Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Mark90997 is offline Mark90997

Biggrin Sigurd Anti-cheat Software Infomation

What is Sigurd ACP?
Sigurd is a new anti-cheat program for Delta Force: Black Hawk Down & Team Sabre (1.5.0)

Who is making Sigurd ACP?
Sigurd has staff/programmers from the Argus project but more importantly we also have a few new programmers in the team who will be updating the software on a daily/weekly or monthly basis.

The team: MadMax (Owner/Project Manager), Rolfie (Development Manager), Kraken (Lead Coder), DarkAlbert (Coder), Binarycrash (Coder), Baf_Buffy (Coder), Mrguide (Coder)

I wont list all of the team because it’s a VERY long list of staff/testers but its safe to say we will keep this software updated!

Why is it being made?
We are making Sigurd to replace the old/outdated Argus software which is sadly no longer developed.

When’s it being released?
Sigurd is about 80% completed already! We have functioning client/server software and are still getting out bugs etc. Our estimated release date is this month (May 2007) or as soon after.

How will this affect me?
This can/will affect normal players on public servers in many ways. Because Sigurd only servers will require you to have the client version installed without this you would simply be disconnected/kicked however it’s up to server admin’s if they want to make it Sigurd only if not you should be ok to play without it installed.

How will it work?
I cant/wont go into great detail on this (for security reasons) but will be also implementing a global ban system (like punk buster) into this software… server admin’s can locally ban players from there servers as well as request global bans from all Sigurd servers (you will need a screenshot to do this) Sigurd only servers will be able to get screenshots of players processes/game with a simple click of a button! This is a great feature because admin’s are always in the know and can see exactly what is running and if it interacts with the clients game or not.
I must also add hosting companies can manage multiple servers with one Sigurd manager and protect a server from cheats with a few clicks!

How will you support this?
We will have a bug tracking system in place (bugzilla), you will also be able to post in a support section on the forum. Support requests response times on the forums/bug system may vary but normally within a few hours.

We will also have an auto update feature in the program.

Associates/Partnerships
Sigurd has teamed up with thecheatpolice.com they are more associated with Punk buster but are helping out where they can. There site is www.thecheatpolice.com

Sigurd also has a partnership with NetGaming TV (NGTV) in France we will be giving them exclusive interviews/screenshots and news on the project. You can find there site @ www.netgaming.tv

Other companies are welcome to contact me via our website.

Our site: www.sigurd-acp.org (still being built head to the forums instead!)
Our forums: www.sigurd-acp.org/forums/

Please direct all questions to our forums do not PM me via any other site except the Sigurd one or you won’t receive a response.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
sounds good, can it be developed to work for other games to?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
sounds good, can it be developed to work for other games to?
Its possible but for now we are focusing on BHD and want to get a stable version out for that
Old 05-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

coolio, best of luck busting cheater azz
Old 05-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will it work with all types of mods for (DFBHD-Family mods)
game 3rd party mods?

and do all need to stay out of Novaworld servers do to it may ban players using it? asking were the players should disable it?
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 05-20-2007, 05:36 PM

@ Steve could you change my login name to madmax ? or prmadmax.

@ Chied ADFP
Our main focus is standard BHD however once that is completed then we will focus on all Mods out there for the game.

Also in agreement with NWMOD10 they will NOT be banning users for using this software.
one of our members of staff spoke with nwmod10 and this has been confirmed by novaworld.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

looks like you are already registered with that name: http://www.novahq.net/forum/member.p...rid=1073749192
Old 05-20-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
looks like you are already registered with that name: http://www.novahq.net/forum/member.p...rid=1073749192
i PM you.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:09 PM
tail_gunner is offline tail_gunner

bought time, some1 does somthing about the cheaters, just hopfully it doesnt lag down your system or connection

Twins, i asked 1, she said no so i asked her sister... And the siter said yes.. HAHA revenge!

and the rest.. well thats a mature story, but in the end i had both of them...
Old 05-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark90997
@ Steve could you change my login name to madmax ? or prmadmax.

@ Chied ADFP
Our main focus is standard BHD however once that is completed then we will focus on all Mods out there for the game.

Also in agreement with NWMOD10 they will NOT be banning users for using this software.
one of our members of staff spoke with nwmod10 and this has been confirmed by novaworld.
So does this mean you can log into NW with Sigurd... or you can go into NW servers with this?

BTW, good job on this. Unlike the developers of ORB, who are as tight-lipped as Nova...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 05-21-2007, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
So does this mean you can log into NW with Sigurd... or you can go into NW servers with this?

BTW, good job on this. Unlike the developers of ORB, who are as tight-lipped as Nova...

Chris
Orb developers have NDA's signed with novalogic so only novalogic can really announce anything for them aswell as disclose info.

You should be able to login/play with Sigurd yes.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:24 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
good to see !