Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

why did they do it BF2.

trying to figure out why they put a combat area manager in BF2.
i took it out of the single player maps and there is a whole world to explore outside of the line of death, ya know the line that if ya not carefull ya cross it and ya get shot for desertation.

now i can run it the way i want to instead of being jamed in the center of firefight. i uped the scope power of the M95 Barret.

it dont take 4 shots to kill anymore ya shoot some1 in the chest with M2 Maduce or the M95 in 50BMG and they go down.

i changed all my weapons to real world values(500fps for a 660gr 50BMG i mean comeon thats a poor velocity for a pelletgun) so when ya shoot some1 it actually affects them insteasd of hitting them 5 times point blank with 9mm and they freking knife ya and run around like nothing happened..

i turned solid penetration on for the larger calibur weapons so ya can actually shoot thru a dam bush.

ofcourse ya will also die faster if ya just go in guns blazing not paying attention.

this game has the makings of a truely realistic game but the programming is something to be left desired, i mean a grenade at 10 ft damaging a M1 Abram that will take a hit of a eryx AT round and keep going. ya could probably blow a track with a HE grenade but it would most likely have to be on or in the track itself.

i took out the self repairing part of bridges, a bridge can be rebuilt but it takes some1 onsite and it will not rebuild itself.

same with the radar and artillary and the UAV trailer.

and what is the point of having a armored hummer if the back is open to fire.

1 shot per kill with the LAV-25 turret gun, i mean what is the calibur 20mm+ there is no fleash wound at close range with something like that nd it was taking 3 direct hits to kill with it, the shockwave of the round itself would knock ya out if it came close to ya head( think barking a squrill, same effect).

and explosives are redone to where the clays dont dissapear after ya die, real clays dont dissapear if the person that layed them dies, they are there till the game is over or till they are triggered.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-29-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i added in BF2 into the thread header so members who love it will not pass it by.

sounds great but is it fair? or you basic modded the game right?

in the service when i was in it we lay clays out and cover them up, but we did make a map were they was located at.

down side to this you can still walk right into them and they will kill you as fast as other coming into the zone as will.

there is a back blast area as will. that will kill as will.

real life one do not shot rocket inside a helicopter ether it will blowup it and one will die asap as will.

funny way gamers can get away with? but in real world you get kill once it the end of you, use a weapon in a way that will kill you and other on your team.

Use a Rocket of any type and of minnes/clays lay them out with a trip-wire or remote control trcker safer.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-29-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:53 PM

yup just a mod to the game itself, what is done is done to me included so i have no unnatural advantage.

took me a hour to get used to the new gameplay but after playing this after a few days none of the other games i got is even a challenge, lol.

i only play it offline need a faster connection for multiplayer, so not cheating or anything.
just got tired of getting knifed by the ai after i shoot them 5 times.

scary part is that i think my game is learning from me, i pittled around wit the ai setting a bit and i find them doing some of the same things that i have done, they are getting sneaky and supprised me the other day, i was trying to capture a spawnpoint in Dilian Plant and 1 enemy ai was shooting at me from the front and while i was preocupied with him another1 came up behind me and shot me in the head, lol.

they are getting better.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 12-29-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Chief ADFP

will thats good.

ai knifing you to much? then node them to hell they will not scream your cheating lol
Old 12-29-2006, 05:04 PM

yup im trying to add more bots and take out the respawn thingy so as to force me to think things thru, i might not like it thoe, lol.
i fall off a building or my teamies run me over im out fer the count, lol.
ai teamies show a real talent for freindly fire and running me over with the buggies.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Thats funny K98, i did teh same thing in Battlefield Vietnam. I turned 'freecam' on during a game and I roamed out into the no-go zone. The funny thing was, it looked the same as the actual fighting area itself! Only that there were no buildings, people or vehicles.

I shall try to set out for that way while im still alive to see how far i get before spontaneously combusting.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
i added in BF2 into the thread header so members who love it will not pass it by.

sounds great but is it fair? or you basic modded the game right?

in the service when i was in it we lay clays out and cover them up, but we did make a map were they was located at.

down side to this you can still walk right into them and they will kill you as fast as other coming into the zone as will.

there is a back blast area as will. that will kill as will.

real life one do not shot rocket inside a helicopter ether it will blowup it and one will die asap as will.

funny way gamers can get away with? but in real world you get kill once it the end of you, use a weapon in a way that will kill you and other on your team.

