Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
''Value'' and ''Tilt''

In game reviews, when I see the ratings for things like gameplay, graphics, etc. I also see ''Value'' and ''Tilt''.

What exactly does ''Value'' mean in game reviews? I know what it means in general though. Would a high ''Value'' rating mean the game is relatively cheap in cost? Etc?

What does ''Tilt'' mean also? Does that mean how flexible the game is, in terms of what you can do?

Thanks.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-16-2007, 07:58 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
link us a review i have never noticed that before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 04-16-2007, 08:11 PM

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...ii/review.html

Go crazy.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-16-2007, 08:59 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
You read their "About Our Rating system"? The url is right over their rating.

Taken from their "About Our Rating system":

"......
Value
By value, we're referring to how long you'll be able to both play and enjoy the game, and also how much replay value you'll get out of it. Breadth of gameplay options and overall volume of content both weigh heavily into this score. The retail price of a game can also figure into the value score, as can the presence or lack of similar, competitive products in the market. The overall quality of a game also has some impact on its value.

Reviewer's Tilt (Tilt)
While this component is not intended to be directly representative of our overall experience with a game, we use it to influence the overall rating one way or another, based on our overall experience. For instance, a technically impressive game that's highly unoriginal may be tilted low, while a game with a truly outstanding story but an unremarkable presentation may be tilted high.

....."

url it was taken from: http://www.gamespot.com/misc/reviewguidelines.html
Old 04-16-2007, 09:43 PM

Thanks dude. Cheers!

* Edit:
I understand Tilt when I read it, but it seems awfully weird. I might need some help understanding that a bit more...

Chris

Last edited by Chrispy; 04-16-2007 at 10:54 PM.