Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:54 AM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
vegetarians

just wanted to set up a thread to find out how many of us are vegetarians, i have recently turned vegetarian, i dont think many of us actually think where the meat of our plate comes from, sure some have to be killed to stop disease from spreading, but what about the other innocent animals dieing, so we have something to eat, i did physically feel sick when i started searching sites about killing animals for meat
and i feel its just wrong, i know bb is, but who else
vote
godamnit, i dont know i cant see a poll thing, lol, just post yes or no, and whatever u wish to add

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 01-13-2005, 09:07 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
no i am not. everyone makes sacrifices to survive. Humans are basically the dominate mammals in this world. we do we what need to do to survive. Just like other animals, they kill other living things to survive. Thats how the food chain works.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 01-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Personally no, although not to say im not impartial to the idea but im still working round the question that my kyoshi posed to me during my buddhist and zen philosophy studies as part of my martial arts training. How does one differentiate between eating animals and eating (generically speaking) plants?

To set up a poll, there is a checkbox when you post a thread, when you click that and submit it will take ou to set up a poll.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I don't think there is much wrong with it.. If a lion was hungry and your in it's path it's coming for you. It's close to the same concept that we have. We kill so we can live, ofcourse we can live of vegies etc but if we all did animals would prolly be over populated and we would just have to kill them anways. So why not just keep it reasonable and eat them while we keep them under control? Plus I LOVE my meat.

What I don't like is the people that kill and waiste it. Or kill it for one simple thing like a tusk or a claw.

So yes I am a meat eater.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq

Last edited by Scott; 01-13-2005 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:27 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I have never considered becoming a vegetarian but I respect the right of other to do so. I guess I just enjoy eating meat to much!

Regards

Old 01-13-2005, 11:15 AM
zaitsev is offline zaitsev

i havent eaten meat in over 10 years now (since i was 11)
Old 01-13-2005, 11:26 AM
NaughtyPerry is offline NaughtyPerry
Banned

steak and lamb chops all the way... you cannot go wrong.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

this is exactly why i dont look at things being killed at being ringed and the works, but i do like the way samon falls apart in your mouth, and the way lamb makes my bouth water .
Hell, i like getting the sh*t scared out of me, but erm thats different i suppose
Old 01-13-2005, 02:47 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by Tecoma2
this is exactly why i dont look at things being killed at being ringed and the works, but i do like the way samon falls apart in your mouth, and the way lamb makes my bouth water .
Hell, i like getting the sh*t scared out of me, but erm thats different i suppose
u mean mouth??? lol..

last time i ate any animal was 4 years ago..
Old 01-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
i'm eating a hamburger right now, so im sure u can guess how i stand on this topic

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 01-14-2005, 01:21 AM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

if the almighty didnt want us to eat meat he wouldent made animals so tasty lol
Old 01-14-2005, 05:05 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
my aunt she is a vegetarians, me i eat more meat then anything and some times i have a rat or a donkey every 30 days or so to keep up with the leaner side of life. the donkey has more fiber and the rat help too it has less fat and high in fatties in it. mostly i eat normal like every one do. my aunt she love being a vegetarians she love go's out paying a arm and a leg to high cost dinners who sale food to vegetarians. i have to say some of their dishes are really good, but no way beat a nice sweet bake donkey romp.

don't you love eating anything you like.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 01-14-2005 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:42 AM
Storm. is offline Storm.

look at it like this way, there is a food chain, if we dont eat those animals, they cud out number us and cud take over the world! LOL!
na... if all other animals eat meat, why shudnt we? look at sharks they kill you for fun lol, so lets keep the food chain going and have a good ol turkey

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 01-14-2005, 07:22 AM
MikeCoDBHD is offline MikeCoDBHD

yummy 18oz t bone steak with hienz 57 and a nice coke, and some french fries, and a bake potatoe, and some steamed bracoli, the reasons i can't come a vegiterean..
Old 01-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
my aunt she is a vegetarians, me i eat more meat then anything and some times i have a rat or a donkey every 30 days or so to keep up with the leaner side of life. the donkey has more fiber and the rat help too it has less fat and high in fatties in it. mostly i eat normal like every one do. my aunt she love being a vegetarians she love go's out paying a arm and a leg to high cost dinners who sale food to vegetarians. i have to say some of their dishes are really good, but no way beat a nice sweet bake donkey romp.

don't you love eating anything you like.

mmmm donkey pie
Old 01-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Steve
Rat on a stick or monkey meat on a stick is a common thing in most places.

dark ages it was a common site to see Rat on a stick up for sale, thank god they do it now days they do it with BBQ sauce lol

in the old western days Donkey and horse meat was using when there was no other animals around to eat. lazy cowboys
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-14-2005, 07:49 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
I like meat but I just think that it is smart not to eat a ton of it. I think that it is your choice. If you don't want to enjoy the taste of a nice juicy steak.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:12 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Lol dude people have been eating animals for food for thousands of years. I don't see how that is such a bad thing. I am not saying I would go kill my dog or anything and eat it but some animals have their purpose.

You can create huge vitamin and iron deficientcies with not eating meat and taking supplements. I know I had that happen to me.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Quote:
Originally posted by zaitsev
how many of you would still eat meat if you had to look after the animal from birth, murder it, cut it up, get rid of all the offal then cook and eat it
I dunno where you live, but here in the American South that's quite common. It's commonplace to raise a pig or two to slaughter. You wouldn't believe how much freezer space they take up.

I'm not a vegetarian. I love my greens, I can't get enough of fresh green beans, lettuce, and tomatoes, but gimme a slab of ribs and a bottle of bbq any day. I don't have anything against vegetarians (well, except the PETA nuts...don't get me started), just don't hate me for eating Bambi. I'm a Bible believing man, and in it God says he put animals here to be dominated and used by man, but that we're also not supposed to just go out an kill them all. If God says it, it's good enough for me