Use a Rocket of any type and of minnes/clays lay them out with a trip-wire or remote control trcker safer.
LOL Chief. Might as well put a clay near your neighbour's door, knock on the door and run away lol. Hehe...

GJ Mauser. I myself is doing something to BHD. I'm planning on putting more real sounds to the guns in BHD (some sounds are a bit to basic and ''toonish'' lol), and adding some LW gun sounds to keep the feel in lol.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-30-2006, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauser 98K
yup im trying to add more bots and take out the respawn thingy so as to force me to think things thru, i might not like it thoe, lol.
i fall off a building or my teamies run me over im out fer the count, lol.
ai teamies show a real talent for freindly fire and running me over with the buggies.
Wait...you play with bots? Good on ya! Bots FTW! I love my Battlefield bots. They might be a bit stupid in all aspects, but its still fun.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
By: Chris
LOL Chief. Might as well put a clay near your neighbour's door, knock on the door and run away lol. Hehe...
please don't give anyone Ids ok

by the way if you set up a clay there no need to knock on any ones door! it be autoset using trip-wire. it blowup on it own.

so if they like to sleep late it will still blowup as they open the door and take a step-out
Old 12-30-2006, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
please don't give anyone Ids ok
Ids?

Reiterate please lol.

* Edit: Oh, ideas lol. Hey, don't worry, I don't think anyone's stupid enough to do that; hence it's a joke.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-30-2006, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_OJB_DF645
I don't think anyone's stupid enough to do that
Chris
You'd be surprised. People have put children into dryers and turned the machine on while the kid is in there.

So if some idiot got a hold of a claymore and know how to use it, then yes, you can expect them to do this to some poor bloke whos just gotten home from a hard days work. The world is full of idiots. :/
Old 12-30-2006, 08:24 PM

i was in the strike at karkand and i got over 125 kills , its getting mad in there the bots are now doing wave tactics, lol.

they are starting to set traps for me, thell run up to my tank and put c4 on it and blow me up and now they are droping c4 at the spawn points and blow up any1 who trys to take it over.

they are tryingto learn putting c4 on the enemy vehicls and blowing them when some1 get in one.

they are getting scary im waiting for them to take over my pc, lol.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
dang mauser, is this yet to be an official mod or what? i would go out and gladly buy bf2 for the singleplayer if your mod was out for everyone.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 12-31-2006, 12:43 AM

You bloody right need to get this into a mod Mauser. If you want to be fancy, I can get some installation programs and etc. for ya.

BTW front-liner, yeah agreed.

Chris
Old 12-31-2006, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mauser 98K
i was in the strike at karkand and i got over 125 kills , its getting mad in there the bots are now doing wave tactics, lol.

they are starting to set traps for me, thell run up to my tank and put c4 on it and blow me up and now they are droping c4 at the spawn points and blow up any1 who trys to take it over.

they are tryingto learn putting c4 on the enemy vehicls and blowing them when some1 get in one.

they are getting scary im waiting for them to take over my pc, lol.
You're joking? I've never heard of such...intelligence from the Battlefield bots. Are they the stock-bots, or are you using those single player enhancement mods (eg 'Realplayer', which is an alright mod. I use it for Battlefield 1942)

If not however, and if you are tweaking teh bots yourself....YOU MUST TELL ME HOW TO DO IT!!

Remember: Bots own...
Old 12-31-2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by front-liner ™
You're joking? I've never heard of such...intelligence from the Battlefield bots. Are they the stock-bots, or are you using those single player enhancement mods (eg 'Realplayer', which is an alright mod. I use it for Battlefield 1942)

If not however, and if you are tweaking teh bots yourself....YOU MUST TELL ME HOW TO DO IT!!

Remember: Bots own...
If you're lucky, it should be as easy as if you did it in BHD.

