Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-04-2004, 02:33 AM
unknown-grunt is offline unknown-grunt

New Character classes

Okay I have two main suggestions for character classes.

Ever play as a gunner and your in a match where you survive long enough to run out of ammo?... Well I have done that quite a few times. Sure you could charge the enemy and go down in a blaze of glory and a body full of holes with nothing but the trusty ole .45 in hand. Or you could call up your brave little assistant gunner/ammo carrier.
These hardcore little lads would carry an extra 400 rounds/two boxes of machine gun ammo. Just for you. You probably won't last long enough to dump those. But still! It would be nice to have an ammo bearer at your beck and call.

Ever been in a heavy firefight stuck in a rut and pinned down like a donkey's tail at a 6 year old's birthday party? Well... I know I have. Sure you could play it ww2 ruskie sniper style and poke your head out to reveal their position to your friends elsewhere. Or you could tell your Fire Support Operator to call down hell's fury on the enemy position!
Strap em with a 16 and a handful of frags, flashes, and smokes and a radio pack with a connection to god's lightning bolts. Put in a request for heavy metal and wait for the dust to settle. Oh lookie I'm not pinned down anymore!

Oh and those Ghuille suits from DF2.... bring those back for all us hardcore snipers out there.
Thank you have a nice day.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:02 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Man I was a M60 gunner in the US-Army. I carry 600-800 rounds with me, a lot of times I did not even have assistant at all, had to carry everything with me, talk about walking 6miles to 12miles fully loaded in my rucksack (Backpack) with the stand for it, ammo, all the gear. I look as white as a ghost a lot of times. I Could hardly walk after that had to take a lot of breaks some time, When I was lucky had some one help me out take some of the load off me only after 5-6miles into it. What a back breaker that was. But you know what I’ll take that M60 any day over a SAW. I remember one time I gone 12 miles out and lost my head some place fully loaded to the max did not drink water got sick almost pass out from it, temp out side was around 95f in calif desert. The company medic had to help me out. Still don’t know why? I did not drink any water that day most of the time I do, but that day I really did not feel like it?
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-22-2004, 05:04 PM
DBC JungleHyena is offline DBC JungleHyena

It is the setup of the gameplay and the gaming environment that determines it.

In ReturnToCastleWolfenstein, the Lt was/is a VIP. The only interactive person in DF that can help his own team is a medic.

Even as a medic though, ... if you are killed and you cry out for a medic, ... it happens all to often nobody listens to your cries for help.

Just to many players being busy with their own thing.

In RTCW you could see real teamwork, because ammo was damned low and you could die in a sec. In DF team work is lacking because ppl carry to much ammo and can do without help for to long.

Ofcource Delta's and SAS carry huge ammounts of ammo normally. But unlike NovaWorld-online ofcourse, they do not charge at the enemy with 20 teammates (like on big nova servers). So Nova is not true representative of true Delta and SAS action anyway, ... so perhaps ... why keep ammo at the same level as in reality?

Still, an ammo carrier is a great idea!! .... But it will only work if you give less ammo to other kinds of DF-types.
A RTCW example: A Medic had very few ammo. But a RTCW-Lt would gladly give an RTCW-medic some ammo, because he knew he would need his help later on in the MP-map.

But even if we change this. Less ammo for all and add a special ammo-carrier, ... the pace of DF game is to high and the maps (most of'm) to wide open for it to be effective, ... I think.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:32 PM
SILENT-DROP is offline SILENT-DROP

I think the ghillie is a good idea, sucks that so many hacks bombard DF2 little weenies
Old 02-26-2004, 03:02 AM
Chief ADFP

funny thing about them maps in DFBHD & DFBHD/TS you can set it up so players play as a Ranger/SAS/Delte Force/10th Mountain. but they can only play as Delta Force (BHD) or SAS (BHD/TS),
Old 02-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Cody 7 is offline Cody 7

Send a message via ICQ to Cody 7 Send a message via AIM to Cody 7
eek Pilot

This goes along the fantasy of driveable vehicles, but there should be a certain type of player, a pilot, who is the only one able to fly a heli. you can have a helicopter go its normal AI route, but if you have a pilot on your team, he can get in the helicopter and fly it for you. If the heli gets hit, it will spin down from a blown off tail rotor, and the pilot survives pulling out his trusty car-15 surrounded by enemies. After hours of taking out herds of enimies coming towards him, the ammo carrier comes to the resque, and provides the downed pilot with ammo until backup arrives. Now that would be cool to be able to do that.

Have you ever tried the driveable vehicles mod for BHD? it lets you drive most vehicles and from the sounds, amount of detail in the cockpit it was almost like NovaLogic had already programmed drivable vehicles. Do you guys think they were just waiting to make an expansion that "allows" you to drive 'em?

P.S. here is the mod if you would like to try it:http://www.dfhq.net/?show=utilities&cmd=file&id=222
Old 02-28-2004, 11:39 PM
Chief ADFP

now a pilot be nice but what happens if 10-20players come in as a pilot will i can see maybe a option to change over in the armory to a pilot that be cool or have all be able to fly them helo of all types.