Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
WOOT! I MADE MACHINE GUNS HAVE SIGHTS IN THE GAME!

They were from JO, and I enabled the sights via the gun profiles, and had to add these numbers for the sights to blend in the game and crap...

The bad thing is, is that when I right-click to activate sights, it won't show up! I think this is because the guns weren't made for sights (the gun probably has to be designed to move into the middle of the screen to activate the sights Imao). The only way you can activate them is if you get a gun which has sights, activate the sights on the gun, then move to the armory while the sights are still on, change to a machine gun, and viola!

I think it was Nova's problem and not mine TBH for the sights. I did exactly like any person would lol.

Well, WTF's the SS? Well, it's here!:

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

HEY! quit aiming at that hill, it didnt do anything to you, lol.

cool, now ya can aim the thing.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauser 98K
HEY! quit aiming at that hill, it didnt do anything to you, lol.

cool, now ya can aim the thing.
Imao lol. It's me test hill.

Even though there's a flaw with the machine gun sights, I'm going to keep it still. Mainly because it's not my problem that it's like that. And, it adds a new feature... hehe...

So Mauser, have you found a Mod Manager for your mod yet?

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Nice one.

Im basicly done with my tweaking. Just moving onto UT and OFP meditting.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:02 PM

had to get me a new moniter fer me old 1 craped itself and i clicked the video options tab in BF2 and hey it has a setting for 1600x1200 i clicked it and coool, makes game look great...
Old 01-18-2007, 07:18 PM

Shweet.

I made some final tweaks in BFV. I noticed that the bots weren't fighting at full capacity, stalling all the time and idling in shootouts. So i fiddled with ai weapon strengths and ranges, returned the ai strategies to their normal settings and remmed out some AI weapon codes since the bots never bothered to use them (ie wrenches and medpacks)

And voila. Bots are back to their normal aggressive selves. It resulted in an intense bloodbath in Quang Tri (an urban map)
Old 01-20-2007, 11:24 PM

Check out these scores after palying some Battlefield 1942 WITH my Ai tweaks.

^^ This was a 1000 ticket match on the assault map Tobruk (which ironically, my grandfather might have been during WWII). The Germans overran the frontlines in under five minutes, then they pushed us back to teh second line, overhwelming us there with the help of precise artillery barrage (thanks to enemy scouts), and then teh est of the map became a frantic scuffle in the urban town in front of our final base. It was one huge battle, but we lost. Sorry granddad...

^^ And this one is Operation Husky in the Road to Rome expansion. We (allies) had to fight our way up the beach, all teh time being shelled by the defgun and the wespe, and being bombed by a BF110. The battle was a 'see-saw' affect where both sides advanced and retreated equally. Again, we lost though.

Normally, bots would only manage to get 15 kills tops on each of these maps. And with my changes, look at em now!
Old 01-21-2007, 12:36 AM

GJ... losing lol.

I just gotta do the maps and maybe do some minor tweaks and yeah...

Chris
Old 01-21-2007, 02:53 PM

I've just gave the gunner the CAR15/203 and M16/203 back 'cause otherwise they would have just the SAW, M60, and M240 as primary weapons!

I'm also gonna put back on the crosshairs. It doesn't seem right without them. And if someone wants to take off the crosshairs, they might as well take off the HUD using the ''H'' key as then it's harder lol. :S

Chris
Old 01-21-2007, 08:21 PM

I made some more "not-so-good" discoveries with my BFV bots. Turns out that the allies side was totally owning the NVA - big time. Not only that, the maps that had aggressive NVA tactics weren't as fun. So i did some arduous tweaking and testing last night and this morning and so far im pretty convinced that the bots have returned to their normal state, just with some new toys to play with.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:55 PM

Had a massive computer scare yesterday. My mum accidentally switched the PC power switch off at the wall while fumbling for the light. The PC was on at the time. Upon restart, a file couldnt be found and it suggested a reinstall of windows. Screwed i thought i was for i had not backed up my important files.

Fortuanately however, i let the PC rest for a bit and turned it back on. Voila, fully functional again. I was obliged to hastilly back up all my important files. Close one...
Old 01-23-2007, 12:04 AM

I've got some effed up problem too.

Sometimes the computer lags out badly and shutting it down properly takes about 15 minutes Imao so I just hold down the turn off button...