My damn mod is bloody 60MB! 25MB in .zip! I can't believe so much files less than a meg can make that up lol. Dunno how I'm gonna upload it! The most difference I reckon was the .3di files (objects, etc.). And there's about 15 of them that are about 50-100KB lol.

Anyways good luck Mauser...

Chris
Old 12-31-2006, 07:48 PM

the truth is i havnt got a clue as to what i did to make them better, maby a random string gone nuts during installation or my frankenstien computer i got.

all i did was i turned off the artillary, i set the weapons to more realistic values, i took out the eryx and AT-Preator thing the us had, i rearanged the loadout of all sides to the weapons i liked,i took out the area managers, unlocked the locked options manualy.

i guess they adapted to the new weapons and to not haveing the AT missiles so they have to use the c4, and artillary not there so they set some c4 at spawnpoint to compensate for the lack of artillery
i started to drop c4 at spawn points and blow it when i had some1 trying to take it over and they learned, they are starting to learn everything if i do it enough.
i play both sides from time to time and i guess they are picking up on what i do.

ill put the weapons i took out back in and see if that makem do any diffrent.

if i could figure out how to make it upload sooner than 12hours id send a copy ,lol

i figure out how to get a SS and ill post a SS of score at end, lol.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:08 PM

To post an SS, just press the ''Print Screen'' button on your keyboard > exit > go to ''Paint'' > CTRL + V.
Make sure you don't press it again or it'll overwrite.

With the upload? Man, we both have the same problem. If you've got a friend with broadband, burn the mod onto a disc and upload it onto a site using your friend's computer. You can register at www.fileplanet.com and do it. How big is the mod BTW?

30 minutes ago I changed the CAR15 sound in BHD. It was funny in SP, because when I used the CAR15 it had the default sound, but your 10th Mountain Division teammates had a different muzzle flash sound lol... It sounded more better lol.

So the default was called ''c15n1'' and the ''different'' sound was ''c15n6''; all I did was rename ''c15n6'' to ''c15n1'' lol. When you have files in your mod .pff that have the same file and extension as the ones in the original .pff, the one in your mod .pff will take over. That way, you don't permanently delete anything lol.

Download the attachment too BTW. It's the CAR15 sounds lol.

Now today this morning, when I was looking for .3di files in other mods to build my mod, I was just ''daydreaming'' of having varieties of stuff, and then I thought of the Deep Jungle Mod for BHD. Now the Deep Jungle Mod is for DFBHDTS which I downloaded ages ago. The thing was, when I installed it, for some reason I never saw any .exes, etc. to open the game up (or so I thought).

Now this morning I didn't really install it to play it, just to open up the .pff and steal a few things. (I'm not going to claim the material mine anyways lol.)
I've also taken a few things off TerraNova's BHD EXP too.

I ended up playing the game lol. Now since I'm getting the hang of modding, all I did was make a copy of the DFBHD shortcut and added ''/mod djmod16'' at the end of ''Target'' in ''Properties''. Yes, it worked! WITHOUT TS! (It seems good suited for TS though.)
And then I saw the actual shortcuts to the game and MED!

The guns and etc. are great lol. In fact, it's kinda good for a user-made mod BTW.

Here it is:

I've already added the jungle foliage in my .pff and then I'm going to add some jungle decorations. I don't want the mod to have too much stuff in it, I just want enough to give it the style. After when I do that, I'm gonna use the LW muzzle flash sounds for some of the guns. Now the program I used to get the ''hidden'' .wav files inside the .pwf in the .pff (called ''DFLW Tools'') won't extract the sounds for some reason. So I've PMed a friend to see what's wrong.

Just trying to get my mod stylish and small lol.

Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip c15n1_and_c15n6.zip (45.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-31-2006, 08:57 PM

So Mauser, you played around with the game files?

I was wonderising (lol), do you know if there was any way to turn the crosshair off in the game? I dont have Battlefield 2 (system would never run it), but i'd like to turn the crosshair off in BF42 and Vietnam to make it more of a challenge for myself. There is no way to do it in the game menus.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:32 PM

Look in the game directory bro. And also, find any .def files, and .ini files. Any file that can be viewed by Notepad...

Chris