Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 01-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I Really Need Help About Stopping Weird Emails

I Really Need Help About Stopping Weird Emails

Somehow right now, every two days or so, I am getting weird emails about crap I do not want starting from the
VIP Affiliates crap, to this stupid pharmacy deals.

Someone might be using the family email to send stuff to companies or whatever, and if I block them it really is not gonna make a difference, why? Cause there are always different companies sending different spam so if you block a sender they would not send a message to you but more will and you might as well block all of them.

Can someone help me please?

I use Outlook Express and want to keep it straight, and I want to stop whoever is hoaxing me.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-17-2006, 12:14 AM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

did you click on a link that is supposed to un subscribe to their e-mails.
even thoe ya do that it sometimes dont work.
i dont get spam or advertisement e-mails anymore.
a week after i sighened up with yahoo, i started getting bombarded with spam advertisements.
i klicked the unsubscribe link but i was still on their list after a month.
so i quoted the phrase that said that i had registered with them or 1 of their afileates, althoe i had not used my email with any1 but my freinds.
i had never given it out or anything, so i wrote them a little e-mail that went something like this.

hello, i am writing this because i have been hurasses by yall for the last 2 months, and despite the fact i have clicked the unsubscribe link 7 times i am still being bombarded with spam and junk e-mails.
i have read in these spam e-mails that i am supposed to have registered with yall or 1 of you afiliates.
i have not registered with yall or any1 else, and if yall got my information, you have gotten it illegally, and if some1 has forged my info on any form requesting advertisements,then the party that has forged my info is guilty of a crime and if i dont stop reciving advertisements from your company i will dispatch the cyber patroll on your dumb asses, and let the feds figure out what to do with you.

the spam advertisements stoped the next day, lol
Old 01-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
fyi clicking the unsubscribe link of spam emails is the worst thing u can do. it's just a trick. the spammers send a few million emails to random addresses, if click unsubscribe, they know it's an actual working address and then add you to a list of real email addresses. they then proceed to send more stuff and / or sell your address to other ppl to spam
Old 01-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
did you ever posted your e-mail address in the forum any place? it may have gotting leeched by a spammer who is sending them out to all.

never post up your e-mail in open public forum.

post in forum:
bad way: jesus@ohgodland.com
good way: jesus at ohgodland dot com

some time clicking on unsubscribe link will tell the spammer this is a real e-mail address and they in turn may remove you from their sender listing, but they may turn around and sell it to others.

spam e-mail can be generated by sending out to other even unknown e-mails, they get a hit they don't know? by clicking on "unsubscribe" now they know it for real actvie e-mail address.

they can search the internet to see what e-mails been posted up in them forum and get the active e-mail address in turn send out ads e-mails.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-18-2006, 03:56 PM

I Solved Some Problems

I Solved Some Problems

Well, actually, I looked on the Microsoft site and I found out that on Outlook Express I can make
Message Rules, I made it so that anything with the word spam will be deleted.

The trick was my Internet Service Provider has a filter that blocks spam, it does not actually block spam I think, but it labels spam in the subject of the email to tell it is spam, so I made it so that anything that said spam in the subject gets deleted. No more spam for me today.

And I never subscribed or told the family email to anyone.

They probably picked 1000 random emails and sent 1000 spam emails and stuff.
Adding to what Mauser said, I actually hate Yahoo. I hate Yahoo cause it has ads like Google, it
installed a toolbar on my computer without even me knowing, the only thing I used to like about that site was you could play internet pool, well, now you have to be 18, 18 or over. But I think spam is a way to make people worried. The thing I hate about spam is that when you go to sleep that message falls on you, you think that everyday you are gonna recieve spam, and get it forever until you die and you have to delete it everyday. If you ever get spam everyday I know the solution.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Chief ADFP

you know that will block all e-mails 98% even novahq.net e-mails notice to you.

most host e-mail service place a notice "this is not spam" into the body of the e-mail as to let you know that they was ask to send the e-mail to you.

bad thing to do, that a over kill.

best thing to do is update the listing of wording to block like a company name they are using of a person name. then if you get a newer e-mail and it has another name you can go into the rules and add-in a new name to the listing by click-on the rule and look up the word in it, then add a new word to the listing.

best add-in e-mail address to block be better, any e-mail come from them be deleted from the e-mail server and not come to you at all.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:34 PM

When I get NHQ Emails they go in my Hotmail address.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --
Old 01-20-2006, 02:01 PM
DogSoldier~MLK~ is offline DogSoldier~MLK~

in regards to that yahoo toolbar that will only install if you select it to be installed otherwise it will not be installed..like when installing msn 7 it asks if you want the msn toolbar or not

__________________________________________________ _______

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
ASUS AMD 939 SKT K8S-MX
Windows XP SP2
2 x 512MB DDR400 PC3200
Ati Radeon HD 2400 XT 256MB
200GB Hard Drive
160GB Hard Drive
Akuma Case Silver
Old 01-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Chief ADFP

i use ICQ it come with google search eng without any adware in it at all. i think a person instill a toolbar they are asking for it. i think all toolbars have adware in them and even yahoo, aol,MSN are the big adware people around and there are some other that not will known but they too have adware.

best ask around if you looking for a search eng to use ether use a site to search out for key-words or a IM like ICQ that come with a search eng in it. like ICQ Lite or ICQ Pro both have a clean none adware search eng in them. google and not the google toolbar it has adware, but the ICQ it has none at all. ICQ work with AOL IM users too.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

most times the emails all completly random.. if the message dosen't bounce then most likely it's a real email address...

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 01-22-2006, 01:30 AM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Yea Chris but it dont matter cause sometimes outlook ive noticed and msn and all that consider some sites adware and spam!Sometimes on MSN i look and find out it put emails that werent spam that were from friends and some gaming forums in spam folder.So on outlook i usually have to make message rules statign which folder every website that sends me mail in!As for making one for anything that says spam wont help!You just need to try unscribing like Chief and them said.The people emailing you will change there email sometimes and keep emailing u everytime u block from different email.Like you will block one then somethign tells there email to mail from different email there using and keeps going.All you have to do is if your getting too many emails make 2 separate accounts!Or try banning email by ip which u might be able to do in Outlook i know i use it and pretty sure you can especially if you ask outlook how!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 01-24-2006, 02:21 PM

Well, I get emails from one source now, and that is one company called PIFR. Or PIFR whatever.
I sent them an email and typed in what Mauser said about the Cyber Patrol and all.
I took 'spam' off the Message Rules and others as well related to 'bulk' and instead I put
in what the email says since they are now practically all the same. It goes in the Deleted Items Folder when deleted but I want it already deleted permanently, so rather than in the Deleted Items Folder, it is already deleted permanently.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --