Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_OJB_DF645
Look in the game directory bro. And also, find any .def files, and .ini files. Any file that can be viewed by Notepad...

Chris
Ummm. Chris, the Battlefield game files are a HELL OF A LOT different to BHD game files. You need a special program to open, edit and view them. Notepad WILL NOT WORK with them.

But i have the program required to carry out my own...tweaking.

Mauser, you have inspired me to start fiddling with the bot configurations for both BF42 and Vietnam.
Most of my success lies in Battlefield Vietnam, where the bots have suddenly, and without warning, gone absolutely insane. Like as if ive stirred up a hornet's nest.
These few but effective success will keep me going...might even start making some maps of my own...
Old 01-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
- BATTLEFIELD 1942 -

Hmm... I thought I was in the BF1942 section but it was the BF2142 section and I found a bot editor lol.

Well, check this damn link out front-liner:
http://battlefield2.filefront.com/fi...Utilities;1391

^ There's bot editors, bot names, WTF, etc.

Here's a HUD tool BTW as well:
http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/Hud_Tool;17886

^ This says that with one key the HUD can disappear... so it might also take off the crosshair. I dunno...

- BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM -

Hmm... nothing lol.

Well, check this out:
http://battlefield2.filefront.com/fi...ietnam;42index

^ Unfortunately, only stupid mod managers...

Here's a tweaking guide BTW:
http://battlefield2.filefront.com/fi...es/Guides;3425

However, if you wanna get crazy, you might as well make a mod for BFV or BF1942 that has what ''you need''...:
http://battlefield2.filefront.com/fi...pment_Kit;3432

^ I highly recommend not though.

Now, I haven't downloaded these so don't think this is going to help much. I haven't even played any of BF by the way too lol. :S

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

did your BF42 come with battlefield mod development toolkit, mine did.
i belive that you are looking for the .rfa files in the Battlefield 1942/mods/xpack1/archives/Objects.rfa.

in there you can edit the weapons ballistics, damage, armor vehicles, ships, cars, etc.

you can download a copy of the battlefield mod development tookit >.....HERE.......<
Old 01-01-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by front-liner ™
Ummm. Chris, the Battlefield game files are a HELL OF A LOT different to BHD game files. You need a special program to open, edit and view them. Notepad WILL NOT WORK with them.

But i have the program required to carry out my own...tweaking.

Mauser, you have inspired me to start fiddling with the bot configurations for both BF42 and Vietnam.
Most of my success lies in Battlefield Vietnam, where the bots have suddenly, and without warning, gone absolutely insane. Like as if ive stirred up a hornet's nest.
These few but effective success will keep me going...might even start making some maps of my own...
Same here Mauser lol. You've inspired me to get my ass into modding more!

What do you think of the ''new'' CAR15 sound?

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-01-2007, 07:02 PM

lmao, i had my headphones on and the volume was all way up, scared the piss outof me, lol.

sound good thoe.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:56 PM

Yeah, both BF42 and Nam came with a mod toolkit. I used the Winrfa to get into those juicy rfa files. But alas, EA/DICE has hidden the actual bot handweapon files from me, so i cant really find out a way for bots to use other weapons besides their primary ones and anti-tank ones.

But im quiet happy with how my tweaks have turned out. I've got bot controlled cobras firing two missiles, ive got assault Hueys firing their machinegun like there's no tomorrow. Tanks are now firing at better ranges. They've gone nuts!

I'll take a look through those links you provided, Chris. But chances are ive already graced them with my presence lol
Old 01-01-2007, 08:22 PM

Here's the 2nd mission I did today... awesome lol:

Now just to tell you guys that this mod had LW voice-overs in it. I wonder how Vlad (creator) extracted them out of the .pff. The LW sounds in the ''Dflw.pff'' are hidden in a .pwf. I use DFLW Tools to open the .pwf but it doesn't bloody extract!

Thanks to DAREDEVIL=CP= here, he's gonna finally ask the modders if I can actually use the objects, etc. in my mod. I'm not planning on putting everything in there, just enough to give the user some ''variety''.

