ) it takes 2 to 3 minutes to load the (server)screen after pressing Join Game in Multiplayer.
I really can't find anything on why it does that, even when using a custom serverscreen (like BHD Pinger) with only 1 or 2 servers listed in it it still takes 2-3 mins to load.

As far as i know this page is loaded from your own computer so it's probably not a connection prob.
I have un-checked the windows firewall cause i use McAffee, all permissions are set to let BHD connect...

A second (older) problem seems to have started after installing TS, i get punted from a server after 2 or 3 maps, when i try to get back into the game it keeps punting me almost every minute or so (giving no reason for it), it's very annoying when playing matches, so far nothing seems to solve that problem.

The only thing that helps so far to at least be able to play a map to the end is to end the game and restart BHD after every map.

Of course that's very annoying when it takes 2-3 mins. to load the server list, means my teammates are starting the match 1 man short..

A fresh install of BHD & TS had no effect on both problems...

Tips anyone ?

SOTW Wins:1 (Week #80)

My Siggies are made with PaintShopPro8

Last edited by HauntShade; 10-03-2004 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:04 AM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
thats what SP2 does to some of our favorite apps and games...it sucks the the most common thing ive seen posted on other sites is to reformat or reinstall windows and stay away from the SP1 and SP2

gotta love microsoft to F things up for the rest of us...lol

i have SP1 and 2 and the only thing it has done to me is slow my connection down...all my pings have shot up - it sucks but i plug along

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 10-04-2004, 02:30 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
I have Windows Xp SP2 no then at all happens it load up and new map loads up ok. can't say why you having trouple with it.

it could be some settings are doing it, in the firewall settings. talking about McAffee maybe it hinding to many ports and blocking some with BHD/TS & JOTR, if "Enable Intrusion Prevation System" is enable and your in "stealth Mode" it maybe blocking the information it needs to load new map into your system.

turn on windows firewall on and disable McAffee then try it. a test to see if it still going on, if the new map loads up ok then it the McAffee firewall is set to high. lower it a bet or change the setting so it don't block all info.

Novaworld servers use more port and send data more ways then one. i had Sygate enable in these 2-items i get punted out all the time. had to disable these 2 item everything work ok.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 10-04-2004, 06:07 AM
HauntShade is offline HauntShade

Send a message via ICQ to HauntShade
Thanks for your replies!

Well i tried playing with firewalls turned of but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Also before i installed TS i had no punting problems whatsoever playing on Novaworld or any other server (with firewall on). That started after installing TS.
Most of the playing i do now is on "private" servers for squadmatches and on my rented server and the punting problem remains, shortly after i installed TS i joined a squad and haven't played on Novaworld since then.
So i honestly don't know if that problem remains when playing on Novaworld but i don't think it should make a big difference.

I also don't log into Novaworld to play, cause it won't allow the use of my "wartag" when playing matches, which is ^HS^.
If i log in through Novaworld it will only show the name Hauntshade no matter what name i choose in game..
Most of the time i use BHD Pinger to join the matches or my own server.

SOTW Wins:1 (Week #80)

My Siggies are made with PaintShopPro8