Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-12-2003, 09:17 PM
zigote is offline zigote

Requires NL EXE

I was reading the MISSION EDITOR MANUAL for TFD and at Appendix D: Key Commands, it reads "SHFT+CTRL+Q Quick Test Mission (Requires NL EXE)". 2D Mode

I have searched everywhere for the NL.EXE file and it's no where to be found,

Is this just for the guys who design the maps at NovaLogic, or is it possible to get this exe file.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:08 AM
RoDent is offline RoDent

what is it you are exactly trying to test? If you just want to quickly look at your map while editing it, have your game running (that you are working on), hit the command prompt key ~ and type in resetgames to look at all the new changes that were made to your map.Of course you must first save then export your missions, then start game. But once game is running just use ALT TAB to exit and rechange anything in your editor,save then export, and there you go.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:52 PM
zigote is offline zigote

export your missions,
then start game.
ALT TAB to exit,
change anything in your editor,
save map,
export map,
back to the game,
reload map,

I do that now,
It seems "SHFT+CTRL+Q" in the map editer is still alot faster,
Old 02-28-2003, 05:06 PM
RoDent is offline RoDent

Quote:
Originally posted by zigote
export your missions,
then start game.
ALT TAB to exit,
change anything in your editor,
save map,
export map,
back to the game,
reload map,

I do that now,
It seems "SHFT+CTRL+Q" in the map editer is still alot faster,
^ all the above is true except for the last...as long as you have the game still running you do not need to reload it because its allready running.(when you maximaize the game again(after making changes in editor)...then type resetgames.>it will tell you game over etc. then just hit space-bar to see the changes.) Now YOU have me curious as to if there is a faster way! I will check it out.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:21 PM
zigote is offline zigote

Yeah the NL.exe file is suppose to make it where you can just do a keystroke and view the map in 2D Mode...

This maybe will not be playable, But you can still be able to see the changes. That's all I need to do anyways.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:41 PM
RoDent is offline RoDent

Quote:
Originally posted by zigote
Yeah the NL.exe file is suppose to make it where you can just do a keystroke and view the map in 2D Mode...

This maybe will not be playable, But you can still be able to see the changes. That's all I need to do anyways.
So do you still have to save and export missions/bms files....or do you just hit SHIFT+CTRL+Q and that is it? Sorry forgot to ask....is this all done in the editor or while the game is running in the background?
Old 02-28-2003, 05:45 PM
RoDent is offline RoDent

forgot to ask
Old 02-28-2003, 09:26 PM
zigote is offline zigote

Far as I know, You just hit "SHIFT+CTRL+Q" and you can view your map in 2D Mode.

You may not be able to play, but at least you can view it to see if you have everything in place.

I haven't found anyone that knows anything about this NL.EXE add-on. But I'm sure they would of not put that info in the manual if it was not true.

Appendix D: Key Commands, it reads "SHFT+CTRL+Q Quick Test Mission (Requires NL EXE)". 2D Mode

So to my knowledge, The game doesn't even have to be running.