Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 10-16-2004, 02:22 AM
Tobius369 is offline Tobius369

Send a message via ICQ to Tobius369
Ram Loss

Has anyone had a problem with loss of RAM while playing Joint Ops. I have a P4 3 gig Prescott, NVIDIA FX 5900TX 128 Ram and Intel board. While playing Joint Ops my 1 gig drops down to 70 Megs of RAM. If anyone can give me some input that would be great.

Tobius=Spec.Ops=
Old 10-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
Well, i have 512 MB of ram, and if you look at my computer specs below, it is a pretty powerful machine. Even with a powerful computer like mine, Joint Ops freezes for like 30 secondes after joining the game. I'm guessing 70 MB of ram is what you have free while using Joint Ops. This is odd, but maybe you have something running in the backround that eats up your ram...?
Old 10-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
you all could be playing the game and a program come on line and take up the ram it take away from the ram the game needs.

if you running Windows Xp family hit "Ctri + Delete + Alt" lookup see what is taken all the ram away.

items will be listed under "Processes" tap down the bottom you see how much is free "Mem Usage" upper right.

another way get around this is:
"My computer" right click-on it click-on "Properties" next go to "Advance" look up "Performance" click-on [Setting] up top you see "Advanced" tap click-on it down the bottom listed as "Virtual memory" click-on [change] now you see "custom size" change it (512) min-2mb Max-1400 press [Set] after click-on ok you may have to restart you system this is normal go on ahead reboot you system. you can max-2048 but system may slow down some what.

this way if you run out of Ram or run low on ram it will use the Hard driver as if it it is ram. cheapman ram.

all programs use the ram best way get round it is use the HHD for what may take more ram up.

basic what this does is when you run out of ram, system start to use HHD and start to use it as Ram, other wise you may get warning message like you run low or run out of ram, this is a good way to get around this. other wise you buy more ram cards by upgrading the system. bigger is better some says.

Ram 512.mb when system run pass this point it start to use HHD as ram you can set the breaking point by making it use more of the HHD for this.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-16-2004 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
I used to try and run BHD on 128 megs of ram -- i know, it's pretty shocking but i cranked up my virtual memory siz to like 1 GB, and it didn't help anything. It is a good idea to have alot of Memory space on your Hard Drive, but this wonn't actually help the performance of your computer.

Last edited by Cody 7; 10-18-2004 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:20 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will i have 256md ram it done no then like that never got a message all i can say try to do a clean boot-up and delete everything in your "Cache" folder and empty out your INTERNET temp folder this will all so clear more ram up to use, some times temp items will stay active and some case use ram too.

up top click-on Tool>Internet option>Under "general" Tap> Temporary Internet files>Delete Files click-on it.

Optional only now you are here you can set the temp-folder size if you like save space> click-on settings> you can make it 80mb be ok. make system run better and save some ram too.

bad thing if you do this it will delete cookies too, so back them up first:
1.) click-on file (up top)
2.) Look up "import and export"
3.) now click-on next see export-cookies highlight it, now click-on "next" now pick were you like to save all them cookies to [browse..] this will save all your cookies account into to site you like to go to.

after you delete the temp files reload cookies back in:
now your finish Import the cookies in same way you save them use the import option and point it to were you save the cookies to. when it see them cookies it reload them back in.

there is a good place to have check out your system and how to make it better working order www.pcpitstop.com i go there like every 6mo or so. they have help me make my system run better. give them a try it free service and really good.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-18-2004 at 11:34 PM.