Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 06-10-2004, 02:21 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

cant upgrade this PC (its HP)
Old 06-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Quote:
Originally posted by ux*bb
cant upgrade this PC (its HP)
Oh! that is a real bummer....
Old 06-10-2004, 04:53 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by Sal UK
Oh! that is a real bummer....
amen lol
Old 06-10-2004, 06:48 PM
fUnc is offline fUnc

Send a message via ICQ to fUnc
whats it matter they ruined the game. doom3 is scheduled to come out the same time id rather just buy it. at least the beta was fun. now we got xhair spread, so we have to run around with 90 field of vision or less, or spray and pray without a scope. oh and now ppl are practically invisible, esp at distances. its a game made for the noobs who cant move and shoot and have to stand still or prone in the grass for 10 min waiting on someone to pass by. and before anyone flames me on it being realistic, this is called a fps war game not a military simulator, im looking for fun and realism in a game not camping a spot for the whole 55 min. of a map.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Quote:
Originally posted by fUnc
whats it matter they ruined the game. doom3 is scheduled to come out the same time id rather just buy it. at least the beta was fun. now we got xhair spread, so we have to run around with 90 field of vision or less, or spray and pray without a scope. oh and now ppl are practically invisible, esp at distances. its a game made for the noobs who cant move and shoot and have to stand still or prone in the grass for 10 min waiting on someone to pass by. and before anyone flames me on it being realistic, this is called a fps war game not a military simulator, im looking for fun and realism in a game not camping a spot for the whole 55 min. of a map.
On the Bold text you contradict yourself from the start of the post, Doom 3 And you say you want a game with realism and you say you dont want a Millitary Simulator....

Doom 3 = Ultimately Unrealistic.

Millitary Simulator = Realistic.

Old 06-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Revolution is offline Revolution

Send a message via ICQ to Revolution Send a message via AIM to Revolution
Quote:
Originally posted by fUnc
now we got xhair spread, so we have to run around with 90 field of vision or less, or spray and pray without a scope.
meh.. you can turn xhair spread off in the options

Quote:
Originally posted by SMITIE
where can i get MS paint?
Old 06-11-2004, 02:35 AM
fUnc is offline fUnc

i didnt contradict myself, i like realism games but i dont want to play a stupid simulator. i play more than one type of game i stated that if i was gonna spend 40 bucks id rather buy doom3 which will be a much better game. and turning crosshair spread off in options doesnt stop the bullets from spreading. in the beta they didnt go all over the damn screen without a scope and how do i know this? i had tracers. now unless they are completely in the open you have to use a scope before you could still shoot at their hills or whatnot and actually have the bullets hit there instead of down the damn mountain and hitting birds. and now its just a campers game cause you cant see anything anywhere unlike the beta demo where you could still see ppl farely well enough so that you had a chance even if they saw you first. all they did was gay it up. it nothign more than a tedious hide and go seek game now. nova just like screwing good stuff up they do it in every damn game they make. from worse graphics in df2 than df1 to screwing m4s in lw and on and on. they keep making the game more noob friendly so that ppl that like to stand still or lay in the grass for 30 min. get rewarded woooo what fun. im gonna prone right here and blend in so good that the pixel muzzle flash i give off isnt viewable from 150m. what fun.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:40 AM
fUnc is offline fUnc

i have played every nova game since df1 and i have enjoyed them all. i didnt play much bhd because i quit gaming for awhile, but it was better than this junk. so im not some retard that doesnt know what im talking about, im just a retard who wants the damn game to be fun again for everyone who played the original df games, not some suck ass battlefield players who cant shoot running so they jump in vehicles or camp out for hours and you have no chance of seeing them unless your just lucky enough to be near them.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:31 AM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

squeek !

If you want to run around like a headless chicken spraying and praying, go and play Quake Arena or CS.

It must take a lot of skill and effort to empty half a clip at someone 50M away.

I'm getting sick to death of people whining about snipers. (yes I'm a sniper)

If you are being sniped, try to use your brain and locate them.
It's not hard to do.

First of all there will be a yellow area indicated on your navigation dial, showing the general area the sniper is shooting from.

Secondly if you use your ears (Usually found on each side of your head) You will be able to narrow down the area to search and get an idea of distance.

Thirdly look for there muzzle flash.

Not exactly brain surgery is it ?

If you don't want to get shot by a sniper don't run in straight lines. Don't stand still. Don't go to the same places on a map all the time.

I enjoy sniping.

I enjoy finding possible targets.
I enjoy estimating there distance.
I enjoy trying to predict a targets movement.
I enjoy estimating lead time for distance and lag.
I enjoy trying to aim for a head shot.
I enjoy trying to kill with 1 shot.

