Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-08-2005, 04:46 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
I want this game to bring back the good ole days!

Whatver happened to the great times? Are you all having as much fun now with these newer games than you had with the entire DF1 experience? If this game is good, I will give it my full support and praise NL for it. For those of us that stay loyal to Delta Force, lets rebuild this community and bring back the glory days. Only a few of you that I've seen around here even experienced the 1998 explosion so you may just think this is ramble but listen to me, it was awesome. Every day, everything was new. There was no DF:2, no DF:LW, TFD, BHD, nothing but DF. DF1 is DF. A saga follows.

btw, 1st post in new DF:Next Gen forum, heh.

I want to hear you views, new to df series or old school like me. -troj

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 03-08-2005, 06:03 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
its never going to. There are alot of new people that are in JO that have not played any of the other games and do not know what it was like when all the games where new. I would love to be able to see all the really good squads from df2 and lw go back to df2 and lw and play there. Thats when it was fun .

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 03-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Most of the DF'rs from 98 skipped DF2 (but bought it) and played some DF:LW when it came out. Then came TFD and it fell apart.

I'm sure the fact that all the COD, Ghost Recon, and all the other new FPS games helped it's decline.

Old 03-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
think Novalogic.Inc going to kill it off soon they revamping it new DF1 be call Delta Force: Reloaded this is the same game only they are totally upgrading the game and add-in new things to it.

all have to buy it to play it not a upgrade to DF1 so you can download the updated virsion they are redoing it all over again. they talk about it at www.novaworld.com forum

i got hook on to DF2, DF1 in some ways bad i try to run uphills only i be walking up them, a 5yrs can run faster then in DF1. think they fixed the bug only they put it into DF2 game and left DF1 dead.

funny fix's or upgrades they only do it into newer games and not fix bug in release new games after 6mo they kill it off

=========================================
ins0mn1a

why you forward every one to? TeeJay there no stats on what games you playing, ins0mn1a there are games you play under this name you have two xfire profiles?

click-on your xfire in sig box there no games listed at all for TeeJay
?confusing as heck?
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-08-2005 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:50 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
what?

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 03-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
he uses 2 names Chief
Old 03-08-2005, 10:29 AM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

The great times in DF 1 are still going. We just lost 85% of the players to the newer games and Nova shuffled us a terrible server. I too hope that the new DF1 will bring a few of the old players back for another round. I like the tempo and feel of DF1 better than any other FPS I have played.Several die hard fans like me still play the game daily and we miss you guys. It reminds me of why I switched from console games to the PC because after a year or so the new console comes out and they ditch the old one. ex: Nintendo..Super Nintendo...Nintendo 64..etc..
So this is like a gift to me ..revamping and revisiting the game that started them all... It's almost like they went back and made a Super Nintendo game for 2005 ...just unheard of nowadays. It deserves that kind of respect. I will be there to see what Nova has done to my fav. game of all time. I will see you there ! <:{{{}}}><

P.S. It's still all about money at Nova.

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
If this brings back the good ol' days, that will be awesome. You hardly ever saw cheating, the fun factor was great, and no one was centered on "that render looks like crap."

And the buildings! There were some great buildings in that game. IMO, DF1 and DF2 had the greatest buildings. Yeah, these new complex ones in BHD are cool, but those old ones are amazing.

I think that part of the decline of the community is simply changing generations. Most of the people playing these games now were 6 or 7 when DF1 came out. Not to say that all of the younger generation that plays is to fault. We have some of the best young people here (I've been to other forums where its completely 180 degrees in the other direction), but a majority that I've played with are rude, sarcastic, and generally immature. We just need a mass exodus of us old timers to the new games to show how it's done
Old 03-08-2005, 11:31 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Bullet
If this brings back the good ol' days, that will be awesome. You hardly ever saw cheating, the fun factor was great, and no one was centered on "that render looks like crap."

And the buildings! There were some great buildings in that game. IMO, DF1 and DF2 had the greatest buildings. Yeah, these new complex ones in BHD are cool, but those old ones are amazing.

I think that part of the decline of the community is simply changing generations. Most of the people playing these games now were 6 or 7 when DF1 came out. Not to say that all of the younger generation that plays is to fault. We have some of the best young people here (I've been to other forums where its completely 180 degrees in the other direction), but a majority that I've played with are rude, sarcastic, and generally immature. We just need a mass exodus of us old timers to the new games to show how it's done
I think there should be an auto kickout of server option attached with every curse word that's uttered.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 03-08-2005, 11:34 AM

Lol, it's called Judge Dread
Old 03-08-2005, 11:52 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Quote:
Lol, it's called Judge Dread
Whatever it's called. I would love to see an option to ignore arrogant, disrespectful, foulmouth, cheating, cursing, harrasing people.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 03-08-2005, 03:08 PM

I think it's called the bozo filter You find it in the commander's map (at least in DFLW, I have no idea about the others).
Old 03-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Amen

Quote:
Originally posted by -live-wire-tra-
The great times in DF 1 are still going. We just lost 85% of the players to the newer games and Nova shuffled us a terrible server. I too hope that the new DF1 will bring a few of the old players back for another round. I like the tempo and feel of DF1 better than any other FPS I have played.Several die hard fans like me still play the game daily and we miss you guys. It reminds me of why I switched from console games to the PC because after a year or so the new console comes out and they ditch the old one. ex: Nintendo..Super Nintendo...Nintendo 64..etc..
So this is like a gift to me ..revamping and revisiting the game that started them all... It's almost like they went back and made a Super Nintendo game for 2005 ...just unheard of nowadays. It deserves that kind of respect. I will be there to see what Nova has done to my fav. game of all time. I will see you there ! <:{{{}}}><

P.S. It's still all about money at Nova.
Amen brother. I will see you there.

Old 03-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Re: Amen

Quote:
I think it's called the bozo filter You find it in the commander's map (at least in DFLW, I have no idea about the others).
bozo filter works this way:

1.) Press K to get the listing of players 12 35 killbill
2.) Press ~ type in bozo 35 hit inter he now block from you seeing his text on your screen.

work the same way for: punt/ban for host option only

bozo works for end user and host. host can't bozo to other can't see his/her text only use it on your own screen

bozo option is in DF: 2/LW/TFD/BHD.
don't recall DF1 has it or not it may have Bozo in it too.

think they remove it from JOTR game you have to use command screen option to get to it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-08-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

rgr that bro. Been a while since I've played LW.