Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Web design and Programming
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Web design and Programming Discuss website creation and other programming topics.

Old 12-23-2004, 04:34 AM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
News Scroller for Website and PHP Help

Where can i get a news scroller for my website like something to display news in a box like on Novahqs main page.Panthers scripts arent availaible for that.Also where do i install the php when i go to the site and download say phpv1.2.9 where to i save it to on my computer.Do i save it to my documents or where to begin using i just need help on how to get it up to be read yto start buidling it.I know some html so no worries.All i need to know is where to i download php to on my computer.Contact me by profile contacts if you rather tell me in chat.

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 12-23-2004, 12:40 PM
JonM is offline JonM

u need php 4 if u want to do anything lol
Old 12-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

yup, www.php.net (Get the full installer, install it propally in the correct places). Also, i haven't seen many scripts around that are atchauly boxes, but theres plenty of news scripts. I would highly recomend cuteNews *. But if your atchually know PHP & MySQL quite well, you can have a shot yourself . You don't need seperate tables for it, all you need to do is the fetch command, but do it in two places. There will be some tricks in there tho.
As soon as me and enfo get fleabib up, we'll put some php tutorials for you
[EDIT *]
Lost the link to Cute php, sorry, might be able to find it at www.spoono.com or www.al-ex.net
Old 12-23-2004, 08:39 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Thanx but my point is i dont know where to install php to on my computer......Do i install it to my documents,my programs, or what!!!!!!!!!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 01-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Ok. First of all. It is much easier if you do this under the php installer program.
Download the php interpuater* installer. I'm going to try hard to explain this as much as i can and as clearly as i can. Here go's.
1. First off. Many people have their main hard drive as C:. Open that in "My computer", then go into C:. (or your main hard drive.) Next go into program files.
2. So your in "Program files"? Alright. Right click in that window, and go to New > Folder and call that folder php.
3. Open the PHP interpeature* installer. and when it gets to the stage when you want to install it. c:\program-files\php\ should be automatically there. If you are using a different drive such as d, change the c to d.
4. Let it install.
5. I usally use PHPcoder for my normal php scripts, and use dreamweaver & photoshop for design. if this is your case, listen up. Most php development envoirment have options to change the path of the php interpature*. Go into settings/options and find the place where that is held, and it should be able to check errors and stuff. Just a word of warning, if you are trying to run the script of MySQL you will need to install mysql on your machine. Don't ask how.
Hope i have explained it ok . I'v probally done it wrong but it should work.
- Warm regards
Old 01-11-2005, 07:10 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Wouldn't it be good to use a http server aswell? Or am I too old? Is there a self containing PHP version that doesnt need a http server for it to work?

My photography website

Old 01-11-2005, 07:16 AM
MikeCoDBHD is offline MikeCoDBHD

www.cutephp.com