Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:10 PM
RS-Sniperman is offline RS-Sniperman

Rename Map

Hey just wanted to hear if some of you knows hpw i can renampe a map i got from and friend and then use it in my server i have tried to convert it from .bms to .mis and then open it in editor and then save it as another game but my server wont see it when its done

hope you can help cause you are the experts
Old 11-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
you lost me

the last part got me totally lost?

then save it as another game but my server wont see it when its done

think you mean game type TDM, KOTH, FB, TKOTH....ect

double check see if you save it (map type) for the game selection you going to host for

the map you may have save it for Flagball and hosting Team Death match type will never show up. check see what map type you save it as

DFBHD map editor>open it>lookup top see> edit click-on it in the listing see "general information" click-on it> see below image

some map makers have made maps for use of more ways then one. sample a map is set for TKOTH & team Flagball too. i done it long all go. what ever you made the map for you can select it to use more then one ways as long you add-in the item tobe use for it..
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-15-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
He probably means another map.

A map you got from a friend? Couldn't you ask him/her for the .mis instead of converting it?

Anyways, when you converted it, did you go to "Edit" > "General Information"? You change the map name there. Then you go to "File" > "Save and Export"...

Or if you wanna save it as another file, "Save As" first, then "Save and Export"...
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-15-2008, 01:16 AM
Chief ADFP

all so if you leave it blank no map type selected you can play the map as single player map type SP-Mission type! great way to test maps without have to host it to test a map out to see bad spots to fix in it, like a wall you like to line them up more then one so they are all line up to each other same for building and other things
Old 11-15-2008, 11:02 AM
RS-Sniperman is offline RS-Sniperman

maybe i need some other programs to edit maps with can you tell me the name of some and maybe where i can download it
Old 11-15-2008, 11:24 AM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
the mission editor is the only map editor for BHD. They explained above how to rename the maps
Old 11-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Chief ADFP

you can find many item to try out

1.) NHQ Link: http://www.novahq.net/?show=utilitie...ew_files&id=10
2.) DFB link: http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/...ction=dc&cid=9'

there is a lot of item to use some are better then others, there even add-in item to make map making better and fun to do
Old 11-16-2008, 11:52 AM

Oh, and we've told you exactly what you've asked in your original post, so if you're still puzzled, maybe you can try ask that same question more clearly...
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 11-17-2008, 01:37 AM
peregrine falcon is offline peregrine falcon

If you have converted map to MIS and your main objective is to change maptype(not rename). If you have selected desired game type and made sure right spawn types are inserted, save and export map but, the map doesn't show up.

Make sure when you opened map through BMS to MIS converter the new MIS was saved in your BHD folder and when saved and exported it was saved and exported in the BHD folder

If you changed name the map name and it don't show in server menu.

If map is named in general information window that name will show up in server menu and not the file name
Old 11-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Chief ADFP

RS-Sniperman

e-mail me the MIS map to me! i see were you coming from then, as long its not a moded map type i can look it over and see were you coming from then ok

E-Mail: chiefadfp(at)novahq(dot)net

replace item (at) with @ same for (dot) with .

don't try to use the forum to send the attachment to me! it don't have the option to attach item to send out to others, must use a e-mail service site or a e-mail software program like outlook express, outlook.......website e-mail service send attachments

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-17-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
actually william, you can post attachments here - though it won't go straight to you - depending on how the permissions are setup, every one would be able to download it.

At least I have option to attach a file...
Old 11-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
50k limit on attachments iirc :/
Old 11-17-2008, 11:52 AM

Maybe you overwritten the existing map?

Okay, convert the .bms to .mis > change the gametype > rename the map name in General Info > then go File > Save As > and give it another name. Then save it > then save and export.

When hosting, check in the list of that particular gametype (e.g. map was TKOTH, look in TKOTH list).
Old 11-17-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
50k limit on attachments iirc :/

The reply page says it is 524288 bytes which is big enough to attach most maps, especially as they would have to zip them up first.

lol I was just refuting the statement that the forum doesn't provide a means to attach files .
Old 11-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by icishoot
actually william, you can post attachments here - though it won't go straight to you - depending on how the permissions are setup, every one would be able to download it.

At least I have option to attach a file...
will maybe a map maker some don't like to share MIS with the world so it is a option were i would not post it up so other do with it as they please

i can get attachments in @novahq.net e-mail account there is a trick to it but works for me

one have to use other then the forum to send e-mails with! (can't attach files to e-mail send out) have to use like Outlook or through a site to send e-mails to other with attachment in them.

best send its inside a zip-file file to me, i like them better inside a zip-file attachment is all

e-mail: chiefadfp(at)novahq(dot)net

Last edited by Hellfighter; 11-17-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:32 PM

thats fine lol. Email would be a better way to handle it. I was just correcting the statement about not being able to post attachments in the forums here.