Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:40 PM
jfuenchem is offline jfuenchem

Waypoints & Mission Editor

I have a problem with waypoints and the DFLW Mission Editor. Well, it's not really a problem, just an odd irregularity. Here's what happened: I set up a mission so that a soldier would follow a set of waypoints. I noticed that on some of the waypoints, the soldier would stop for a few seconds, look around, and then move on to the next waypoint. However, on all of the other waypoints, the soldier just ran right past them, on to the next waypoint, without stopping to look around. I could not figure out why the soldier stopped for some of the waypoints, but not for the others. All of the waypoints were identical, apart from their positions on the map and their waypoint numbers. So, I looked at the mission file in WordPad, to see if there was anything else different between the waypoints. As it turns out, there was a difference. The waypoints in which the soldier ran past, without stopping, looked something like this:

begin item 4
type_id 6005
name "waypoint"
id 1
position -10240 8704 0
team 1
map_symbol 2
waypoint_id 1
ttoolindex 1
fov 180
obliqueness 15
waccuracy2 100
perception2 100
perfectionist2 100
crouchtimer 3
shoottimer 5
attention 30
advancetimer 10
edistances 16 1024
end item

The waypoints in which the soldier did stop had an extra piece of text, however. They looked something like this:

begin item 8
type_id 6005
name "waypoint"
id 6
position -7680 12032 0
map_symbol 2
waypoint_id 1
wpnumber 4
ttoolindex 1
fov 180
obliqueness 15
waccuracy2 100
perception2 100
perfectionist2 100
movetimer 3
crouchtimer 3
shoottimer 5
attention 30
advancetimer 10
edistances 16 1024
end item

As you can see, there is a "movetimer 3" in the waypoint where the soldier stopped, but not in the waypoint where the soldier didn't stop. I copied and pasted "movetimer 3" into one of the waypoints where the soldier didn't stop, and sure enough, the soldier started stopping every time he passed this particular waypoint. So, this is indeed the code that has been causing the soldier to stop and look around. I would just like to know: is there anything that I could have done, inside the DFLW Mission Editor, that would insert the extra text into the file, causing the soldier to stop for a few seconds? I don't see how it could have gotten there on its own, so if anyone knows, it would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i can't remmeber any extra options that would change the text, especially if you dont have any specific events for that route / waypoint.

there is a few little things like that, some are pretty cool, but without a full list of text variables from Nova - which wouldn't happen - then we're all in the dark unfortunately :/

nice that you got it fixed tho