Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:20 AM
ismi4 is offline ismi4

Delta Force BHD humvee start

How can I set the player start on humvee machinegun in Delta Force BHD?
Old 01-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

You place the HMMWV on the ground, the player start marker above the HMMWV (you can check the height in wireframe view, but setting the Z to 3m should work fine), then open the "Item Attributes" for the player start marker and set it to Red Team.

This will NOT make the player an enemy, it simply tells the game that if the player spawns within attachment range of an attachment point (emplaced weapon, gun on a vehicle, or a Little Bird bench), it should attach the player to it at spawn. Give it a try.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:52 AM
ismi4 is offline ismi4

It worked. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:55 AM
ismi4 is offline ismi4

How can I now what means each animation number in PLAY PART ANIMATION event?
Old 01-05-2016, 07:55 AM

Part Animations are only editable in the unlocked mission editor. Several items in the game have a part that moves when animation 1 is triggered. I am not aware of any items with more than one part animation, though, so as far as I know, "Play part animation 2" is not a thing.

So, the animated parts are the rope on the fast rope Black Hawk, the gangway on the cargo ship, the hatch on the back of the Pavelow (WHICH DOES NOT WORK FOR CLIENTS IN MP MAPS!!!), and, I think, the UN truck pops its hood. (Just checked. It does.)

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure none of these animations are visible to clients in MP maps. That might be relevant information for you.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:51 AM
ismi4 is offline ismi4

When I redirect a vehicle to the waypoint, vehicle start circling and not following given waypoint. I set a music in a dialog (.dbf) and it normaly works. But when I die and load the saved mission there is no music. How can I fix this problems?
Thanks.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:45 AM

Increase the radius of the waypoint, set the waypoints farther apart from each other, or change the vehicle's speed. Vehicles have a turn rate that dictates a turn radius, so if the vehicle's too fast, the waypoints are too close together, or the waypoint marker is too small, the vehicle cannot turn tightly enough to hit the waypoint and it gets stuck orbiting it.

Using .wav dialog actions in .dbfs or .wac files to play music will not work the way you want them to. Music only works correctly with mission .lwf files and music location area triggers, and nobody in the community has ever really gotten a good grip on how to get those to function for non-campaign SP maps.

There are a lot of mappers that'd nominate you for a medal of some sort if you do figure it out though, so keep us updated on any progress you make.

I haven't played DFBHD with music on in years. When I saw a post someone made about Team Sabre vehicles being silent, that's when I realized the music kept me from noticing a lot of missing and glitchy sounds in the game (The 1.5.0.5 update actually has a corrupted dfvgame.lwf; one of the major points I repaired in my mods). Since then, I've had the music volume turned down to 0.

My advice, for what it's worth is to not worry overmuch about music in-game, work on effective sound marker deployment instead.

I once made a test map with nothing but a bunker on a beach and dozens of sound markers... ocean sounds, seagulls, wave laps, and wind gusts. Unbelievably immersive effect for an essentially empty map.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:26 PM
ismi4 is offline ismi4

Thank you. You helped me very much.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:32 AM
ismi4 is offline ismi4

I reached the maximum in player waypoints (32). Is there any way to have more waypoints for player in missions?
Old 01-16-2016, 09:17 AM

Set up a new waypoint list and redirect the vehicles to it when necessary.

Oh wait. I misread the question, sorry.

No, the player gets a maximum of 32 visible waypoints. But in all honestly, if you really think a DFBHD player needs that many waypoints, then I think Call of Duty may have spoiled you.

Remember the campaign mission "Besieged"? Did you REALLY need every one of the waypoints that led to the roof of the target building? I think the mapper was just goofing around with waypoints in that map.

My opinion: I think it's best to lay down player waypoints so they give an approximate point of reference, add a clear mission subgoal, and let the player figure out the details on site. And ALWAYS keep in mind that the player will almost always choose a different approach to a target than a mapper intended, and a good mapper will anticipate and account for those alternate routes.

Also: if any of the waypoints show up named "null" on the HUD, then you screwed up.

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 01-16-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismi4 View Post
I reached the maximum in player waypoints (32). Is there any way to have more waypoints for player in missions?
Just a suggestion, I haven't tried it but -

What if more than one waypoint is set up as a player waypoint, then try redirecting the player from one waypoint to another as they run out of markers?

May have to set the redirect of the player to initialize at the start of the map...?
Old 01-16-2016, 01:14 PM
ismi4 is offline ismi4

No, it does not work. But, like EE said, it's better to player explore the field. I'm finishing my mission with not too many waypoints.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:22 AM
dariushbabri is offline dariushbabri

When I redirect a vehicle to the waypoint, vehicle start circling and not following given waypoint. I set a music in a dialog (.dbf) and it normaly works. But when I die and load the saved mission there is no music. How can I fix this problems?
Thanks.