Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 07-23-2003, 04:58 PM
JèrséÿÐèvíL is offline JèrséÿÐèvíL

Fellow Stat Whores: Question...

I'm running low on Hard Drive space and need to get rid of some games I don't play anymore.DFLW and DFTFD fall into that catagory.
Now I'm already aware of Nova's current policy of not deleting inactive accounts because of those currently serving overseas right now.But did they ever delete any anyway?
I'm also aware of how Nova acounts are somehow inter-linked
Example: a couple years ago someone deleted there DF2 account only to find out that by doing so wiped out his DFLW account (and stats) as well.He was devistated.

So my question is this.Am I right in assuming that as long as I log into at least one DF game(BHD in this instance) once and awhile,that my DFLW stats will remain intact since I'm using the same name and acount for all 3 games?

Or am I worried about nothing and Nova never actually deleted anybodies accounts but used that line about
"Accounts without activity will be deleted after 90 days"
as a way of discouraging people from starting up multiple accounts or something?

To ask more simply have any of you for instance not played DFLW in along time.Like a year or so and still have your stats?

I wouldnt care except I busted my ass getting those DFLW stats and I'd like to be able to gloat over them for many years to come
Old 07-23-2003, 09:53 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
think you can save them as web page this is how:
"Don't Use the game to get to them can't save it that way!!"
go into you DF:?? folder log-in with startup.html file
after find you awards,stats and so on save each page click-on file then save it thats it.best put them into a fold sample DFLW-records and so with the others you may have.

Also a Note:
Picture's can take up a lot of space if you have a lot of them save them to some thing like zip-drive or a Cd if you have a cd writer of a type screensavers can do the same thing they loadup Picture's also to use and items you may have downloads that are no longer needed can be deleted best save tthem if you can if not try to find their url link save that to text for use later on to redown load.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-23-2003 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:00 AM
Nev is offline Nev

Send a message via ICQ to Nev
umm... df2 account?? did i miss something? the only thing that remotely resembles an account would be your df2 character save file, which is stored locally on your hard drive and has absolutely nothing to do with novaworld. maybe someone was pulling your leg?

didn't play very much DFLW and never TFD, but from what i remember novaworld accs and stuff were pretty much the same as now with BHD.

you need a cd-key to register your account, and it says that only one account can use this key (although i've never verified that ), so the theory of multiple accs is off.

and i'm pretty sure that yout DFLW acc and your BHD acc have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other, even if the have the same name.
heck, especially with the same name. id they were stored similarly, you wouldnt be allowed to create a new one with an existing name.

so my advice is that you do as chief said: open your stats in a web browser and save them to disk

ps:
better buy a new hard drive if you run out of space, this stuff is so damn cheap nowadays :d
i'm at 500gb now
Old 07-24-2003, 01:06 AM
Nev is offline Nev

hey, i just had a better idea:

keep your DFLW startup.html somewhere and from time to time, just open it and log in
that way your stats stay on the nova server

just tried it, and it works perfectly (for BHD, but DFLW shouldn't be any different)
Old 07-24-2003, 03:09 AM
JèrséÿÐèvíL is offline JèrséÿÐèvíL

Thanks for the replies and No he wasnt pulling our leg.It really happened some may remember the story he posted in DF3.net way way back.I cant remember his name now sorry.
This is how it worked...
When you install DF2 and try to go into MP the first time it gives you the option to create a Nova login name and password just like in DFLW TFD and BHD Except it doesnt serve the same purpose.
Its actually more of a Nova name and pass than a DF one,
Anyway from this point on if you choose to use the same exact name and password for the DF games that followed it then they become interlinked.You are "loging in with your existing account"
F22 lightning 3 and Armored Fist will let you "login" with this same name and pass as well.
I know this is true because when I first got BHD I noticed that the ÿ & Ð in my name JèrséÿÐèvíL werent showing up in-game anymore like they should be.Nova changed the Font for BHD so some letters dont work anymore.
Anyway I had to replace the ÿ & Ð with non-hexed ones so may name now reads JèrséyDèvíL
As soon as I did this it changed my name for all 3 games automaticly.
Also my player number is the same for all 3 games.

I like the idea about just using the html to log in every 90 days but dont you need to actually go into a game and get a kill or something for this to work?

I have already saved my stats pages with MS Frontpage but I also want them to stay alive on Nova's server too just incase I ever decide to backslide to DFLW or something lol

Oh and as for getting a new Hard Drive it's not the money it's the fact that I'd pretty much have to completly reinstall Winblows and do alot of monkeying around inside my case.
Just makes my life easier to try and squeeze afew more months out of this Winblows install

Last edited by JèrséÿÐèvíL; 07-24-2003 at 03:20 AM.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:40 AM
Nev is offline Nev

hehe do what you think is best

but the df2 account thing is interesting
i went online with it about 2 weeks after it came out, and i can't remember anything about a login.

i guess my LW and tachyon accs are long gone, and i don't really care about my BHD acc (i absolutely HATE the nova servers, and haven't yet found any public server which requires a login)