Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Web design and Programming
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Web design and Programming Discuss website creation and other programming topics.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Terry is offline Terry

iframe problem...

if your one of these people that doesnt like iframes, please dont reply with "DONT USE IFRAMES" or anything else like that.

right. the problem im getting is my iframe keeps resizing itself. probably easily solved and is something really obvious causing it but i cant find it and its really starting to get on my tits now.

www.cyph3r.co.uk

open the site, then open ur favourites and close em again, or simple resize your internet explorer. basically, if the web page gets moved at all, the middle iframe shrinks in height.

the height and width properties are set at "100%" currently, but feel free to check my code over to see if u see anything wrong.

also, would be interesting to know if peope using firefox or opera get the same problem with it, so those of u that use any browser besides IE, please let me know.

thx

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 01-25-2006, 03:37 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
you try setting the height property for the div tag just before your iframe to 100%?

Just a thought...

IcI
Old 01-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Terry is offline Terry

Hmmm, you know what, no, i didn't think of that, tho you would have thought I would have done. See, told you it would probably be something obvious. Gonna give that a try now...

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 01-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Terry is offline Terry

Hmm no doesnt seem to have sorted it. Offline, it shrinks it everytime I load the page. I think I may know what the problem is now.

I think its something to do with an empty cell row on the left column. Its setting the 100% height to match with that...

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 01-25-2006, 07:46 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Is that cell needed? maybe do a <td colspan=2> and merge the empty cell and the one with the iframe into one.

IcI
Old 02-02-2006, 02:24 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
try changing it to cols="100%" or look up on google cols and rows, i think thats the right syntax

PS: Ijust went to that site - maybe change that music into a music player - obnoxious that it auto-loads.

Last edited by BeBop; 02-02-2006 at 02:36 PM.