Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 09-30-2003, 05:23 PM
Genocidal~V*D~ is offline Genocidal~V*D~

Send a message via AIM to Genocidal~V*D~
so is this just a bhd thing?,and it only affects you if you play their games and not public?

i personally dont like the fact novas doin this cause they make guys like me feel like a criminal even tho ive bought all their games since it came out...

and who really reads the agreements on games( ya should tho obviously )

if you ask me its like a car maker saying ,well we want you to use gm parts only on your truck and if you dont we will come and take it,to me it sounds ridiculous.

look at how easo does their online gaming,if you have a burn well ya cant get online to play head to head and their not reading hd's either so nova should reconsider this idea...

Old 10-01-2003, 10:12 PM
*I*Rþ55rªÞ‡™ is offline *I*Rþ55rªÞ‡™

do you get banned for playin public games or for novaworld games?
Old 10-02-2003, 03:25 AM
TO*FAST is offline TO*FAST

Send a message via ICQ to TO*FAST Send a message via AIM to TO*FAST Send a message via Yahoo to TO*FAST
NO CD patch

IAM Lost Here WHY would nova post dont use a no cd patch on a web pag that let's you download it to use and why is this
so bad keep your Cd rom running good and help,s your pc run better and keep your cd nice as long as you own it this is not using a cheat or a trainner of any kind why would Nova want my pc to run slower and most of you use them and will keep using them So why are you all saying nothing becuse Nova Post you all not tolking out is why this game will never end with the cheater and update the little add on like remote
host the name thing xp maps and all the little thing you can download make the game that much better that why we play
the game to see who can make a better map or make hosting fun and knowing something new will be add to game
Nova dose not own you you own them with you all they would
not be here think about it

finger3
Old 10-02-2003, 07:40 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TO*FAST Send a message via AIM to TO*FAST Send a message via Yahoo to TO*FAST
No cd exe

nova can try to stop the no cd patch but do you think
they can I dont. they update game form trainner someone
always has a new trainner with in 24 hr's of the update and you dont think someone going to fine away around nova
most of the exe. are made with in 24 hr of the update
I THINK THE HACKER'S SHOULD MAKE A GAME I WOULD PAID
FOR IT AND THEY KNOW WHAT WE WANT and who better
to stop a cheater but a hacker I also think nova should be thanking
the hacker for making it a better game iam talking about the one who made names look nice your hosting tools your remote hosting and with that paid for them for time they put into it and then ask them how to stop the trainner and other
cheat's think about it the usa as hecker working for them becuse they cant stop them why would anyone think nova can stop them they just like playing with nova some hacker setting down thinking to his or her self i will be the one to hack this and Nova ask for it and i hope they do intill
then it time to use the cd all
Old 10-02-2003, 09:48 AM
wigster187KIA
Unregistered

does that mean all downloads that dont come from nova are illegal ?
Old 10-02-2003, 01:10 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Re: No cd exe

Quote:
Originally posted by TO*FAST
nova can try to stop the no cd patch but do you think
they can I dont. they update game form trainner someone
always has a new trainner with in 24 hr's of the update and you dont think someone going to fine away around nova
most of the exe. are made with in 24 hr of the update
I THINK THE HACKER'S SHOULD MAKE A GAME I WOULD PAID
FOR IT AND THEY KNOW WHAT WE WANT and who better
to stop a cheater but a hacker I also think nova should be thanking
the hacker for making it a better game iam talking about the one who made names look nice your hosting tools your remote hosting and with that paid for them for time they put into it and then ask them how to stop the trainner and other
cheat's think about it the usa as hecker working for them becuse they cant stop them why would anyone think nova can stop them they just like playing with nova some hacker setting down thinking to his or her self i will be the one to hack this and Nova ask for it and i hope they do intill
then it time to use the cd all

the cd check nova does is not a patch, it simply check to see if the .exe has been altered in any way.

if it is altered then your acocunt is suspened.

it is easy to make a work around for a patch, but there isn't one!

in the end i have paid for the game and i have the cd, i can play the game, i dont care.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Quote:
Originally posted by wigster187KIA
does that mean all downloads that dont come from nova are illegal ?

i believe only the ones that have chnaged nova's original code, such as no-cd cracks / master addon / trainers / unlocked MED. i would think name hexers / server managers etc are ok. i dont have hte extract from Novas EULA so i cannot check and be 100% accurate right now
Old 10-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
man it lakes 2sec to open the tray slide into it the Cd and use it. after put it into a case. then put into a safe place.

use the patch in other area's of the game not in NW server you see it says it loading up and config its at this point it is checking.

so stay out of NW if you going to use it or get Banned.

sorry guys thay do have the last word like any host they can ban anyone they like, they gose by the rules.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 10-02-2003, 11:10 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
To the bloke who said that its not legal to scan computers in his country.
The problem with internet law is that it depends very much on the location of perpertrator versus accessed server.
Legaly it may well be that in your country this practise is not on but as the perpertrators are based in another country and as you connect ot their servers, probably in another country there is nothing you can do about it.
They wont be able to press charges against you if they find something wrong on your PC pertaining to the EULA, but you wont be able to charge them with any breach of your countrys laws because they are not in your country and niether is their product to which this debate pertains.

Seems a bit thick though. I mean. You have to register your CD Key to get in them servers anyhow so it wont help in cracking down on on pirate software by any significant amount.

Its another case of Nova getting arsey at the people who are (probably) legitiamate NL fans.

