Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 07-20-2008, 03:38 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Try this instead as it's from Intel, if lucky the other file was corrupt (even though it's unlikley) http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...=1044&lang=eng

You are running old drivers, thats for sure. Now the issue isn't the type of card, i've played DF2 with alot older intel cards then that without any issues and the issue is either that the card is broken or a driver issue, and it defenetly seems to be the last. Don't give up yet

Installing another card is a thing to test but if you can't get the drivers for your card uninstalled you will have issues with any other card aswell as the drivers for built in Gcards should not be installed when using third party graphics cards.

EDIT: One thing I thought of, have you tried to go into safe mode and uninstall the drivers? Windows might go nuts (it does 99.99% of the time) when you try to uninstall graphics drivers for the only card being used, going into safe mode should fix this as it uses a default driver thats not associated with Intels cards specificly, it's a generic driver that is used so that you can see what you're doing installing windows and the like. It's worth a shot

If it's uninstalled you should have a lower resulotion when starting windows normaly, normaly 800*640. It should look uggly and scrolling a website should give you issues (stops, slow mostions etc).

Then install the drivers in the link I pasted in this post, remember to chose the correct version of windows in the dropdown list.

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 07-20-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:15 PM
ABettersoldier is offline ABettersoldier

Thanks.. Ill give it a shot and let you know my results!!

Ben
Old 07-21-2008, 10:47 AM

When I tried to run that I got.. "One or more files is missing or corrupt set up will exit" When I go into SAFE mode the device manager will not show video display adapters , SO I cannot uninstall the Intel Extreme Graphics from safe mode and EVERY TIME I start the computer I get the message that windows has found and installed new hardware and needs to restart to install the software. EVERY TIME!!! I cannot go to device manager to uninstall the vid driver because it says that the process is already happening and then I cant install new or update or any other option because the process is already happening and it seems that it will never finish.. GEEZE what a NIGHTMARE!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:52 AM
-1PARA-

Not sure how intel drivers work, but have you tried to delete them from add remove programs?

My photography website

Old 07-21-2008, 01:09 PM

Yeah bro Ive tried that.Somehow the process cant be completed.I tried it in safe mode and the options to even SHOW the drivers for the vid card dont even show up let alone the options to remove or delete it!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
gotta be worth running a reg cleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/
Old 07-21-2008, 11:07 PM

OK Ill give that a shot...... what the heck.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:08 AM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

did you reinstall DX? i had to reinstall DirectX when i updated my vidcard for it screwed up the DX file, might help, i dont know.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:24 PM

Ive spent over 8 hours online with Compaq. I have a Compaq computer. They have their own builds of Intel stuff. They werent able to help me at all.. Im just going to go out and buy a new video card.. Thanks a lot guys ! It was a good effort but some battles just cant be won.

AB
Old 07-22-2008, 03:31 PM
-1PARA-

You need to get the drivers off your computer to have a third party card to work as it should

My photography website

Old 07-22-2008, 06:04 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
yah but you can just disable the device.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:15 PM

AH ! YOU are so wrong my friend..Windows will not let me disable or uninstall Intel Extreme Graphics no matter what I do. Safe mode or not. its still there, everytime I start Windows it tells me that Windows has found new hardware and I must restart to install the new software, and if I restart I get the same message. I cannot disable or uninstall. If I try to update the drivers they say that they cannot be updated because they are in the process of being removed, and nno changes can be made to them. If I try to reinstall them I get the same message.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:04 PM
"ath-hole"

That's because you are using it.

When you install a new card it usually just disables the onboard card.

If it is PCI then the card won`t be there so the computer won`t be using the drivers.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
^ you would need to disable the onboard gfx in the BIOS. just putting in a new card will usually not override the onboard card.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:44 AM
"ath-hole"

It's worked for me

Possibly not for PCI though, I've done it with AGP and it disables the onboard card.

When I worked for Emachines we usually had people:
1. Go to device manager and disable the onboard card.
2. Boot into bios and disable the onboard card.
3. Put new card in.
4. Start the computer.

Almost always worked without doing that though. Maybe not with PCI-E and PCI Cards.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

or ya might have to go into BIOS and disable it like i had to on my old HP pavilian.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:20 AM

IM BACK! got it up and running .thanks for everything guys.. I finally had to uninstall and delete all traces of df and df2, then I downloaded with the help of Compaq (after like 12 hours of installing, uninstalling , downloading rebooting going in circles pulling my hair out.. ) The correct driver for my system.. I had done this like 6 times but never tried installing it with the game completely deleted. Also I went in and deleted the igfxtray, because i couldnt get it to uninstall, or disable. Then i reinstalled the DF2 and lo and behold ..!!! Im so happy I could just dance in the street! See you in Cerbreus Gate and Just Shoot Me !!

Thanks again fellas!!
Ben
Old 07-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
will have a good time in the killing field of life in the game zone
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]