Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Bush? (chearleader) 21 58.33%
Kerry (warvet) 15 41.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2004, 01:10 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
wow, thanks for letting me know Cheif. I don't pay attention to politics that much, so Im not real sure on whats happening right now.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:11 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Hell I would vote for a firefighter or jimmy carter in if it would help? But not Kerry think a lot have lost their mind they pick him as a runner up.

I may even vote for Jimmy Carter in the other box at lease he a easy lay back type a guy he was in for 4year and after he got out he did a lot of good around the world.

Jimmy Carter is not the best but hey at lease he did not make a fool of him self ether. He can run for it too. But don't think his heath can take it.

that would be funny Jimmy carter wins it & he socall back-up Kerry, man i bit Kerry would be really tickoff
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-02-2004 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:26 AM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
I actually dont even think Bush should be in there, you all remember the last elections? The BIG **** up in florida on recounting?

Yeah well guess what, his brother is in the capital of florida and is the mayor (or whatever that thing is i forgot at the moment)
Dont you think it was a little odd that the deciding votes came from florida and thats where his bro is in charge?

Just a LITTLE fishy to me.

Old 08-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Reticle is offline Reticle

Send a message via Yahoo to Reticle
Bush may not have won the overall popular vote, but he DID win the most electoral votes, which means that he represents the largest part of the population. Because so pitifully few people actually register to vote, we just have to assume that the registered voters in a population represent the views of that entire portion of the population. If the democrats didn't get out to vote iun some areas, that's their problem. And I definately wouldn't accuse the supreme court of favoring Bush, as pretty much all judges seem to be Liberal now.(Remember, it was not the legislature, the representatives of the people, but the Judges, who brought about abortion, and are working on gay marriage and the removal of God.)

"You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you"
-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 08-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
they should have redone it all over again Reticle.
yes it was really was done badly i have to agreed to that.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

the supreme court is 99% of the time a balanced decide on the facts of the case type court, but in the 2k election cases i believe they voted along party lines without respect for the law.

Scalia and Thomas should a reccused themselves, Scalia has sons working for Bush and Thomas wife was collecting application for people who weanted to work in the Bush administration.

They also said "Our consideration is limited to the present circumstances, or the problem of equal protection in election processes generally presents many complexities." This apart from just plain dodgey goes against the principle that the whole legal system is built on "Stare Decisis" or Stand by things decided.

Thats not forgetting that the Supreme Court did not have the constitutional jurisdiction to even weigh in on elections, the jurisidiction for contested elections is the Congress's as specified in the constitution Section 5 clause 1

After Decermber 12 the congress could not challenge election results, the Florida Supreme Court wanted to have all counting done by december 12, even though they have until January 6 because it would make things easier for congress (who has jurisdiction). The Supreme Court then blasted the hell out of the FLorida Supreme Court for setting an aribtrary deadline then went and set the the same deadline themselves, one that most people agree is not binding.

Apparently CJ Reinquist has been seen taking holidays with the vice president of the US, so much for the seperation of powers

Last edited by Lakie; 08-04-2004 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:25 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE !! All elected officals swear to uphold The United States of America's Constitution, including The Bill of Rights. That being true, any elected offical who would start or vote on a bill infringeing on those rights should be jailed not re-elected over and over again.The 2nd Ammendment has nothing to do with hunting and Comrad Kery should have nothing to do with America. God bless George Bush. KU43
Old 08-04-2004, 12:25 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE !! All elected officals swear to uphold The United States of America's Constitution, including The Bill of Rights. That being true, any elected offical who would start or vote on a bill infringeing on those rights should be jailed not re-elected over and over again.The 2nd Ammendment has nothing to do with hunting and Comrad Kery should have nothing to do with America. God bless George Bush. KU43
Old 08-04-2004, 12:27 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

THAT,S RIGHT
Old 08-04-2004, 01:04 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

HEY BB MIKE YOU MUST BE FLUNKING OUT OF THAT SCHOOL OF YOURS! THAT MURDERING A HOLE OVER THERE IN IRAQ WAS DOING THE SAME THING ANOTHER A HOLE DID IN GERMANY IN THE LATE 1930'S AND EARLY 1940'S. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE FRENCH AND RUSSIANS WER'NT SELLING HIM THE TOOLS TO DO IT WITH. START THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE.LEARN TO PUSH A BROOM.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:38 AM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
First off, KU, I think i speak for EVERONE when I say you need to CHILL out. I said no flaming when i started this...

And as for all those thigns being voted on now heres my opinion:

Gay Marriages: Let them do whatever the hell they want (as long as they arent hitting on me).

Abortion: The womans decision, its her body, her baby, and the mans baby (if he is still around). They should decide on this type of thing TOGETHER since it is THEIRS the government shouldnt have ****ing **** over their words.

Removing God: How the hell do they plan on changing the pledge? Why would they change the pledge?I want a god damned president who isnt going to let this happen, our ENTIRE government was built upon trust in God, for petes sakes its even on our money!!! Are they going to recall all the dollars etc? Or put new ones into circulation?!

If they do remove God from America... Well that will tell the world how dumb American's are yet again (I'm saying this because i met a couple of foreigners from over in euro, they knew like... 4-6 languages, i can only speak english and a little of 2 others). Removing God from america... In God we trust... I feel sorry for everyone if this happens...

(Sorry about the rant)

Old 08-04-2004, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BeBop

Abortion: The womans decision, its her body, her baby, and the mans baby (if he is still around). They should decide on this type of thing TOGETHER since it is THEIRS the government shouldnt have ****ing **** over their words.
Her decision? Obviously she has already made a decision, to get pregnant.

Her body? Well, the man didn't get her pregnant without her consent to use her body.

Her baby? So now the baby belongs to the mother? I thought we already did away with slavery. And even in the old days, people didn't just kill their slaves.

-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 08-04-2004, 02:14 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

its still part of her body and shes the one who created and i didnt expect taht to be taken in a literal sense lol

Old 08-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Doughboy is offline Doughboy

Send a message via ICQ to Doughboy
On a site I visit alot, skyscrapercity.com, Kerry / Edwards are blowing bush out of the water with 75%
Old 08-04-2004, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BeBop
its still part of her body and shes the one who created and i didnt expect taht to be taken in a literal sense lol
Yes, and once she's created a living creature, what right does she have to destroy it?

-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 08-04-2004, 04:57 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by Reticle
Her decision? Obviously she has already made a decision, to get pregnant.

Her body? Well, the man didn't get her pregnant without her consent to use her body.

Her baby? So now the baby belongs to the mother? I thought we already did away with slavery. And even in the old days, people didn't just kill their slaves.
What planet ware you born on?

My photography website

Old 08-04-2004, 05:57 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

lol@ silent...

Anyways, if you believe in the death penalty i could say the exact same thing your saying.

It is the womans choice, its her body and how ever she chooses to use, or abuse it, doesnt matter and SHOULD NOT BE ANY OF THE GOVT's concern. Period.

Old 08-05-2004, 03:50 PM

If the government can't protect a child from it's mother, why should it be able to protect anyone from anyone. They have just as much right to protect the child from it's mother as they do to protect you from some psycho who would kill you at random. The woman can do whatever she wants with her body, but we're talking about the childs body, which does not belong to her.

-Unknown

www.bieberworks.com
Old 08-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Doughboy is offline Doughboy

Send a message via ICQ to Doughboy
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=116654

Kerry - 127 (74.71%)
Bush - 43 (25.29%)
Old 08-05-2004, 06:10 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

it is a part of her boyd and still connected...