Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > Feedback / Novahq.net Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Feedback / Novahq.net Support Feedback & Questions for the staff

Old 09-23-2023, 04:10 PM
CROCO is offline CROCO

eek DBF/LWF file creating; chopper glitch

Hello everyone)
I have been making my new map, but I faced with few problems. And I want to receive some advice from more experienced mapmakers.
The first problem is custom music. I have 5 .WAV files with music which I want to insert into my map. I found out that it is possible to do it via combination of DBF and LWF files. Moreover, I've downloaded LWF Builder. But I didnt find any tutorial about how to make LWF or DBF files. So, yes. I need some help.
And the second problem is weird helicopter glitch which happens in DFBHD: if somebody shoots the static chopper, it moves forward. And it totally ruins landing in my map because helicopter (which under heavy fire) lands in random place. But I want to land it in certain place - in small helipad. So yes. I need some help with it.
Old 09-24-2023, 12:38 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

This is relevant:

[DFBHD] Baldo_the_Don's Helicopter Methodology (Now with AI Fast Roping)

https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46845

Music in DFBHDTS is so complicated, and I swear, I remember replying with experiment results and info in a thread about music locations and using original DFBHDTS music, but I can't find it in these forums, and it may have been a completely different site, and I don't know.

I could never really ever get custom music working in DFBHDTS, except through .wac dialog, which is suboptimal, 'cause .wac dialog interrupts itself. The .wac cannot play two .wav files at the same time, so a minute long tune start playing, stops when someone says something five seconds in, and never restarts. Music also tends to be in stereo, and DFBHDTS can play stereo .wavs, but it cannot play and mix them well. It's just not good, you know?

I wish you all the luck though. Come back and tell us if you figure it out.

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 09-24-2023 at 08:12 AM. Reason: I cannot seem to not edit. Anything. I might need help.
Old 09-24-2023, 11:59 AM
CROCO is offline CROCO

Thanks, Baldo_the_Don! Your tutorial helped me a lot. Also I found the solution of LWF file problem. Problem was not with LWF file but with my sound files - they were wrongly encoded. (I tested my LWF with stock BHD wavs and it worked, but not with my own wavs which were not originally wavs; I encoded mp3s to wav). So, maybe I need to find the music in pure format.

Tags
helicopter, mapping, music