Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: were we right to go to war
Yes 12 70.59%
No 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 02:31 PM
hutchie is offline hutchie

were we right to go to war

were we right to go to war with war on terrorism

Old 01-30-2006, 02:36 PM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

hmm kinda of a controversial (sp?) topic to post in a forum tbh mate. im sure you will find people will have mixed views on the subject here.

personaly i dont know, as im too young to understand it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 01-30-2006, 02:37 PM

lol thanks for ur interest

Old 01-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Terry is offline Terry

i voted yes. im not gonna put a big post like some people are gonna do, but all i can say is someones gotta teach these sick headed wa**ers a lesson!

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 01-30-2006, 02:39 PM

hmmmm good point but what was the point of the british getting involved

Old 01-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Storm. is offline Storm.

sig is a bit large Jarhead?

yes we shud find that osama and hang him by his bears.. oops

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 01-30-2006, 02:59 PM

so what if my sig is big.

anyway it should be the americans who go and find osama not the british he hasn't done nothing to us

Old 01-30-2006, 03:02 PM
DogSoldier~MLK~ is offline DogSoldier~MLK~

british got involved because tony blair is so far up bush's ass ...and vice versa that they will do anything for each other

__________________________________________________ _______

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
ASUS AMD 939 SKT K8S-MX
Windows XP SP2
2 x 512MB DDR400 PC3200
Ati Radeon HD 2400 XT 256MB
200GB Hard Drive
160GB Hard Drive
Akuma Case Silver
Old 01-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Storm. is offline Storm.

Quote:
Originally posted by Storm.
sig is a bit large Jarhead?

yes we shud find that osama and hang him by his bears.. oops
Your sig is getting on to be wallpaper size, im just lettin u no b4 the admins will probly tell u neway

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 01-30-2006, 03:10 PM

thank u dogsoldier some one who agrees with me

Old 01-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Storm. is offline Storm.

Quote:
Originally posted by jarhead
anyway it should be the americans who go and find osama not the british he hasn't done nothing to us
what about June/July 7th (cant remember which 1) but he was the 1 that supposedly organised that!
if we just leave him hes gonna go for us anyway eventually

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 01-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Troy is offline Troy

Send a message via ICQ to Troy Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via Yahoo to Troy
The United States has had only 1 terrorist attack (9/11) since Bush has taken office and we took the fight to the terrorists after it. Since, we haven't had any. There were more attacks in the US when Clinton was in office. To name a couple. Oklahoma City and World Trade Center bombing. Only a year apart.

Bush has free'd Millions in Iraq and Afganistan. Two strategic countries for Democracy and we are fighting to keep these Millions free not only to become allies but to give them independance from the Axis of Evil.

We can fight here in our homeland or we can take the fight to thiers. Which would you rather do?

A war was immenent as WWIII is. We are taking steps to protect Democracy and live without fear of rogue nuclear coutries and terrorist states. We have already started the war whether you call it a war on terrorism or WWIII.

It takes time for the Axis of Evil to get the balls enough to fight a great war specially when they know they'll get beat. All they are doing is sending money to terrorists and countries that support terrorists. To kill a couple thousand? Not much of A war if you ask me considering America has lost Millions is previous wars.

The Great United States and her Allies can fight on more than one front, anywhere at anytime and I believe most service men and women will tell you that.

Be prepared for the worst guys! But live happily and carry on the great tradition of your heritage. Prosper and be productive. Never give up hope because then if you do, we have lost. And that, I will never see. Defeat because I'll die fighting if the war comes to my homeland and I'm not alone.

I come from a long line of great Americans being my heritage from England, Germany and American Indian. We've had great German and English Leaders here in the US. I'd say we like to fight if we have to fight. From the great battles with the French, Spain and Germany to the American Revolution, the Indian battles to the American Civil War. We are born and bread to conquer but we refrain and live happily with what we have. After WWII we could have built an Empire greater than what we have now but we fought to preserve our home and way of life. A proud life that us Americans can learn and boast about. A tradition we must carry though to the next mission.

To say this war is wrong, is to forget our history and betray your own future. We are merely citizens in the mercy of our leaders and we must protect our leaders and support them to the death. If you don't want this, start a revolution and then see who how much your opinion matters. Carry on!