I really enjoy it when I actually succeed.
It's a pity there is no wind effect like df2.

If you think snipers have a big advantage think again.
They carry less ammo.
They have relatively slow firing weapons.
They are usually prone or crouched stationary targets
They have restricted vision when using a scope.
They spend allot of time trying to find good sniping positions and avoiding cqb .

Gunners have weapons which can penetrate buildings, can fire a large amount of ammo over large distances. (great for spray and prayers)

Medics get points just for pressing a button as they run over a dead body.
They are also the fastest running character. Lost count of the number of medics I've seen, not medding but just running around knifing.

Engineers don't even need to see the enemy to kill and get points. All they need is someone to designate a target for them to shell.

Riflemen can do almost everything.
Snipe up to 500M
Grenade.
Spray and pray.
Designate targets.
Run reasonably fast.

Quit whining and learn how to play the game.

Old 06-11-2004, 01:19 PM
fUnc is offline fUnc

why dont you try reading my post before you say something. in their i said in non tracer servers that stupid yellow crap on the radar isnt there. which means you have to go on ears alone, and muzzle flashes are so small from a distance they are virtually unnoticable unless they shoot a huge amount of bullets. i know how to play the game im not getting raped i do well everymap, the point is they turned a good series into camping crap. and laying prone shooting a m4 takes half a clip the same as running and gunning does. you havent played many df games have you? its not praying if you have the ability to keep the xhairs on a target, which is impossible now cause of the huge amount of spread unless they are within 50-100m. the fact that ppl blend in makes it hard enough to go by ears alone unless you are reasonably close, which makes this game nothing more than hide and seek.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:59 PM

squeek !

I did read your post and you didn't mention non tracer servers.
I think you are referring to this previous post LINK

I have played all DF games.

Spent most of my time in Df1 running flags.
Df2 was my favourite.
LW and TFG were crap. (too much nadeing)
BHD is OK.

JO looks promising if they can sort out some of the glitches and reduce lag.

There is a wide choice of ways to play JO.
Not everyone wants to run around shooting at anything that moves.

Old 06-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Revolution is offline Revolution

Send a message via ICQ to Revolution Send a message via AIM to Revolution
Re: squeek !

Quote:
Originally posted by ~MOUSE~
reduce lag.

in my opinion, the lag won't go down. In the beta demo, I could play it a little with screen lag, in the official demo.. I cant play it at all. So the lag might get a little more worse.

Quote:
Originally posted by SMITIE
where can i get MS paint?
Old 06-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i hear they are making another update for the gfx fps. gee that had i right the first time only now they have to fix it again.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-11-2004, 10:18 PM

squeek !

Probably all the trees and grass stressing out display cards.

I have water and shadows set to low and all the rest set to normal.
My FPS tends to be between 30-45.

Unfortunately I have noticed some intermittent screen flicker. (only occurs in this game)

Some of the hills have a glitch.
If you are prone looking over the edge of a hill and can see a target e.g. a bunker.
If you look though your scope, the hill blocks off half of the view. If you remove the scope you can see all of the bunker again.
Binoculars don't seem to be effected.

Old 06-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter

you can click-on the punkbuster logo below
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-14-2004, 04:45 PM
fUnc is offline fUnc

i knew i mentioned it somewhere. and not all run and gun is spraying. you can spray just as much laying prone as not. what im trying to get across is now they are rewarding not the ppl who can aim but the ppl who can wait the longest. so what if i can aim better than the guy laying prone in the grass since by the time i find him he's done shot 2 clips at me. and i like sniping too, its one of my favorite things but now its the same way. i enjoyed playing like all the other good snipers by just stopping and shooting, but now the damn scope comes up so slow its pretty hard to hit any other sniper first unless they just blow at it. at least in the demo you could shoot no scope and kill them if they werent fast. before you say its still possible to stop and shoot, yes it is. but the fact is if the other sniper is anywhere near decent he wont miss when it takes that 1 or more seconds for your scope to come up. i always thought in fps games realistic or not you get rewarded on how good and fast your reflexes and aim are. but they are slowly listening to the damn noob stat server players and making it easier for ppl who arent very good to be average or better. im not the only old df player that feels this way, either. all they are doing is trying to stop ppl from raping, by adding all this extra crap that adds more luck to hit and takes away skill, such as adding the xhair spread, the left and right recoil, multiple spawn points, slower scope times you name it. the beta was a good mix for both players, if you liked to run and could aim then you could. now you still can but you have 60 fov instead of the 90 you would have, which is just another penalty.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:48 AM
Carlito is offline Carlito

Indeed, do not like the demo either..