Chris
Old 01-02-2007, 01:27 AM

I downloaded the latest DFLW Tools of NovaSheep and fark it displays ads and pop-ups in the damn program! But it can extract the .wav files. But when I exitted and went to see the .wav files, it automatically EXTRACTED ALL 710 DFLW SOUNDS! (17.7MB!)

I'm only planning on using the DFLW sounds for the Barret and the MP5. The only reason why I'm doing this as it's hard to imagine the sounds suiting the appearance of the gun. And also, for some of the guns, there's more than one sound for it. So the AT4 for instance, has a sound that's for hearing 100m away, one for 200m away, etc. So if I get replace the original AT4 sound, it won't suit the other AT4 sounds...

I've now made some things more realistic. The Med Pack you use to med someone is not limited to 10 rather than unlimited. I've made the MK19 Grenade Launcher have only 48 rounds too lol. Finding out info for the .50cal now.

Now, I dunno the default number of rounds the .50 carries but I presume it's 500.

Gonna test the mod out.

Chris
Old 01-02-2007, 08:59 AM

lol, sorry Mauser, it seems we've taken over your thread .

On a side note, my tweaking skills have now forced the BFV bots to use their pistols! For teh first time ever! And flawlessly too. They're also starting to fire from the sides of choppers which is uber cool. Still, there's a lot more to do.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by front-liner ™
lol, sorry Mauser, it seems we've taken over your thread .
lol.

when i modded my bf1942 game i had to mod the Object/items/USkits in the objects.rfa files for the germans and us inorder to get diffrent weapons but if not done rite the game wont start.

the kits section controlls all the weapons that are in your loadout modding ythis ya can get diffrent weapons ingame.

in BF2 all ya got to do is go into the objects server zip folder located in the mods/ BF2 section and find kits and mod the aproperate one that you want to change, ya can do this thru notepad but ya got to cut and past it to a diffrent folder for modding and right click the part of the kit you want to mod and untick the read only box inorder to mod it.

and after you mod it just save it and cut and past it back into the folder it came out of.

same with the weapons, in the objects server zip file look for weapons/handheld and find the weapon you want to mod and cut past it to the desktop of other folder for modding, you are looking for the weapon TWEAK file in the weapon folder that you want to mod.

in there you can change ballistics, fire rates,bullet speed,ammo count, etc.

but as with everything i recomend making a backup of everything you want to mod in case something ends up getting goofy and ya can undo it.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 01-02-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:34 PM

Well, I got this error because I used this weird ''character'' .def in my mod. I deleted it and it's all good now. When I had the .def in, and hosted a test server, I'd automatically be dead and invisible lol.

And for some reason I got this error message about ''ITEMS.def''; it's the file that lists what you can use in the MED (Mission Editor). I'm not sure if the ''character'' .def is causing it though. Because ITEMS.def no matter what's invalid in it will have nothing to do with the game itself.

I gotta test it out today though. If the error comes up again, I can just redo the original really...

BTW, with the .50cal damnit! In the ''weapon.def'' file, I set the total rounds to 500 and the starting rounds to 500. Instead, when I play, I've got 0 bullets outta 500 and no muzzle flash! And damnit there's no two AT4s and no 12 grenades too... (It must be because I forgot to add the changes to the weapon profiles as well.)

But anyways, for some reason in the game when I fire the Barret, the sound's kinda low volume. It's the Barret sound from LW I used. In Media Player, it sounds as loud as the other sounds, but in the game, it's slightly lower. I've gotta get a program to make the sound louder (Nero Wave Editor can ''change volume'' but it won't do it, and Sound Recorder doesn't preserve the freakin' quality). Meh, besides, the Barret does need a louder sound; it's a goddamn powerful gun!

Will check back BTW.

Chris
Old 01-02-2007, 07:23 PM

Okay, I got the default ITEMS.def and basically redid it for my mod (the file now kinda feels more ''cleaner'' lol). Easy lol. And no error too.

When I changed to the Med Pack and clicked med, I got a sysdump.txt. Bloody Nova won't even let me edit the damn attributes of the ammo!

I'm pretty sure to make it so I get 12 grenades at the start I have to edit the ammo count on the top of the text file and in the profile. But the profile is called ''GRENADEHE'' and according to it, it means both the hand grenades and the weapon fired grenades (because it specifies how many hand grenades a class can have. And doesn't ''HE'' mean it's a type to be launched from a barrel?).