~Semper Fi~

Last edited by Troy; 01-30-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSoldier~MLK~
british got involved because tony blair is so far up bush's ass ...and vice versa that they will do anything for each other
Canada's gonna be right behind him here in a week or so when Mr.Harper gets inaugurated.
Word is his campagne was funded partly by Bush.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Chels is offline Chels

I will not read this forum for my opinion is NO I am russian but my step dad is 100% texan and my parents live in vermont, my dad is gone to iraq (hes home for until next monday then he oes BACK) I disagree on the war only because the US gets in many peoples business, then again I agree on it because he us helped put them in power.

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:16 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

well i can see where this topic is going..

at the beginning i was for the war, to get rid of sadam (i think at the beginning everyone was for it) sadly the insurgents have messed up the plans that the coalition had planned.. and lots of civs, and brave soldiers have died from many countries

i dont see why people are so annoyed at soldiers been injured/killed (yes its sad to lose someone) but its their JOB if they didn't want to go to war, and be in danger why did they join up? i for one when i join the army, if i get hurt or killed i would want my family to support whats going on, instead of feeling angry at the british government

i support it, and could even be sent there in 4-5 years (hopefully by the it will be peace-keeping) but everytime i hear about another soldier dying (recently another british soldier died, total is 99) it adds to my determination to join up and help sort the country out, no matter what ..

war is something that has been about since the beginning of mankind, its been happening in many african countries for the last 20-30 years non-stop, millions dead (if u ask me, we should have troops in africa to sort this out..)

dont like my views? dont comment on this post..
Old 01-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
Quote:
Originally posted by BB
well i can see where this topic is going..

at the beginning i was for the war, to get rid of sadam (i think at the beginning everyone was for it) sadly the insurgents have messed up the plans that the coalition had planned.. and lots of civs, and brave soldiers have died from many countries

i dont see why people are so annoyed at soldiers been injured/killed (yes its sad to lose someone) but its their JOB if they didn't want to go to war, and be in danger why did they join up? i for one when i join the army, if i get hurt or killed i would want my family to support whats going on, instead of feeling angry at the british government

i support it, and could even be sent there in 4-5 years (hopefully by the it will be peace-keeping) but everytime i hear about another soldier dying (recently another british soldier died, total is 99) it adds to my determination to join up and help sort the country out, no matter what ..

war is something that has been about since the beginning of mankind, its been happening in many african countries for the last 20-30 years non-stop, millions dead (if u ask me, we should have troops in africa to sort this out..)

dont like my views? dont comment on this post..
I agree and disagree for i am a Liberal :P...
I'm not pro-war but i understand how it's not the US's fault for this not being the quick drop-in, snatch and leave operation it was planned to be. They wan into the insurgents that are totally fooking things up.

Anyway, i'm glad someone is doing it, but i'm also glad that Canada decided to stick to one operation at a time (Afghanistan).
Old 01-30-2006, 06:11 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

No comments.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 01-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
The war is worthless. Don't need to go into details, its just worthless, my brother agree's with me and he is in the millitary, he has seen his friends come back with no legs, and arms, and they agree the war is worthless.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Iraq: people were getting kill off for all type of reason, Yes it needed to be stop. people have the right to live free and not scary if they going to die the next day. same thing happen in WW2, asker we will not let it happen again no were on the planet we let people be kill off for the fun of it.

Afghanistan had terrorist inside the country who attack the USA we not going to seat back let them do it to us again, hell yes we have a right to kick their small ass all over the place. hell yes

Japan attack the USA you think we going to seat there let them keep on attacking us all. we have a right to kick their small ass all over the place. hell yes

so if you can't understand that! i put it this way any nation or group of people (Terrorist groups) come to the USA or UK we will go after them in style and super force to kick them back into the stone-age. many country's have join us in this and come united in this front to remove these terrorist groups.

like all wars the aftermath of it going to be hard to recover from it and setup a new leaders to get their country back in working order you will have people starting crap up and try to make something of them selves to look good. terrorist groups like to have control of a country by scaring to do thing they like to do. power is a scary thing and thats what these terrorist groups are all about. it not about the land it about control of people and forcing them to do things their way. they will kill people, rap them, kill baby's for a joy of doing it.

you should watch them kill a person they are happy about it and dancing about it. they get a kick out of it. is that right they have? no

how would you like have a group of people break into your home let say 02:00 am in the morning and kill your mother, father, brother off but they let you watch it all, and let you live. let you stay alive and gone. law enforcement come it to late. all people have the right to live without fear of being kill off for some cheap reason.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 01-30-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:51 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Quote:
Originally posted by DevilDog#1
No comments.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Closed Thread