Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-01-2003, 10:07 PM
Brokenfixed is offline Brokenfixed

RollEyes virtual CD help

I use virtual CD to save my game disks. This is for games i own legaly. Ive made my virtual copy of BHD and it appears to be fine. However it will only install the game.. and when i come to playing it wont even load. The virtual drive works with oter games such as Battlefield 1942. Just wondering if anyone knows of any compatablity issues with virtual cd v5.0 and BHD?? other wise i'll just make a back up of the cd and hope for the best and continue playing the original cd!

any feed back apprciated.... FORUM NOOB!!
Old 06-01-2003, 11:19 PM
.past. is offline .past.

Send a message via ICQ to .past. Send a message via AIM to .past. Send a message via Yahoo to .past.
well I don't know about the virtual thingy majig but you won't be able to make a copy of the game on CD. I know that because most games nowadays have a block on them and it will let you burn it but you don't get all the stuff you need to play. I have tried this and It hasnt worked.. Well it might work with you but I haven'yt had any luck

**dfhq SOTW #20
Old 06-01-2003, 11:36 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Yea think there was something they was talk about on the news’s about ripping copies of Cd, people making copy of the Cd's and they added in a item so not all the data can be copy mostly your Cd writer only copy what it know to be there if it don't know what it is then it will not able to copy it fully sorry you still not get any error reported only it will not work right.
{ had to fix it mis-type }
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 06-01-2003 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:54 PM
staffy bull is offline staffy bull

you could always use the no cd patch that way your cd can stay in it`s case on the shelf
Old 06-02-2003, 12:18 AM
.past. is offline .past.

Send a message via ICQ to .past. Send a message via AIM to .past. Send a message via Yahoo to .past.
Quote:
Originally posted by staffy bull
you could always use the no cd patch that way your cd can stay in it`s case on the shelf
I second that motion

**dfhq SOTW #20
Old 06-02-2003, 04:45 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
there is lots of different cd protection systems around that prevent this sort of stuff. i dont like ppl pirating games but the owner of the game is legally allowed to make a copy of their software. there are big debates about this as if a company could and did create a cd that no one could copy that ppl would not bea able to create the backup thay they can legally have.

but yeah use the no cd lol
Old 06-02-2003, 10:35 AM
Brokenfixed is offline Brokenfixed

ok no-cd it is.. i had the same trouble with DFLW but i also had trouble with the nocd patch on that, because of the numerous updates novalogic were churning out, everytime i went to play it seemed i was getting an update. But this might not prove to be a problem with BHD, seeing as i've updated it only once since i bought it months ago! maybe i'm just drastically behind everyone else, or are we seeing a lack of updating going on??