Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 07-14-2003, 04:06 AM
JimDirt is offline JimDirt

Send a message via ICQ to JimDirt
Cant join games!

ok guys ! here's one for ya ! , #1 : i have 2 hard drives, #2: Win 98SE on one ,Win2000 pro on other,,the one with 2000 has just been formatted, and this is the first time i have used 2000,it has ALL Windows updates and service packs, i have the latest Nvidia driver ,TI 4200 128mb vid card,Direct X 9 1.7ghz AMD AthlonXP, 512 DDR ram, now i have been playing on the Win 98SE drive for a while with no probs, i just got Win 2000 pro , and put it on my other drive, a freshly (low level)formatted drive, after all the Win updates and vid drivers were installed, i started with my games , First was TFD(no problems) next was BHD (no problems) next was Land Warrior(1st problem) it looked like it installed ,(with disk in ,it shows "Start,Install,Demos,Exit,etc)Start is grayed out so you cant click it , gives errors if u try to update, and hangs when trying,(but never loads)to start,,(2nd problem)BHD after playing single player for a bit , i decided to play Multiplayer, it loads, lets me log in , go to server page(stat or public give me the same error,log in ,no log in same error) everything is fine till i pick a room to go to (say Blackhawk !) i click the page , it loads , and gets to "JOINING GAME" and hangs , till after 5 minutes ,i have to Control/Alt/Del, to end task ,"Program Not Responding", NOW ! for the finalie ! when i first installed all this it was at a friends house, we played BHD on his Cable connection ,thru his router, for 5 hours with no errors, (4th july weekend) i took my fresh system home , and set it up ,to my Cable connection ,thru my router, havnt been able to play multiplayer ,in BHD since!,i have uninstalled, reinstalled, reupdated, you name it , and nothing changes, i cant figure it out , and i have sent emails to Nova Servers and Support ,with no reply! so now im stuck ,and have uninstalled till i get some kind of way to fix this problem , ,,,Is the problem 2000? , is it changing routers?(i installed no software for his ,so i dont see any prob there), either way im stumped , anyone got a clue about this prob??? HELP!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 08:04 AM
dknuke is offline dknuke

Jim are you able to get to the internet with explorer or netscape? Sometimes other peoples routers are set up with a long IP lease time. You may have to release and renew your Ip. But if you can get to the internet this is not your problem.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:30 AM

yes ,i am able to do everything else, i play TFD with no probs, ,and BHD recognizes me ,it says "Welcome †RȆJïmÐïr†, so i know im connected properly, i get no errors on any pages , and my ping ,using IP-QUERY averages about 96, thats why im stumped, and Nova has yet to reply ,it has been since the 4th weekend,when i took my PC back home ,and internet has nothing to do with Land Warrior giving me install problems , its like its a program conflict or something , but i have searched everywhere and cant find a patch or issue that is related to mine , although ,Microsoft has stated in their SP 3 for Win 2000 , that it fixes game and program conflicts, but i have ,SP 1 ,SP 2, SP 3 ,SP 4, so those issues should have been covered, and as i said before ,at my friends house it worked ,and i played with no errors for 5 straight hours ,although i could NOT install Land Warrior there either, so thats why im baffled ,since the OS im running is a copy of his disk, and he has the same games , and has no problems, so it makes no sense!...also as a note ,when BHD hangs ,and i have to go to Task Manager to close it out , when i click END TASK (BHD is the only program that shows up in the task area), if i am on Team Speak ,it shuts it down as well , but i have tried logging in without TS running and get the same results!!

Last edited by JimDirt; 07-14-2003 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:06 PM
dknuke is offline dknuke

I hate to say it but something must have gotten corrupted during install. Since you just installed it. Try a reinstall and verify the drivers are able to support win 2000. Do it early before too much stuff is on the computer. I have had to reinstall the operating system on one computer 3 times before it finally worked. Make sure the CD is clean. BHD runs fine on win2000. Good luck
Old 07-14-2003, 05:43 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
ok guy check the Cd see if its bad or needs' cleaning this also can make errors also instilling[/b]

use a Cd disk cleaning kits that clean on a disk that turns around not some rag bet they kill Cds' sand or dirt get in the rag kiss it good bye.

If the Cd look smokie color white then it needs cleaning

P.s if the Cd is really dirty badly use good water and some small amout dish soap to clean it with and a light cloth not some old dish rag ok go over it lightly no pushing down on it lightly go over it then get a towal rip it or press down on it lightly don't make any cuts into the Cd you need get water off best if you can blow it off with air compress or a can of air to get water off it.

then after use a Cd cleaner kit to make it clear as glass

*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-14-2003 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:05 PM

K THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS ,I WILL TRY THAT AND LET U KNOW!
Old 07-14-2003, 11:26 PM

Well it didnt work ,now what??
Old 07-15-2003, 05:47 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
sorry i am at a lost
last thing you instill windows 2000 fresh then go to
Ms-Office update get the new instiller for your windows there let it scan your pc you using ms-word i hope then you can check for updates there too

windows update & office updates both are Mircosoft

here the Office link:
http://office.microsoft.com/productupdates/
give it a try see if there is a new instill to update your system there if there is get it asap ok

you having trouble with instilling software so i hope this may help only thing i can think of or your Cd-rom needs cleaning.

other then that maybe "Panther DF Staff" can help you more seen him help a lot other people out when it come to system troubles with Windows 2000 & Windows Xp
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 07-15-2003 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:30 PM

That link ,only works for Office 2000 it wont scan Windows 2000, so it didnt do any good , since i havent re-installed office, i am waiting for my sister to send me a copy of XP, hopefully that will , fix my probs, so far nothing else has worked, and i cleaned the cd-rom ,the cd's wernt dirty or scratched, so im still stumped
Old 07-15-2003, 05:31 PM

Hey Panther ,if you can help figure this out , i will let you win at Asteroids
FX-6800-Ultra-256-81.95
Direct-X-9.c
SoundBlaster Live 24-bit
2048 Corsair pc3200-400mHz-DualChannel
MadDog-PurePower-550watt-ps
5000dn / 500up - Cable
Old 07-15-2003, 06:07 PM
The Jerk is offline The Jerk

xp is the way to go, should fix all your probs

windows 2000 not very game friendly and just a poor program altogether.notice it didnt last to long!