But once when I was in the MED for Operation Flashpoint, I learned turning it off when in an application stuffs things up.

Now I randomly get that stupid computer startup scanning for errors thingy when I boot up lol...

I gotta find a way to disable this crap...

Chris
Old 01-23-2007, 08:11 AM

My Operation Flashpoint frequently freezes on me, utterly pisses me off. It happens all the time. Sometimes i can play for over an hour before it freezes, sometimes it happens as soon as i hit the menu. So annoying.

Well I guess my AI tweaking has well and truly come to a glorious end. Played some maps in both BFV and BF42 and all hosted satisfactory AI behaviour. So much more difficult than it was before.
Here is the updated list of things I have accomplished to date.

BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM

Infantry:
- Bots use knives, machetes and plantation knives for up close action.
- Bots use the M79.
- Bots use the Timebomb.
- Bots use landmines.
- Bots throw caltrops as if they were ninja stars.
- Bots use Bouncing Bettys.
- Bots use pistols.
- Bots throw grenades at infantry on some occasions.

Vehicles:
- Bots in the Cobra co-pilot position fire HEAT missiles more frequently.
- Bots in the Assault Huey fire the miniguns much, much better now.
- Bots in the Huey slicks will now fire at enemy targets.
- Bots fire the coaxial machinegun when in tanks.
- Bots in planes will attack ground targets more often, including air control towers.
- Bots fly the Mi8 helicopter a tad bit better now.
- Bots use the M46 artillery gun a tad bit better.
- Bots fire stationary weapons such as the Quad 50 and the M60 much better now.
- Bots in the ZSU gunner position now fire the weapon much more faster, creating a wall of flak.

Global effects:
- Bots are more accurate.
- Bots go for vehicles a bit more often.
- Bots shoot tank weapons further.
- Bots now fire on low flying aircraft with rifles and rocket launchers.
- Bot weapon ranges slightly increased and decreased respectively.
- Bots no longer fire LAW and RPG rockets at infantry.

Other changes:
- Crosshairs turned off for infantry and vehicles.
- Nametages and hit indication turned off during COOP games.
- 3rd person soldier view activated.
- Vehicle wreckage lasts a lot longer to give the game the 'battlefield' meaning.
- Air control tower health reduced from 1200 to 500.

Possible changes:
- Maybe get bots to use claymores and other explosives.

BATTLEFIELD 1942 (and expansion packs)

Infantry
- Bots use knives, throwing knives and bayonets against infantry.
- Bots use landmines against vehicles.
- Bots use the binoculars to call for artillery bombardment.
- Bots use the K98 rifle grenade.
- Bots use the colt a bit more often, as much as they use the Walther.

Vehicles:
- Bots fire mounted machineguns much more effectively.
- Bots fire other stationary weapons much more effectively, such as the Defgun, Pak40, flak cannons etc.
- Bots fire tank shells further.
- Bots fire artillery shells much further.
- Bots in aircraft now attack ground targets much more often.
- Bot dogfighting skills increased.
- Bots now bail out of badly damaged vehicles more often.

Global effects
- SAI aggression greatly increased; expect heavy AI resistance and bigger battles.
- Bots more accurate on foot and in vehicles.

Other changes
- Crosshairs turned off on vehicles and infantry.
- 3rd person soldier view activated.
- Nametages and hit indication turned off during COOP games.

Possible changes:
- Give bots ability to choose rifles and pistols better.
- Might consider allowing bots to throw grenades at enemy infantry.

Things that I would like to do, but cannot and will not for various reasons:

BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM
- Bots to use expacks and C4.
- Bots to use some radio commands sensibly.
- Bots to fly helicopters a bit better (and get rid of that 'rollercoaster' effect!)
- Fix certain AI bugs, including bot stalling, idling, and strange 'player presence' behaviour...
- Bots to be made much more aggressive, including the SAI.
- Bots to use the Huey and chinook winch to pickup and drop off ground vehicles.
- Bots to be able to land helicopters to pick up and drop off troops.
- Bots to bail out of badly damaged vehicles.
- Bots to use the Loach (Little Bird), Sampan and Tango as often as any other vehicle, and to make them drive them properly.
- Bots to use the wrench and medpacks.
- Bots to use the Car-15 underslung grenadelauncher.
- Bots to fire the Cobra machinegun.
- Bots to fire from the open positions on BTR-60s.
- Many, many other things I'd like to see them do.
(I had the following coded in, but removed them because of poor bot behaviour)
- Bots to use punji sticks.
- Bots to use the blowtorch.
- Bots to use binoculars to call for artillery.
- Bots to deploy and use mortars.