Old 10-02-2003, 11:11 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Its 5am BTW so excuse my spelling please

Old 10-04-2003, 04:29 AM

eek how about lan sever

Hay why put up with nova anymore why not lan sever we can keep out the cheaters at the same make them stat sever
then set up squad matchs and make some player that have been around long time watch over it and we can vote on the one's to do this all we need is sever i would be willing to
and iam sure alot of other would to with that give the sever rules to keep with and if they dont stop using then to host
maybe all will like this but if u dont its still away around NOVA
not sure who will like it other games paid for someone to host that would be a way to

ps just trying to help here and keep the game the way player wants it we paid for we should play it the way we want to
Old 10-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Chief ADFP

will they started to push the stats rule now on DFLW. i bit they be doing same with No-Cd patch it, think stats padding started in DFBHD and now DFLW has it. main home page has a new face left done to it too. mainly "Hall Of Shame" been added to the main page use to be in top player you had to look for it. a link to their store and www.novaworld.com new home community home page been added to it. the port setting also been change you can tell by getting a error param (1003) you see this disable your firewall.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:00 AM
MeltdowN*SAW* is offline MeltdowN*SAW*

Send a message via ICQ to MeltdowN*SAW*
i could care less

i bought BHD legally

and never played stats, don't care to really...
Old 10-05-2003, 06:49 PM
BOVA is offline BOVA

I have bought and paid for all of my novalogic games. I am the ownwer of the original copy of every novalogic game I own. Which are DF2, DFLW, DFTFD, BHD. I use the no cd patch to keep wear and tear off of my CD's, and it is much more convenient. It is simply my preferance as each persons is differant. I have never used a warez copy or image copy of any game I own and I wouldn't. I am the sole owner to each cd key of evry game I own by novalogic. I also registered all my games when installing them.
I do not and have no interest in playing on stat servers of any kind. I am a COOP player. As far as the no cd patch? I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT ALOT and I am going to keep using it, because I only play public and consumer hosted password games. Ty Ty very much.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:28 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by StevieB / Panic*PR*
if u break the EULA that u agreed to when u installed the game, it is only your own fault.
this all so gose for DF:LW, And soon DFTFD to they already added to DFLW the ruling to it. soo all the account type games will have it.

ref; account if you use your game Cd-key code to make a account to log-in, it counts.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Supertex is offline Supertex

Send a message via AIM to Supertex
Quote:
Originally posted by BOVA
I have bought and paid for all of my novalogic games. I am the ownwer of the original copy of every novalogic game I own. Which are DF2, DFLW, DFTFD, BHD. I use the no cd patch to keep wear and tear off of my CD's, and it is much more convenient. It is simply my preferance as each persons is differant. I have never used a warez copy or image copy of any game I own and I wouldn't. I am the sole owner to each cd key of evry game I own by novalogic. I also registered all my games when installing them.
I do not and have no interest in playing on stat servers of any kind. I am a COOP player. As far as the no cd patch? I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT ALOT and I am going to keep using it, because I only play public and consumer hosted password games. Ty Ty very much.
I'm with you dude. I got it, I like it, I own all of the originals, and I like to keep em in the case....plain and simple. I will never stop using the no-cd, as long as they exist. If Nova wanted to replace damaged CD's for free (since they retain "ownership", then maybe I would THINK about CONSIDERING not using the no-cd. But last time I checked...
Old 10-15-2003, 02:18 PM
Supertex is offline Supertex

Send a message via AIM to Supertex
would SOMBODY enable HTML for my account?!!?!??
Old 10-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Chief ADFP

would SOMBODY enable HTML for my account?!!?!??

http://www.fx-cqb.com/images/Sigs/tex.gif " USEMAP="#texnewsig" BORDER=0>

Our Website
Our Forums

here hope it works only if there is a block on it will not work:
(sorry not to clear what link you need it to go to:
1.)

[*URL=http://www.fx-cqb.com][*img]http://www.fx-cqb.com/images/Sigs/tex.gif[/*img][/*URL]
2.)
[*URL=http://pub10.ezboard.com/bforcexforums][*img]http://www.fx-cqb.com/images/Sigs/tex.gif[/*img][/*URL]
[b]Remove4 the " * " from the line it will work in you sig box. copy and past it in you have it.

Webdesign

P.s think they are (NovaWorld will be checking all of DF: LW,TFD,BHD, new games Join Option and so on for the EXE.
best rename the No-Cd Patch use it only out side NovaWorld Server public and password area's should be safe to use, But on the other handle they may change that and limited to log-in's. so if you don't log-in you can't play online can't tell what they do next?
Old 10-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Chief ADFP

you can also copy the .exe past it on desktop, and then use the patch put it ( Game folder) after rename it, then put the real .exe into your game folder that you made a copy of.

1.) make a copy of the real .exe .
2.) past it onto desktop.
3.) place the No-Cd patch into your game folder.
4.) rename it (sample dfbhd2.exe)
5.) now the copy one you past on desktop, put it into your came folder.
6.) make a shortcut to the no-cd patch to desktop or put the shortcut any place you like.

thats it. use the real .exe to play in NovaWorld server, and the patched .exe outside of novaworld server. sample public area and password area's only.

Area's not to use the No-Cd patch are: NovaWorld Servers & Tourmament are's (for some game thats have it listed up) NW Montor's these game area's
Old 10-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Sgt HunteR is offline Sgt HunteR

Send a message via ICQ to Sgt HunteR
Why should i be careful...the game is **** anyway...instead of making it beter they make it worse. Im never going to play NovaLogic games anymore. HlafLife 2 RULEZ!!

| -===War is sweet to those who've never experienced it===- |