Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 09-11-2002, 06:20 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post back into maps :D

lol the things u do when ur bored.
no internet connection sux so im making maps again weeeeeeee lol. soem nice ones comming soon

as if anyone cares :P lol
Old 09-11-2002, 06:38 AM
acemark41 is offline acemark41

Hi mate, looking forward to seeing some new maps about. I've only recently started making maps, and didn't realise how much hard work can go into them, although I reckon some folks knock one up in a coupla minutes I was in public games the other day, playing on a map that my cat could have improved upon, buildings growing out of hills, so low you had to crawl to get into them, unreal. I'm sure we've all seen that kinda thing b4 huh?, shouldn't complain tho at least the creator had a go. AND there was a damn site more people in that one than I get in MINE gotta tell me something I guess. Anyway good luck with your new mapmaking lol
Old 09-11-2002, 11:42 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Don't forget to include the details SB!!

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 09-13-2002, 06:47 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

hiho

i need some one or some people to look over my new map. it's about 80% or so complete. it's attached to this post. currently only setup to run in QUICK MISSIONS. the attached zip includes the .bms and a MED view of the map, so that you can draw on it where you think there is an error you can then send the pic back to me @ stevieb85@another.com if this is too much work then please just write a few comments here - it would be greatly appreciated. it's very easy to miss stuff when there is only you looking over it. ( testers will get a mention in the readme )

the map is called SB y0u w0nt f0rget [ simply because the map is so good hehehe lol ]

its a different style of map than i have ever made or played really. mainly CQB and there is no free roaming ( hopefully ). the team bases are set 300m apart and there are numerous fixed routes to each base, but there is a couple of miles of walking to do to check out the total map

armories are marked by an armory sign ( duh ), so if you see the sign on the out side of a building there is an armory inside - simple.

there is a few things i have to do like add spawns, add steps to the small green bridges, change sky, add a few more building around the perimeter, but i need feedback to get another point of view.

there is approx 750 items in so far and it runs great on my comp but TURN YOUR GRAPHICS OTIONS DOWN please. if it still laggs - get a better computer :P it is set up so that you cannot see that much at once of that really would lag a lot.

on the picture i have attached is some red areas. these are parts that i don't want people to be able to get on the roofs. it will just spoil the map if everyone can go anywhere they want. so climb, jump, hop, skip, run all over until you find a place where you think you shouldn't be or get stuck and cannot escape ( congrats you found the escaper trap lol ).

one problem is that on the steps ive put all over the place, you can only run up them when your holding a gun! weird but nothing i can do. but even with a gun you go up kinda slow so just jump i guess.

the spawn areas are not complete so suggestions about them are welcome. the base ( and surrounding area ) opposite to the one you start in is incomplete also.

any ideas of what game types will be suitable? TDM is the only one im focussed on right now but i think flag games will be good also?

oh and if you want to make a full game type for the map please let me know and i can get your map in the completed zip.

positive feed back is also welcome as it's took me all frikin week to make this lol.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:44 AM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
i tried to play it too much lag for me I know i know

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 09-13-2002, 11:14 AM
STEALTH is offline STEALTH

i got trapped @ lower left corner of 8E. And i think my vid card also wanted ice water..
Old 09-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
SB has to post the longest freak posts...they are all novels.

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 09-14-2002, 01:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
DELETED

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev

Last edited by Diamond Bullet; 09-14-2002 at 02:03 AM.
Old 09-14-2002, 02:01 AM

DB wait till Zzz read this ... you're in for a long winded lecture lil one!

Quote:
Old 09-14-2002, 02:03 AM

uh oh

supplied by Nev
Old 09-14-2002, 02:03 AM

i have enof at school

supplied by Nev
Old 09-14-2002, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond Bullet
DELETED
You chicken!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Old 09-15-2002, 08:30 AM
Ian M is offline Ian M

Athlon 900
384MB SDRAM
64Mg Nvidia Geforce2 GTS Pro.

Plays Quake3 at full spec, MOHAA, DFLW DFTFD, Half Life and BHD demo with no trouble.

Lags like billy tit in SB You won't forget map.

Yet another SB classic. But even the big boy maps arent as large as this in games where proper mapping is possible ie Half Life and Quake.
Im unsure if the sandbag steps are neccessary. I suspect they are half the trouble and dont actually work as steps anyhow, I still have to jump up them as gunner anyhow.

I set my spec as everything Low 640X320 (or whatever the lowests res is) and the only thing I left on was shadows (vital in DM or TDM) just for this map.

Looks like a nice idea but there are too many items. I know StevieB. He can come up with alternatives if he truly is coming back.
Old 09-15-2002, 08:56 AM
STEALTH is offline STEALTH

to many BIG items as well.....
Old 09-16-2002, 07:34 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

:'(

geez u guys are gonna struggle with new games soon if that lags u up :/

i guess i have to back to crappy sniper maps

thanks for the feedback
Old 09-27-2002, 01:50 AM
Dirt*PR* is offline Dirt*PR*

brah...

i'll check it out and let ya know. my secret map for TFD sucks but given the basic idea i had for it i still can't figure out a better way of doing it so... say la ve.

btw...stevie, i can send it to u to get ur feedback if u like.
Old 09-27-2002, 02:17 AM
Dirt*PR* is offline Dirt*PR*

Biggrin well...

i'd have to start this off by saying...
Good job...but i don't think its very....umm.....playable?!
i would try to redo it without most buildings being ontop of those spinx parts, sorry i don't know the name of it. that might help out with the lagg. feels like ur in a real close-quarters city though! as it is my p3 can't keep up at all...sniff-sniff. wait...i forgot about my new laptop!
muhahahahaa...d'oh
Old 09-28-2002, 07:25 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

ok thanks for trying it out at least bro.
geforce4 makes a hell of a lot of difference i guess.
so cheap aswell!

hehe it's something to try if any of u guys upgrade. best map i've ever made
Old 09-28-2002, 07:34 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Re: well...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirt*PR*

i would try to redo it without most buildings being ontop of those spinx parts, sorry i don't know the name of it. that might help out with the lagg.
the reason behind this is to give the map a different feel than most maps and even regular cqb maps. on the map i made you can go over and under, round, through, inbetween the main routes but still the players are confined to one area garanteeing [hth do u spell that?] action. there is loads of little cut-throughs and passageways to ambush and escape, tunnels hidden in the long grass, hidden armories, i believe it is a totally unique map. but it's a problem with ppl who have different spec comps. i dont really have a good comp but i forget that ppl are only just scraping the minimum specs. like my housemate with his p3 500Mhz and onboard gfx. hehe when i get my inet connection im going to run a server for 'high spec comps only' lol.

i made some regular maps instead last week
Old 10-11-2002, 10:48 AM
GrimJerr is offline GrimJerr

hey long time StevieB
Have you made BHD maps yet
I was wondering ?
How do you get the PSP's in the editor
(progessive spawn points ????????????????)
HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!