BATTLEFIELD 1942 (and expansion packs)
- Bots to use the expacks and other demolition charges.
- Bots to use radio commands.
- Would like to increase SAI aggressiveness.
- Would like to increase personal bot skills.
- Bots to fire the tank coaxial machinegun better than they currently do.
- Many, many other things I'd like to see them do.

Well, can't really say that its TRULY over. Like i said in the considerations. I found out today that in BFV, claymores don't need the detonators to explode, so that might be useful for teh bots...

Last edited by Grenademan; 01-23-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:24 AM

I'm just currently mapping for my mod.

Thing that pisses me off is in the MED, there's about 30 terrains, but about 13-14 of them are the same!

Basically Nova have ''mis1'' (Mission 1), ''mis2'' (Mission 2) terrains, etc. But the thing is, that most of the missions use the same terrains. So Nova were only making it look like there were heaps of terrains! Bloody turds...

And I'm not sure if you can ''remove stuff from the game'' when you're running a mod.

Basically when you're running a mod .pff, everything in that mod .pff is used instead of the default .pff. So e.g: if there was ''BHD_main.tga'' in the main .pff, if I put in my own version of ''BHD_main.tga'' in my mod .pff, it'll use the mod .pff's one instead!

The thing is, I dunno how to make it so that when you run the mod .pff, it will disable something from being used in the default .pff... :S

I'm taking a break from OFP Medding for a while lol. :S

Chris
Old 01-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
chris, thats just there to show people what terrains they used in those missions. people would really figure that the mis1, mis2 have the same terrain but nova did that to designate what terrains they used.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 01-24-2007, 03:38 PM

Yeah I know but still... :S

Right now I'm going to look up info on the M21, M24, W300, and the Barret and see if the magnification info in the game for the guns are correct.

And also, I wanted to make it so that you run fast when you have a sidearm in your hand but I forgot how... or was it something else?

* Edit:
Hey Mauser, can you give me a hand bro?

It says on Wikipedia about the M21 for Optics:
Optics: A Bausch & Lomb Tactical 10×40 scope, or sometimes Leupolds MK4 10x scopes.

How much zoom would a 10x40 have lol? I'm definitely stuck lol...

M24:
Sights: 10 x 42 Leupold Ultra M3A telescopic sight (Mil-Dot), detachable emergency iron sights (Redfield Palma International).

^ I don't get that either...

Trying to find info on the MCRT .300...

Going to do the Barret later...

Chris

Last edited by Chrispy; 01-24-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:56 PM

Found some minor problems with the artillery units in BFV...Turns out their range might be way too long, so they neglect firing. Changed that, so now maybe they fire better. Made some other slight changes here and there in both games.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
well incase u havent checked my xfire profile, i got BF2 with every single expansion; green, blue, and orange. and also 2142 if u havent just looked down at my sig.

well its a lot of fun hosting coop lan by myself with 48 bots on 16 person maps, but heres the problem. i can only do 16 person maps, so mauser i was wondering if u had a mod or something for bf2 so i can do 32 and 64 person maps so i can play over a wide area with my 48 bottys.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 01-25-2007, 12:17 PM

lol. i checked the DEF files in DFX and they got the bullet radius for the .308 M24 SWS set to 0.024m that is a 0.944 bullet size, the real deal is a 0.308 size bullet witch would be
0.0078m in size, unless ya start in the SKS rifles witch would be the bullet would have to be .311 fer that is the size of the bore of the barrel, i need to send them a ballistics calculations book, lol.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:08 PM

You know the four sniper rifles in BHD Mauser? The M21, M24, W300, and Barret? Are the scope magnifications correct?

I seriously need your help 'cause I want those magnifications to be realistic lol. Seriously!

And I think Nova intentionally made things unrealistic for the weapons (range, etc.) as well to be honest. Just incase dumbasses will start wingeing saying ''He's a cheater!'' and all that crap...

That's why front-liner likes bots so much lol. Hehe...

Umm... and yeah... it be good if you lent me a hand Mauser lol.

Chris