Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:21 PM
flametai1 is offline flametai1

Map help, anyone here willing? ASAP reply would be appreciated

I've got a map, I've been working on for 2 days straight now... I got the helicopter path all laid out and everything just how I want it, I've worked on the events over and over, and have gotten it so it will loop 3 times and then stop working... I don't know where I'm going wrong in the looping process, I don't see why the reset events are not working right, I've tried making the "Slow Down" event reset by itself at different intervals, didn't work, tried having "Pre-slowdown" Reset "Slow Down" and then reset itself at different intervals, and made it so the helicopter will do 3 successful loops. With out the slow down event, the helicopter will not hover where I want it to exactly hover.

I do not want to work any more on the map until I can get the helicopter working properly, Any one willing to help?, I will also include them in the credits, any help would be appreciated, I will email the map to certain people. Just PM me your email, Or if you would like another way to do the file transfer just let me know, I'd much rather not just post it as an attachment for everyone to grab though.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

If I still had BHD I would say send me the .mis file.

I have to ask though what does the event consist of? A simple waypoint loop will keep a vehicle following it. Are you trying to have the helicopter do things before it flies again?

Old 05-16-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin View Post
If I still had BHD I would say send me the .mis file.

I have to ask though what does the event consist of? A simple waypoint loop will keep a vehicle following it. Are you trying to have the helicopter do things before it flies again?
Note A: I used EE's Basic BH Cycle to get the events that are required, this is how I make most of my maps with helicopters.

Note B: The Pre-slow and Slow down events are both added in by me.

Note C: I found that if I make Pre-slow reset Slow down, then Pre-slow resets itself after 45 seconds it will make my black hawk follow the path correctly 3 times, if I remove Pre-slow and make Slow down reset itself after 45 seconds, it's does less loops correctly.

Here are some images taken directly from my map:

Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
I believe the problems may be in event 2 (pre-slow) and event 3 (slow down).

I have found that using the "SSN NEAR WAYPOINT 2-7" triggers don't work. For whatever reason, that has never worked for me.

Try using ssn near ssn. Try using ssn 7 near the ssn of the waypoint.

And when you set the "NEAR" distance, make sure you set the distance large enough so that SSN 7 will be sure to hit the set radius distance of the waypoint.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

You have to also consider how events work in novalogic games. Reseting events with multiple stages have bugs. If you record a level you play and watch the computer replicate it you will see what I mean.

Events never happen exactly the same in Nova games. Timing is way off. An example would be simply putting a claymore in front of the path of a pickup going 20 kph... You do not need an event to trigger the claymore, as soon as the truck movement is close it blows up. However even though that is a predetermined distance and the truck's speed doesn't change as you replay the mission, it will NEVER blow up in the same exact spot.

If your events reseting and delaying overlap by a second because of a delay somewhere it will stop before it starts again. Vehicles can loop constantly just by following a waypoint, but speeding it up and slowing it down over and over again is near impossible with a looping event.

The only way I have found doing it is multiple waypoints with multiple events, and even then if something slows down the game's clocking it will get messed up.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Use an area trigger instead of any of the "near" events.

the pre slow even is not needed. give all the events a 20 second reset.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 05-20-2010, 05:18 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_jet_xX View Post
Use an area trigger instead of any of the "near" events.
Either will work and will have the same result.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by flametai1 View Post
I've got a map, I've been working on for 2 days straight now... I got the helicopter path all laid out and everything just how I want it, I've worked on the events over and over, and have gotten it so it will loop 3 times and then stop working... I don't know where I'm going wrong in the looping process, I don't see why the reset events are not working right, I've tried making the "Slow Down" event reset by itself at different intervals, didn't work, tried having "Pre-slowdown" Reset "Slow Down" and then reset itself at different intervals, and made it so the helicopter will do 3 successful loops. With out the slow down event, the helicopter will not hover where I want it to exactly hover.

