Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 04:36 PM
MikeWar*us9 is offline MikeWar*us9

Send a message via AIM to MikeWar*us9
Is Novalogic loosing it's touch?

I starting playing DF for first time in TFD. Between 700 and 1000 players were always online playin the game. In the small maps, cqb as their known to be, was instense. Lots of shootin, nading, and knifing ...BHD comes out, and there is an explosion in the DF population. Between 3000 to 7000 were generally playing. This game, not based on urban warfare as the real BHD was, rather it was geared for snipers and campers in general...

Ok, a radical change in the game that worked. JO comes out, the player population declines. Servers are much bigger, but less players were playing the game. BHD: TS was partly responsible for that decline. However, JO:E comes out, and the population continues to decline.

The latest DFX, hardly anyone plays this game at all. Unlike previous games, little excitement, and most squads remained in older versions.

More and more MOD's come out, changing the way the game is played like never before. Has novalogic loss touch with the players? Has it copied a certain style so much because one game made it a huge success?

What are ur thoughts on the continuing declining population in the newer games? Do you believe too many versions are out there or are they not listening enough to it's base to the degree it should?

Old 06-19-2005, 04:48 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

It started declining after DFLW. DF1 and 2 are games that I liked, only played DFLW a few times but i liked it, TFD was okey, BHD dragged it down more then ever (obviously this is my opinion)

I would say in my opinion that there was a tie between DF1 and DF2 in the title of the best Novalogic game they ever created. The fact that they don't listen to their customers is quite supprising, if you don't listen to your costumers, you should not be running a company!!

My photography website

Old 06-19-2005, 05:22 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
I really liked BHD, I wish they'd come out with another expansion for it. Hint hint Nova......
Old 06-19-2005, 05:42 PM
MikeWar*us9 is offline MikeWar*us9

Send a message via AIM to MikeWar*us9
lol, SilentTrigger your the first, that I ever heard about it's decline. It's not uncommon for those who first play a version, say for example, one starts playing at LW, and really likes it...Well, TFD comes out, it's slightly different, players are slower, harder to kill, so they remain in LW...I find it interesting that alot of LW players really liked BHD better than TFD...Maybe because BHD wasn't suppose to be an upgrade of LW, rather a new game in itself...

Plus, squads were moving on, and BHD was just exploding with new players...

In my opinion, they should bring back the nades which explode on contact, speed up the players...No longer reach for CQB, but a quicker cqb player...Expand the range of the machine guns like in TFD. Use powerful snipe guns like in BHD, and knife like a manic like in LW and so on...

Personally, I am starting to have a negative outlook on the future of DF...I see them copying the likes of BF2 more than doing their own thing and listening to it's own fan base...

Old 06-19-2005, 09:03 PM
lowlux is offline lowlux

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeWar*us9
lol, SilentTrigger your the first, that I ever heard about it's decline. It's not uncommon for those who first play a version, say for example, one starts playing at LW, and really likes it...Well, TFD comes out, it's slightly different, players are slower, harder to kill, so they remain in LW...I find it interesting that alot of LW players really liked BHD better than TFD...Maybe because BHD wasn't suppose to be an upgrade of LW, rather a new game in itself...

Plus, squads were moving on, and BHD was just exploding with new players...

In my opinion, they should bring back the nades which explode on contact, speed up the players...No longer reach for CQB, but a quicker cqb player...Expand the range of the machine guns like in TFD. Use powerful snipe guns like in BHD, and knife like a manic like in LW and so on...

Personally, I am starting to have a negative outlook on the future of DF...I see them copying the likes of BF2 more than doing their own thing and listening to it's own fan base...

they want money. and notting else.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:25 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
there is no way to please everyone, some people hate them, some people love them. tell me one company that doesnt want money? look if u really dont like the company or their games dont buy them anymore. complaining on a fansite isnt going to do anything especially since we are a pro-novalogic site.

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 06-20-2005, 04:57 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

damnit, wheres that piece i wrote up a while ago, would be perfect for this thread...

Last edited by Lakie; 06-20-2005 at 05:52 AM.
Closed Thread