I'm downloading ''Audacity'' to increase the Barret sound. I'm going to try and make it 10x louder as if it were a real-life Barret too.

Now Mauser, I've got some .50cal files here in the attachment. The one from BHD sounds more realistic but I might wanna use the LW one (because I want more LW sounds in BHD). Yes there are different kinds of .50cals in real life but the one in LW and BHD are practically the same (except for the modelling and the like).

In the attachment as well Mauser, there's a .wav file called ''50calTail''; that sounds awefully good for a .50cal. I'm going to increase the sound on that too. (''50calTail'' sounds a bit like the .50cal sound in the PS2 version BTW.)
Oh, remember? Don't forgot to lower the volume on your headphones lol.

You seem to know tons of info on guns, ballistics, etc. so if I'm going to get accurate, it's because of you!

Also front-liner, good luck with your toiling around!

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip 50cal_sounds.zip (64.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-02-2007, 07:46 PM

This thread is ours for the taking :P lol

Yes, backing up things is a top priority when doing this stuff.

An update on my tweaking adventures, just got a reply from a battlefield AI master on a single player forum. He's given me some info to make the bots use certain items. I will be testing it out soon...

Hows your AI tweaking coming along, Mauser?
Old 01-02-2007, 10:45 PM

ai is going pretty well, here is a SS of strike at karkland on easy, yes this is easy settings,

expert is almost impossable now(they actually play better than real people now on expert) and if they see you youve had it unless ya can get a round off first, lol.

ya see i got a -12 on the score, lol. i shot a sraw at a t-90 and my dumb teamies parked a LAV in front of it just as it hit, lol.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:08 PM

I feel left out lol... I'm modding a totally different game!

Oh, BTW Mauser, the .50cal attachment above lol.

Oh, and I finally got Audacity and increased the Barret sound. Now I'm gonna test out the mod lol.

A thing that I've done is add invisible sights to the grenades (as if you were looking closer like on Operation Flashpoint lol... You've played OFP Mauser! :P). Yet to test things out lol. :S

Chris
Old 01-02-2007, 11:16 PM

Woops, this is what i got when i tried to open the ZIP sound file.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:34 PM

here is a SS of a modded map this is one of my favorites, this is Strike at Karkand, i took the fog out and increased the viewing distance to 2000m, knotice the semiauto type 88 chinese sniper rifle i got in my hands i added to my US kits.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:10 AM

Easy!? EASY!? Lol good job with creating some monstrous AI. This'll put those anti-bot multiplayers out of their misery!

On my end, I've managed to get bots to use the M79 for teh first time. They also use knives pretty well too. They now use binoculars for artillery strikes, but they just....use it too much. Freakin binocular spamming. They also whip out a mortar tube, but dont do anything with it lol. Just run around with everyone "look what ive got!"

Still much, much more to do.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:08 AM

Well, who cares lol, but here's the attachment again (it works on my comp).

And also, there's some missing files:

Look at the trees! I saw some .dds files that looked important but there was none matching the trees I used...

And the new weather doesn't work either... sheet.

But wait, the gun sounds? Well, I only did the MP5, and the .50cal sounds. The LW sounds and the BHD sounds for the MP5 and .50cal were both realistic sounds so I used Audacity to combine them. I hardly hear any difference, but they're combined and better!

The Barret sound... Audacity can't even increase the damn sound lol. Looking for other editors now really...

I dunno what else I'm gonna do as those trees, etc. make the mod great lol.

* Edit: I've added the .pcx files for the weather so I hope it works now. The .env files are 1KB so how can they display weather lol? So the .pcx files should do the trick.

There's about a hundred .dds files but I think they're shared .dds files, rather than one for one. So in other words, if I had ''tree01.3di'', it doesn't mean there'll be ''tree01.dds''; there's shared .dds and one .3di file will probably need several of them.

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip 50cal_sounds.zip (64.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Chrispy; 01-03-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:54 AM

You really need some kind of...diary or journal to keep track of your adventures dude.

Nothing to report on my end.