Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by front-liner ™
Major...HUGE...GIGANTIC breathrough in my tweaking adventures.

Bots now use anti-vehicle and anti-infantry mines with deadly abandon. They now even use caltrops in those nasty face-to-face situations.

But still much more needs to be done...and where's Mauser!?
GJ.

Now since I know eff all about .dds files, and some stuff won't display, I've ''disabled'' some of the stuff in the MED for now.

They might be of use in the future.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-06-2007, 12:02 AM

I might change my mind about the stuff I put in from other mods...

Firstly, my mate DareDevil here at NovaHQ was gonna ask the modders about me adding their stuff in. But they seem pretty inactive and ''hyped'' up. Also, it'll save my stress and also I can then say that the mod is 100% credited to me lol. I'll also lose some file size too!

I'm still gonna keep the .pff as it is, and then I'm gonna make a copy and get all that crap out lol.

I think the general reason is so I don't get as stressed.

But I gotta make up for all that time and do more revamps!

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black

Last edited by Chrispy; 01-06-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Some vital information has been passed onto me by a fellow elite BF AI coder...

He has given me the key to make bots DEADLY ACCURATE!!! I shall test it out ASAP.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

lol, here i am, just been taking out everything that isnt there in real life an adding somethings that are.

got tired of seing the crosshairs in my FOV so tookem out, got tired of the flag icons being in the FOV so tookem out.

im trying to teach the ai guys more by taking out the tank they learnt to do without and became more dangerious and put it back in and thay learn another thing.

thats how they learned to use the C4, i took out the SRAW and ERYX and then they started to use the C4 and the emplaced weapons, and when i put the SRAW and ERYX back in they still used the C4 and also the ERYX and SRAW.

i take out and alternate the weapons and vehicles and they seam to learn diffrent stratigies for each diffrent weapon and vehicle and makesem more dangerious, lol.

now im trying to see what they can and cant learn, everytime they learn something new i learn to counteract it and it keeps escalating, lol.

oh and yes it was origonally about BF2 but now anything goes, lol.
i like to mod em both so it NP here.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:36 PM

You guys are lucky.

The BF AI teaches itself. BHD AI is controlled by the map and the attributes it has. So in order for a friendly in BHD to do something any BF bot can easily do, it will probably involve dozens of events, area triggers, etc.

But hey!, I'm doing the Readme for my mod.

Yesterday I revamped the ''select02'' .wav file which makes a ''click'' sound play when you click something. Rather than a boring click I got one of those beasty LW reloading sounds lol. xD

And that was the last sound I did lol. All the other gun sounds are pretty much:
LOL hehe...

And Chief, let me get this right:
This thread did start off about BF2 modding, but now it's basically us three modding our own games. (I saw your post before you editted it.)
Mauser was the one who started this damn thread and he's got no problem at all. In fact, he's helped me bring out the best of myself in modding. Same goes for front-liner too! *Thumbs up!*

Chris
Old 01-06-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauser 98K
lol, here i am, just been taking out everything that isnt there in real life an adding somethings that are.

got tired of seing the crosshairs in my FOV so tookem out, got tired of the flag icons being in the FOV so tookem out.

im trying to teach the ai guys more by taking out the tank they learnt to do without and became more dangerious and put it back in and thay learn another thing.

thats how they learned to use the C4, i took out the SRAW and ERYX and then they started to use the C4 and the emplaced weapons, and when i put the SRAW and ERYX back in they still used the C4 and also the ERYX and SRAW.

i take out and alternate the weapons and vehicles and they seam to learn diffrent stratigies for each diffrent weapon and vehicle and makesem more dangerious, lol.

now im trying to see what they can and cant learn, everytime they learn something new i learn to counteract it and it keeps escalating, lol.

oh and yes it was origonally about BF2 but now anything goes, lol.
i like to mod em both so it NP here.
Hmmm...very interesting. I wont let my bots use claymores or C4 charges because of the detonators required to set them off. That'll take aeons of coding for teh bots to do that, and its hard enough just to get them tp place a frigging mortar tube down. They use EVERYTHING else but fail to set down the mortar.

Its starting to really, really get on my nerves now. I get irritated each time i see an NVA bot roaming map with a tube in his hands...grrrr.

So Mauser, found those ai radio commands?
Old 01-06-2007, 11:14 PM

Hey Mauser and front-liner, wanna hear my new shotgun sound I revamped?

Now since that .zip I sent was corrupt and it was about 7-80KB it got corrupt, I'm gonna post seperate replies with the three attachments.

One is the shotgun sound from LW, from BHD, and the two put together!

Here's the LW one!

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip lw_shotgun.zip (20.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-06-2007, 11:17 PM

BHD one!

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip bhd_shotgun.zip (43.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-06-2007, 11:18 PM

And the combined!

Just hope no-one thinks I'm spamming...

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip combined_shotgun.zip (49.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-07-2007, 12:52 AM

Hmm... wonder why the Deep Jungle mod took out all of Nova's stock crap, missions, etc.

Now I've got ''XCEL'' and ''XCEL LITE''. XCEL LITE is the current one I'm using now and basically it has the new objects, etc. taken out. When I tested out a mission, for some reason some of the trees were the jungle trees! Wonder why in the Deep Jungle mod the stock stuff was taken out. Some things just clash...

And I completed two missions in the Deep Jungle mod, outta about eight. Only to realize that those missions are in the campaign! Meh, I'm gonna start the campaign regardless!

Chris
Old 01-07-2007, 02:21 AM

Yep. Smells like spam lol. Surely you didnt need to start a new post for each?

