Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 02-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post getting ripped off

damn u US guys get the best deals with the hardware.
i just noticed a few prices while checkign out some mousemats:

UK FuZe price: £19.99 GBP ~ $36.72 USD ~ €29.24 Euros ~ $48 AUD
US Fuze price: $14.95 USD ~ £8.13 GBP ~ €11.90 Euros ~ $19.62 AUD
EU FuZe price: €19.95 Euros ~ £13.63 GBP ~ $25.02 USD ~ $32.78 AUD

even for a mousemat you guys are paying less then half of what u would in the UK! what a rip....
Old 02-03-2004, 01:31 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

You can apply that to most things we buy here Stevie, CD's DVD's etc all cost more here than in the States or Europe!

Regards
Old 02-03-2004, 02:07 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
lol
Old 02-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Se7eN is offline Se7eN

Send a message via AIM to Se7eN
wow, that sucks, I love america even more (not really)

^ i cant spell... bower should be bauer... hell with it...

Originally posted by blueprint
If you weren't so great in bed I'd have to say that's ripping.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Se7eN is offline Se7eN

Send a message via AIM to Se7eN
at least you guys dont have George Bush as the Leader and Representative of your country...

^ i cant spell... bower should be bauer... hell with it...

Old 02-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

were laughing in australia with regard to the exchange rate, to give you an idea the general rule for converting is double it plus shipping for $USD and triple the pound. That is why R4 Dvd's are becoming popular.

Now if were not so far away....
Old 02-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

You think thats bad.. I get jipped $30-40 bucks every time I go to canada. The exchange rate is almost always 30-40% on the way up then goes down to 12-20% on the way back.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 02-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
It really up to the people who set the standers for the exchange rate even the USA some times the USD maybe lower then some other countries. They even tell the banks how much to pay out and how much an item would cost to buy in a said country. Then there the import charge a country may add to the cost of an item call import tax. A country does this mostly to cut down sales of an item in their country to help boost their own products that are made in that country. Then there is the shipment cost this is mostly small amount do to they ship it out in bulk this helps to keep the cost down.

back in 1981 i gone to scotland to cross train in the U.K Airborn reg there in scotland the USD-4. Vs (UKP)1. pound. you talk about high cost. to tell the turth it would be nice it was the same across the world 1 dollare is the same amount cross the broad all means the same amount. for all countrys like for sample USD-1. dollare is equal to 1. pound or 1. mark, AUS-1. Dollare.

i remember a game i use to play with the german banks when the USD gone up i cash out the german bank when it gone down (GM) i put more into the bank you talk a bet of beer money to have in hand but it was fun.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 02-03-2004 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Chief ADFP

Re: getting ripped off

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
damn u US guys get the best deals with the hardware.
i just noticed a few prices while checking out some mousemats:

UK FuZe price: £19.99 GBP ~ $36.72 USD ~ €29.24 Euros ~ $48 AUD
US Fuze price: $14.95 USD ~ £8.13 GBP ~ €11.90 Euros ~ $19.62 AUD
EU FuZe price: €19.95 Euros ~ £13.63 GBP ~ $25.02 USD ~ $32.78 AUD

even for a mousemat you guys are paying less then half of what u would in the UK! what a rip....
Steve you can buy USA items cheaper then you can buy over there if you think about it? Pound Vs Dollars the Pound is more then the Dollar's is. if i change from Dollar's bill into a Pound i have to use more money to get one pound out of it but if you take a pound change it into a dollars bill you get more for your money wealth. Pound is much better then a Dollare now days
Old 12-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
So what we should be doing over here is when its $2 in the British Pound is goto the bank buy 100 pounds worth of USD, Then when it comes back down again to say $1.50 to a pound we could make a few pounds when we Exchange it back?

