Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 09-18-2003, 05:58 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

anybody remembered Sgt. Rock & the Easy Co.?

If I'm not mistaken, there was a rumour that somebody plans to make a movie out of Sgt. Rock & the Easy Company. Any fans around here?
Old 09-19-2003, 11:07 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Hi animal!

Yes I remember Sgt Rock and easy company, I remember reading the DC comics back inthe 60's which just goes to show how old BADDog is lol. I would love to see a movie if they are making one bro!

Regards
Old 09-20-2003, 11:50 AM

woohoo its good to know theres somebody out there remember sgt rock. Remember bulldozer (or wazzit bazzoka?), short round, long round... and what was the red indian scout name again?

i was spring cleaning my room & i saw my whole bunch of comics... I'm talkin about the classics dude... woohoo its like a treasure chest. Do you read any of the "BATTLE" and "WAR" comics too? "2000AD" - slaine, rogue warrior, judge dread... my old beano & dandy dated 1979 till 1992 annuals.

speaking of the sgt rock... it was rumoured to be acted by mel gibson or was it arnold schwarzenegger... but i guess nobody remember sgt rock anymore ainnit & i think they've scrapped the idea too.
Old 09-20-2003, 01:39 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Hi Animal!

Yes I did read Battle and War comics and do you remember Commando comics? They used to sixpence, not the modern sixpence but the old silver sixpence lol lol! Beano and Dandy.....quality mate! Do you remember Biffo the Bear on the front of the Beano? Corky the Cat on the Dandy lol? I had Superman, Batman, the original Detective comics where Batman first appeared! The Green Hornet, Flash and Justice League of America? Some of those old comics are worth thousands now Animal so if you have some old ones, look after them mate they will amke you afew quid I can tell you lol!

Warm Regards
Old 09-21-2003, 02:17 AM

yup commando too at 6pence... but over here in malaysia i used to buy em at 60cents. I have a whole stack of em.

Beano & Dandy nowadays are too colourful & kiddish. My favourites were the Jocks & Geordies and the Bash Street Kids. I'm not much of a DC comic fan but I collect Marvel & still do but not an avid collector anymore.

It seems like only us who know about the Sgt. Rock thingy. I guess we must be one of the "old" people here huh? lemme rephrase the word old to "experience"... sorry bout that... lol.
good to know u mate
Old 09-21-2003, 09:12 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Hi M8!

Yes I collected Marvel comics too, Spider Man, X-Men Sgt Fury and his Howling Commandoes lol, if you ever get tired of your collection Animal, send 'em over to England bro lol lol!!!! It's good to meet you mate and maybe I'll see you in my sights some time lol lol!!!!

Warmest Regards
Old 10-06-2003, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
Hi M8!

It's good to meet you mate and maybe I'll see you in my sights some time lol lol!!!!

Warmest Regards

u play dfbhd? then which server do u usually play in? and when? Looking forward to "tango" with fellow member of the DFHQ. Got my bullets carved with yer name on it already...LOL.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:44 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Hi Animal!!!!

My server is called BADDOGS BANDITS and I'm on nearly every day some time or other so stop by for a few games bro your always welcome!!!!

Warmest Regards
Old 10-07-2003, 07:44 AM

i play only during the weekends.... If u're in UK then I'm 8hrs ahead of u... try to look for ya then. U host em eh? what kinda game? TDM KOTH...bla bla bla? Can your server support my 56k connection? Or will i lag your server?
Old 10-07-2003, 08:22 AM
Alcide is offline Alcide

Send a message via ICQ to Alcide Send a message via AIM to Alcide Send a message via Yahoo to Alcide
I heard there is going to be a 130 paged book on Sgt. Rock & Easy Company.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:01 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Hi Alcide!

Any idea when it's being published? Animal I've posted a new thread to you instead of clicking on reply lol lo jeez I'm getting old lol lol!!!!!

Old 10-09-2003, 12:06 PM

yo alcide!!!

130pages? a graphic novel? oooooohhhh how do i find out more about em'? lemme know lemme know.....

ya know' if they ever make a movie out of sgt rock, i think the best actor to act him out is bruce willis.... whadya think?
Old 10-09-2003, 12:07 PM

130pages? a graphic novel? oooooohhhh how do i find out more about em'? lemme know lemme know..... alcide!!!

ya know' if they ever make a movie out of sgt rock, i think the best actor to act him out is bruce willis.... whadya think?
Old 10-10-2003, 09:01 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Hi Animal!!!!

I can't think of anyone better to play Sgt Rock than Bruce Willis bro! some one should write to one of the big studios and demand they make a move lol!

SGT ROCK & EASY CO-THE MOVIE! Now wouldn't that be great!

Warmest Regards
Old 10-10-2003, 11:20 AM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
yep, I bet it'll break box office records. D

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 10-11-2003, 10:50 PM

Yeah... and i think it should be directed & produced by a collaboration between Oliver Stone + Ridley Scott + QUENTIN TARANTINO. Sgt & Rock & the easy co. is the REAL Band of Brothers!!!.... ironically.... they're in the "E" company too.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:43 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Quetin Tarrantino would make one hell of a movie about SGT ROCK & EASY CO! Having said that it would be spectacularly violent lol lol!!!!!

Regards
Old 10-13-2003, 05:46 AM

yeahhh you could see "BULLDOZER" cutting through people's limb with his 50mm. "Longshot" snipe people's head & balls all ver the place.... yeahhh thats Tarantino style