Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
That's why I'm doing a little research. If all of a sudden tons of people are saying "hell yes, I've been waiting for something like this" I'd invest the money. Since it doesn't seem to be like that (and this isn't the only place I've tried), it's not worth it. Now if cash was just flowing out my ears, I would definately give it a go. As it stands, I need a new tranny in my truck and some seats, so priority has to be given

Thanks for the good wishes though
Old 03-03-2005, 05:39 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

"Tranny" ?? Child-seat?

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 03-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
You sicko ...a transmission, and I need two new bucket seats to replace the worn, and very original bench seat (the thing is 15 years old...older than most regular posters here, lmfao).
Old 03-04-2005, 07:01 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Start-ups blur lines between radio, music swapping

Figured this might be something you might want to look into.

================

Start-ups blur lines between radio, music swapping
Published: March 4, 2005, 4:00 AM PST
By John Borland
Staff Writer, CNET News.com

A new generation of start-ups is taking a page from Apple Computer's iTunes playbook, allowing Net radio listeners to draw their programming at will from one another's hard drives.

At the head of a movement that could transform online radio, Live365 and start-up Grouper are the latest to blur these lines between Internet radio and online song-swapping, with an alliance aimed at turning the older companies' stable of amateur broadcasters into the hubs of peer-to-peer communities.

The model looks to Apple's iTunes software, which lets people on the same network, such as in a dorm or office building, listen to songs from one another's music collections. Grouper's peer-to-peer service lets people stream songs at will to one another over the open Internet.

The company's alliance with Live365 is helping extend an advanced vision of Net radio already being pioneered by Mercora, another peer-to-peer radio service. By letting groups of listeners tap into one another's music collections, the companies hope to come close to providing on-demand radio services, while abiding by the strict legal rules governing online broadcasting.

"It wasn't first thing on our mind, but we saw a way to enable the relationships between audiences and broadcasters to go beyond just the broadcast stations," said Grouper CEO Josh Felser.

The Live365 deal and others like it are signs that the Net radio business is shaking off the gloom of the dot-com crash and pushing strongly ahead. Innovation and investment is finally coming from the start-up level and from giants such as Clear Channel and Yahoo.

In part, that's an indication that digital music in general is booming, led by Apple's success with its iPod music player and iTunes digital song store. Online radio advertising is also finally taking off, following the decision of AOL, MSN, Yahoo and Live365 to sell advertising on their radio networks collectively.

Those successes have drawn the attention of giant companies that

Click >here< to read on...

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1