Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-04-2002, 07:32 AM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
problem

Ok i have an old v card voodoo 3 3dfx and i tried in vain to get bhd to work when i first opened it these came up (see attachments) then i tried to play and all i saw when i opened the game was a white screen wth a menu, voodoo3 does not fully support direct x 8 (buy raedon soon) but i thot i would give it a try. Anything i can do apart from wait til i get a new v card???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg helpme2.jpg (25.2 KB, 64 views)

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 08-04-2002, 07:32 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
attach

other attchment

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 08-04-2002, 04:38 PM
XenoMorpH is offline XenoMorpH

I don't think there is no other way to play the game. Think u have to buy a new GFX-card.... I think the final release wont have a high requierment as the Trial version has, NL just wanted to test with fast pc's and GFX-cards, basicly to set the requerments for BHD and to give them a hint of the things which could be better, or on which pc-combinations the game could give some errors.....
LOL, I could be totally wrong...But I think that's where NL is after among us GAMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

[AMD Phenom 9850][2Gig 1066MHz DDR2 @1100MHz][ATI Radeon 4870X2][19" IIYAMA Prolite E480S Flatpanel]

Last edited by XenoMorpH; 08-04-2002 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-04-2002, 04:54 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
XMH is right, u just can't play it im afraid.
none of the code has been optimised yet, so its just running pretty raw and sucking up juice from ur gfx card. the commanche4 engine anyway can push any gfx card very hard with all details on full
Old 08-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Re: problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond Bullet
voodoo3 does not fully support direct x 8 (buy raedon soon)

Just a word of warning about the radeon I have a 64Meg radeon before it I had a 16Meg Matrox G400.And I found the radeon to be slower so now im going for a G-Force 4 TI.

I have to use drivers that aint made for the card to get it to run better,Funny though they will not run Comanche 4 but they did the BHD demo.And in 1024/768 in 32bit with full detail it ran fine. But with the drivers that are for my radeon it ran like a snail.

dunno if anyone else has had probs with radeon cards.But i know it aint my system holding me back as I have a 1.1gig prossesor 512Megs of 266mhz DDR Ram.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:28 AM

hmm thanks for the tip guys. I have been recommended raedon 8500 numberous times so im still gonna go for it. But will check if there is a guarentee of some sort. TY guys

Just hope i can get the card b4 the 16th :s

supplied by Nev
Old 08-06-2002, 10:40 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Radeon is a good card because it doesn't seem to cause 2D crashes like nvidia users get every so often in windows (inc XP)

Are your drivers up to date because it says that its your driver s and NOT you GCard thats not working Dx8.

Go to the manufacturers website and see if they have Dx8 compatible software that makes your card compatible.
<---- PLEASE WAIT---->

OK I spent an hour researching this and it doesnt look too good however there is a 3rd party developer who claims to have a voodoo 3 driver produced that works within directx8

From my other research though its not always a great idea to grab home made drivers unless you are sure what you are doing.

If you do choose to do it make sure you have a back up (or the original disk) holding your voodoo files.

Link is here...
http://www.computrainer.com/html/voodoodrivers.htm

OK hope this helps.
You neeeeeeed a new card though. You can pick up a geforce2 mx for about 20-30 pound now. Whilst your saving for a radeon...

Old 08-07-2002, 01:14 PM
SiLeNt OwL is offline SiLeNt OwL

Send a message via AIM to SiLeNt OwL
--- " HMMMMMM " Thats funny, wierd, etc. I have an old NVIDIA G-FORCE 2 card... and it ran BHD DEMO..??? I heard of others not being able to run it w/ same type of card...." YES , My drivers are updated as well "...??? guess I got lucky ??? OH YEAH... I ran it on WINDOWS NT ...lol NO PROBLEMS... don't know how that happened ?.. I also have another Workstation running 2000 pro'... it also ran it...

P.S.

I just ordered the 64MB NVIDIA 4 TI card ??? hope the FINAL for BHD will work on it ???.....
-------------------------- " HOOT HOOT " -------------------------

Old 08-08-2002, 10:19 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
GForce2 is way advanced of voodoo3