Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-12-2005, 01:24 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Find a RN position for Zzzz in US

Ok people start looking and find Mr. Zzzz a great paying RN job.

BTW Zzz, what's your area of expertise?

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 03-13-2005, 04:51 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Well he was once the champion custard pie thrower of old London town and part time stoat stranlger 2nd class!!!!

Regards
Old 03-14-2005, 12:32 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
I am an acute medical assessment nurse.

The wages in the US are actualy about comparable to UK rates.

I earn basic pay, about $42k
After Taxes etc I take home about $2700 a month with my extras for doing nights and weekends.

Working in the US though would mean I have to go back to school and learn stuff again. You can't register unless you can pass the US exams.
The main reason for taking up a job in the US as a nurse would simply be the much lower cost of living.

For example we pay well over $6 a gallon of gas here in the UK and my house has one room downstairs which is my kitchen and living room with two smll bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs.
The price of this house when I bought it was $83500. I understand that I could get a whole lot more for that money in America.

However I don't want to be a nurse at all. The job is dull, tough and the legal responsibility you take on does not match the price you are paid to take it.
In the US, where law suits can break a family if you do something wrong, the benefits do not outweigh the fundamental reasons why I don't like what I do.

Did you know in the UK that if a Doctor prescribes something wrong, a pharmacist dispenses it and you as a nurse on less than a quarter of what those two people earn between them then goes on to give it to a patient who then becomes unwell, that the Doctor would be frowned at, the pharmacist told off by his boss and the Nurse would likley be sacked?
In the US you might be sacked and then spend the rest of your life paying off the damage claims.
Unless of course you had spent your career putting what little money you have into an insurance company on the offchance your life goes down the pan for simply being human.

If I do stay nursing and I decide to travel to do it I would probably choose to work in Australia.
However I do not plan to be a nurse for much longer at all.

My current plan is to sell my house (should make about $35k profit from it) and travel. First to the US. I want to walk the Mississippi and then over to Oz. I am going to spend a year thinking about what I really want to do.

Cheers for the offer DD but I don't really think that answer will be nursing.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:34 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
And BD, if I did train in custard pie throwing (which I haven't yet) I would NOT be doing it down south!

Old 03-14-2005, 02:09 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

you ever considered getting ino clinical trials zz? Your Nursing Qualifications are in alot of jobs prerequisites anyway and the money can be much better. SOmeone mum knows earns AUD $130,000 a year as a trials monitor for a drug company, their job is to travel the country and make surethe people are runing the trials right....
Old 03-14-2005, 03:24 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

RE: Custard Pies, point taken and many apologies lol!!!!

If you do tkae off for far away places ZZA what about keeping an online diary which we could follow as you progress on your journey, might seem a daft idea but it might be interesting?

Warm Regards mate!!!!

Old 03-14-2005, 09:22 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
RE: Custard Pies, point taken and many apologies lol!!!!

If you do tkae off for far away places ZZA what about keeping an online diary which we could follow as you progress on your journey, might seem a daft idea but it might be interesting?

Warm Regards mate!!!!

Great idea! But I think he won't access to the Net. Of course he can send a post card to Steve and he can post them on a site, "Zzzz goes around the world!"

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 03-14-2005, 12:03 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Our house is 4 bedroom 2 bath for $120,000 and it is kinda old most others around here with the same stuff that are new cost like $150,000

We got the house for like $47,000 but values went up.