Nothing to report on my end. Except that im just fine-tuning bot weapons.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:58 AM

Made some unbelievable advances in Battlefield 1942.

I stalled my tweaking on Vietnam till i can find out some way to sort out the mortar/binocular conundrum, and decided to work on the '42 bots to enable some items for them.

1. Bots now use knives correctly (even better than in BFV)
2. Bots use landmines (again, even better than BFV)
3. Bot aggression has been greatly increased. Its insane.
4. Bots now call for artillery barrage correctly. And again, they do it 500% more effectively than in Vietnam. Its so much more better now, bu twhats wierd, is that it was so damn easy to code the items into BF42.

And yet, its near impossible to do it in Vietnam. Confused, I am.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:19 PM

GJ guys.

I've found this 1MB TerraNova EXP thing I found at the Mod Depot for BHD. It looks like I could probably use this in my mod without permission as it seems as free for download and heck.

So, you still modding BF2 Mauser? And did you download any Mod Managers and such to help you out?

And front-liner, just... hey! Are you going to make your tweaks into a mod?

Chris
Old 01-07-2007, 05:28 PM

WTF... for some reason I haven't changed any system settings and now the scrolling for the mouse is FAST!
I loved the slow one...

BTW, I just completed a Deep Jungle mission too. It's scary as ****. It's called ''Grave of God'' where you gotta get these diplomats. I saw a f'king skeleton too in there walking!

Here's some SSs BTW:

Well no luck tweaking the .lwf files. The .lwf files hold the BHD music but they're actually in an image format for some reason... so ''XnView'' and ''LuraWave SmartCompress 3.0'' couldn't do the trick.

In the Deep Jungle mod there's different music... I might want to use the .lwf in there but I want my mod to be 100% mine tho' lol.

Chris
Old 01-07-2007, 06:02 PM

nope cant find the radio files, guess im in the wrong folder.
looked at over 12,000 lines of codes and such but still no luck.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:12 PM

Well, since I couldn't ''make'' any .lwf files, I knew that some of the great in-mission music in the game was good. So let's say e.g: the music for the 16th mission is called ''SPBHD_16.lwf'', basically I changed that to ''dfVmenu.lwf'' to make it play that music at the menu but no luck. I even did ''dfvgame.lwf'' and no luck.

BTW Mauser, I took off the crosshairs for the guns that have them to make things more realistic. I dunno whether you done that but hey!, gonna test out the mod later on today.

Chris
Old 01-07-2007, 09:33 PM

took my crosshairs off to force myself to use the sights on the guns and to make it more realistic.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauser 98K
took my crosshairs off to force myself to use the sights on the guns and to make it more realistic.
Same here mate. Its a hell of a lot harder now.

I managed to get the bots in BFV to use blowtorches. You should have seen them burning the faces off of each other. I also reditted EVERY weapon ai strength, so now the bots use their selections more sensibly.

No worries with the radio commands Mauser. I'll keep looking and trying though.

And Chris, about turning my AI tweaks into a mod for all to enjoy? Probably not . It depends really because there are already two other AI mods out on the internet, so mine wouldnt make much of a difference....unless you want arty spotting bots...
Old 01-07-2007, 11:48 PM

lmao, id like to see them lighting themselves ablaze.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:11 AM

Same here Mauser, for the realism lol.

I just recombined all those sounds I did BTW too, just incase I made one sound ''better'' than the other. I like them all at the same rate, etc. You know me, I like to be a logical, clean-ass freak, blah blah!

Right now I'm just making maps for my mod. I wanna try to get them as ''Novaish'' as possible lol.

E.g: Make cryptic/metaphorical names, like ''Salems Lot'', ''Pig Skin'', etc. And have A and B versions of one map. (If you didn't know, they have ''A'' for having Blue and Red on one side, and ''B'' to switch over. )

I was gonna change the font in the game. Now to change it, you have to try and ''trick'' the game. So if there's a font called ''Arial11.fnt'' for example, get a font you really like and rename it to ''Arial11.fnt'' and put it in the .pff.

BTW, I added an 'LAV Armory'' into the game! So it's like going to a vehicle to go get some more ammo, etc! In the ''ITEMS.def'' file, in order to make a new vehicle, etc. you have to make a profile for it. Now if you copy the original LAV and paste and change the profile a bit into a ''new vehicle'', it won't work. You can't share the same .3di! So basically I got the ''fLAV.3di'' and made ''fLAV2.3di'' and did the same with the graphic (.pcx) to show you what it is (.3di and .pcx have to have the same name). I then added text to the ''fLAV2.pcx'' and added ''ARMORY VERSION'' and yah.

And fark, Nova are so bloody sloppy. If you look into the .def files, they aren't that ''good'' with things. Some things are just randomly placed, some things are uppercase and lowercase, etc. Some things aren't spaced out correctly. Even if this doesn't affect the gameplay, etc. it still is a bloody pain lol. You are right front-liner, Nova are one of the greediest game companies. In fact, I actually kinda like it when Nova are taking so long to release a PC game (more better effort, etc.). And they tried to keep us company by revamping TS and adding a new feature so you can buy and download games at the NovaLogic site lol.

I'd like to see more SSs of your bots in action Mauser and front-liner.

And Mauser, if you're getting ''fooked'' of ImageShack, go to:
http://www.photobucket.com/

It keeps track of your images so you can see them in thumbnails, etc. You can add videos, have 1GB of storage, etc. This way, it's kinda better. But hey! Your choice.

GL guys. Same for me too! I deserve more credit than yous!
(Jokes lol.)

Chris