I do not want to work any more on the map until I can get the helicopter working properly, Any one willing to help?, I will also include them in the credits, any help would be appreciated, I will email the map to certain people. Just PM me your email, Or if you would like another way to do the file transfer just let me know, I'd much rather not just post it as an attachment for everyone to grab though.
I,ll have a go if you like? I may be able to help or I can find someone to solve it
Didn,t see the other helpfull posts.
Hope you got the prob fixed

Last edited by Guest001; 05-22-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Didn,t see the other helpfull posts.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
I believe the problems may be in event 2 (pre-slow) and event 3 (slow down).

I have found that using the "SSN NEAR WAYPOINT 2-7" triggers don't work. For whatever reason, that has never worked for me.

Try using ssn near ssn. Try using ssn 7 near the ssn of the waypoint.

And when you set the "NEAR" distance, make sure you set the distance large enough so that SSN 7 will be sure to hit the set radius distance of the waypoint.
I will attempt this, Sorry for the late replies guys, been awfully busy lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
I,ll have a go if you like? I may be able to help or I can find someone to solve it
Didn,t see the other helpfull posts.
Hope you got the prob fixed
I'll pm you a link to megaupload with the file?
Old 05-28-2010, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flametai1 View Post
Note A: I used EE's Basic BH Cycle to get the events that are required, this is how I make most of my maps with helicopters.

Note B: The Pre-slow and Slow down events are both added in by me.

Note C: I found that if I make Pre-slow reset Slow down, then Pre-slow resets itself after 45 seconds it will make my black hawk follow the path correctly 3 times, if I remove Pre-slow and make Slow down reset itself after 45 seconds, it's does less loops correctly.:
I noticed in the Event Manager Screens you have
Cycle2 - which has repeated the ssn7 "AI State Change" command to "Follow Waypoint" for the second time in a row which may have contributed to the prob..
Dave61 told me you only need to issue the "Follow Waypoint" AI State Change once for a single ssn or group, until you alter that current AI state .
Old 05-28-2010, 04:24 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
I noticed in the Event Manager Screens you have
Cycle2 - which has repeated the ssn7 "AI State Change" command to "Follow Waypoint" for the second time in a row which may have contributed to the prob..
Dave61 told me you only need to issue the "Follow Waypoint" AI State Change once for a single ssn or group, until you alter that current AI state .
Yes Stomp is right,

You only need to use the "follow Waypoint" command if you have changed the "AI state" previously. The AI or vehicle will follow the waypoints unless you have given the AI or vehicle another command to "LAND" or any other AI state command.

The "follow Waypoint" command doesn't matter and it won't help if there is another problem within your events.

Recheck your events .

Dave

Last edited by dave61; 05-28-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 PM

I noticed in the map you sent me there was no Terrain and No Helo(s)-(ssn7 was a Null Point)-and there were lot's of other Null points (null ssn's) along with a Group called "Group 4: Hidden Objects", this precludes me from running your map to test the AI and if I alter it as is, it may end up entirely different from your original concept. (I did in fact make a test version with helo's and it all worked but I don't understand your intentions) If you can, send me the complete map. I will keep every thing top secret for you so don't hold back anything in case it is the clue.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I noticed in the map you sent me there was no Terrain and No Helo(s)-(ssn7 was a Null Point)-and there were lot's of other Null points (null ssn's) along with a Group called "Group 4: Hidden Objects", this precludes me from running your map to test the AI and if I alter it as is, it may end up entirely different from your original concept. (I did in fact make a test version with helo's and it all worked but I don't understand your intentions) If you can, send me the complete map. I will keep every thing top secret for you so don't hold back anything in case it is the clue.
There wasn't? I could have sworn that's the full map o.O It's the same file I've been working with all along or is there other files I need to include?
Old 06-02-2010, 03:51 AM

I loaded it with the DFX MED with no mods. What editor version did you use to make the map?