Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 12-26-2004, 12:02 AM
dustyred is offline dustyred

Send a message via AIM to dustyred
about MED

Does a MED come with the game?
Old 12-26-2004, 02:08 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
yes

Source: http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/index....splay&sid=1081
Quote:
By: - Reaper
Remarks: ref; medic's
The good news is, Joint Operations: Escalation is a blast to play! It takes every thing Joint Operations did right, but adds some tasty new morsels to the stew. I am speaking primarily about the parachute as a selectable item. I’m sure a few of you may be surprised to hear that I’m more excited about the parachutes than I am, oh say, the tanks but I’ve always enjoyed JO for the infantry warfare. While tanks are certainly lethal, anyone who’s played the beta test for Escalation or the retail version know that the second an MBT peaks over a hill, it’s going to get about eight Javelins come screaming down on it. Tanks are flat-out dangerous, but that’s nothing compared to when you’ve got around eight players performing a low altitude jump over an enemy held PSP. That’s got devastation written all over it. If that squad has a good mix of medics, rifleman, and engineers there isn’t a group around that won’t be seriously hurt, if not defeated, by the squad. Plus, it’s just really freaking cool to see eight of your squad mates dropping flashbangs, smoke, and frags into an enemy PSP and the defenders spraying rounds frantically into the air trying to kill somebody.

I really like the feel of the classes now, except the gunner. While it would be more realistic to have an M240 machine gun that is extremely accurate to 800m, it isn’t fun to have that. So, I guess I see Nova’s problem there. And pretty much all of these classes are very balanced in how a given class approaches the topic of enemy destruction. Take vehicles, for example. Medics? Revive your engineers. Engineers? Hell, pick anything! Rifleman? Grab your satchels, hop on a bike, and send ‘em to hell! Snipers? Hope that M1 isn’t looking for you. Gunners? Uh… change class?

Sweet treats for the tactically minded…

I’ve brought up some of the troubles of JO:E but don’t let them overshadow the real draw of the game! The new toys and the play styles they’ll bring! The tank finally adds what I, as a tanker in real life, felt was overlooked in the original. Every one seemed to get so excited when a BTR would show up at a PSP. I never did. To me, a BTR or any light armor vehicle is merely a tank commander’s weapon engagement. Maybe it will get a HEAT round if I’m really pissed off. But I also saw that perhaps tanks would disrupt the game play the way Nova had envisioned it. But to that, I also thought, ‘Huh. They should just add the Javelin.’ Which they did. And really, if you’re one of the people that were worried about tanks changing the feel of the game and taking the focus off of the infantry, don’t fret! JO:E simply makes the infantry more versatile. The parachutes make them more mobile, the Javelins make them more deadly, and the G-36 makes them far sexier!

The class changes bring some needed balance to the game and the new maps highlight this all! When I think of airborne helo insertions over the new Spaceport map, I get goose bumps! Escalation adds great flexibility to your individual play style, whoever you are. I firmly believe that. You want my proof? Simply find your favorite server running the expansion and see for yourself. Escalation more than ever brings teamwork to the forefront of this game and rewards the team players with victory. If you like Joint Operations, I would suggest that you at least consider purchasing the game. Hold off until you find it for a good deal, perhaps, but definitely consider purchasing the game. If you love Joint Operations the way I love Joint Operations, then Escalation rates as a, ‘Must Own!’
now if there any one out there can add to this; who has the game JOTR:E then speak up tell us if it has new charters skins? class
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 12-26-2004, 07:14 AM
EL_BASTARDO is offline EL_BASTARDO

you mean the mission editor?

it's called NILE in JO (Novalogic interractive level editor) !! lol

click the link below

http://www.novahq.net/forum/showthre...=downlOAD+NILE
Old 12-26-2004, 02:49 PM

i know about the nile. i was just wondering if the expantion had the med so i dont have to download it.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:58 PM

no m8, it doesnt come with a map editing tool, but the one u use for JO-E is the same as the one for the standard JO, just use the update in the menu, (that's presuming u have the original NILE, ......if not u gonna have to download it)
Old 12-27-2004, 01:16 PM

ty
Old 12-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Try finding some tutorials for it first, its quite a hard tool to use
Old 12-28-2004, 04:39 PM

or you can always post any questions here if u get stuck