I think Ill giveup buying games and upgrading the computer and buy some money instead...lol
Old 12-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

on a similar not theres alot of people that are buying the new iraq dinars on the basis they will go up, media outlets called it a stupid gamble at first and are now changing their tune. The theroy is that currently 1 united states dollar buys 1500 dinar, if the country stablises in any sort of way the dinar is going to go up, potentially to dollars. Its interesting, i suppose it depends on whether you trust the US and/or the UN to stick around and stablize the country. Even if it dosent to up, looking at ebay and local shops you could sell them at least at cost as curiousities.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:40 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

at least you guys dont have George Bush as the Leader and Representative of your country...

and we dont have a self appointed war hero selling us out to the u. n. stripping us of our gun rights and trying to make friends with terrioist that would rather kill our women and childern either. and thats a real no brainer!
Old 12-26-2004, 12:37 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej

whatever happend to blueprint. His last post was june 30 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 12-26-2004, 02:34 AM
Chief ADFP

ref; insomnia above:
Quote:
Originally posted by insomnia

whatever happend to blueprint. His last post was june 30 2004
Not: hey any one seen this guy?

but hey go here and PM or E-mail the fool ok:
Link to blueprint [Member listing]: http://www.novahq.net/forum/member.p...fo&userid=2575

posting search: http://www.novahq.net/forum/search.p...earchid=114793
here his ICQ No# 235256919
AOL Instant Messenger Handle: surfinghelps

think he got banned from here for his foul languish he use in his posting. don't quote me on it. only seem to remember something the staff had to edited his post a lot on the wording he use.

Quote:
Originally posted by blueprint, dated: 06-30-2004 08:40 AM
for some reason whenever I try to update my game a message pops up and from there the update just stops.... anyone know what's happening.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-26-2004 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:35 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
i have to agree with se7en and ku43 lol....

but i think it depends on what your buying.... arent you paying more usd if your buying something say in 20pounds than if it were in 20 dollars?

Old 12-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Storm. is offline Storm.

americans get everything b4 us too, like srs street racing syndicate comes out for them already, we dont get it for about 4 months after, same with the new playstations, films etc

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 12-26-2004, 08:14 PM
Chief ADFP

will that has to with the software or product mfg mainly if they had it made in your country's then there would be no trouble at all. instead they are shipping it over sea's it add to the cost of it.

and Pound Vs Dollars the pound is winning by a mile away ahead of the race. so in some way's it would be cheaper. but then again it the store and whole sale who jack-up the price on it claiming it has more changes on it. it would be better it was made in UK & AUS would bring down the cost and make jobs and the people get it faster into their hands.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

its got nohing to do with the manufacturing chief, otherwise china would see eveything first....

By your logic chief prices in the US should be the very expensive when compared to Europe and The pacific countries, who are much closer than the US to China.

AFAIK they dont release globally incase demand is greater or lessor, if a movie does nowhere nearly aswell in the States then there not going to promote it as much and spend that much on it in Europe and other places. In someways its good, because if a movies being promoted here, it must mean there some substance to it (usually anyway)
Old 12-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
hehehe i love being apart of the military, we get FPO addresses so i can get stuff shipped in from the US

A lot of the guys i paintball with do that, as the rate from £-$ is great pay less by ordering from the US and then ship it over
Old 12-28-2004, 06:51 PM
Chief ADFP

there is another way if you really like to know means no S/H at all. best part you have it in one day, i use to do it long time all go in Germany and Korea. you look for a guy to buy the real thing for you inside your own country you will have to get a hold of a air men or US-Arm Force base get to know some one there who get it for you dirt cheap. it do mean you have to be a real good Buddie of theirs to do this for you.

in their On base Store they mostly likely they will have the game you are asking for.

don't get a guy who will try to charge you a lot more then it cost thats black marketing pay for what it cost you find some who get it for you for the fun of it. only pay for what it cost them be like repaying them for what it cost them only.

Man miss the old days going to the base store buy a 1gal of Jim bean for USD-18.00 for a whole Gallon and a carton of smokes for USD-12.00 inside them stores.