Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 05-11-2005, 12:44 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

818.Super.Fox6 on Various Important Topics

On the Subject of Cheats and Cheaters – First there is a new cheater policy and I hope that we have all read it and are following it. Second, we are taking steps to combat cheating. I can’t and won’t get into the steps because it is self defeating to talk about them. If I was to tell you guys what we do to combat cheating, then the cheaters that read these boards would have a leg up on how to get around it. We have banned over 2000 people for cheating alone. In DFX (in the 2 weeks that it has been out) we have banned dozens. We are always watching and are taking care of the problem.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 05-11-2005, 12:45 PM

Also, there aren’t as many cheaters in DFX and everyone thinks. Part of the reason for the new policy is that people are getting all worked up and accusing everyone and their brother of cheating – which isn’t the case. While I’m not going to sit here and say that there are not cheaters in the game, I will say that it’s not as rampant as everyone thinks. If you really think someone is cheating (and they didn’t just kick your butt because they are good). Then file a cheater report. We read them and then we watch that person. It’s really that simple.

Freedom of speech – This could go on forever, but I will give you the short version. Freedom of speech in the forums is not true freedom because they are our (NovaLogic’s) forums and we get to set the rules. While we may be in America (or other free countries in the world J ), you still don’t have freedom of speech in your day to day lives. When the founding fathers started this country they based a lot of it on natural law. Among other things natural law says that there are positive rights and negative rights. The basics of this are that people have rights as long as you are not infringing on someone else’s rights.

Example: you have the freedom to say that all people of a specific race are bad people, but that turns into hate speech and therefore not allowed.

Similarly, we don’t allow people to say some things because we are trying to provide a good environment for everyone. I’m fine with people saying negative things about Nova and so on. I don’t think that it’s positive and I really don’t think that it’s going to help your cause – but I’m not going to stop you. I will stop you when you are making it personal with another user and that other user feels like they don’t have the freedoms in the forums because their right to feel safe and engaged has been taken away. It’s a fine line but we are trying to ride it none the less. The one thing that I’m just not going to put up with is complaining about the Moderators or abusing them. They have a tough job and they need to be respected for that.

If you want to know more on the topic (Specifically my thinking) please pick up any writings by St. Thomas Aquinas or Locke.

Prizing – Have any of you ever tried to send out 100 shirts with international shipping by yourself? It’s hard and I only have about 10 – 12 good hours in the day that I can work and be productive – you all keep me pretty busy LOL. I truly am sorry that it’s taking a wile, but they are coming I promise.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2005, 12:45 PM

Bugs – Chances are that we know about the bugs that you have found because we employ people that do nothing except try and find bugs all day long. However, if you think that you found a really good one or it’s a really strange one then contact tech support and they will put it in the data base if we didn’t find it.

What will be in a patch and what won’t – I can’t get into this at all. I have a very strict NDA that doesn’t allow me to talk about it one bit. Sorry, but that’s just the way it is. There are several threads in the various different game sections. If you have a suggestion (that hasn’t been talked about) then please put it there. Sorry! L

Support for our games – People still buy and play out old games. We are not going to discontinue JO or any other game because DF:X has hit the shelves.

DF:X – Pricing - There were two goals with the $20.00 price point.

The first was to reach out to new players and mass market consumers who may not be familiar with the Delta Force and NovaLogic brands.

The second was to get the community excited about the old school style of the original Delta Force, including the off set scope and game play style. The game returns back to the days when Delta Force was more run and gun. The $20.00 price point was to make the product even more attractive.

What we have delivered is a product between the single player missions and the multiplayer game that over delivers on what consumers would expect from a $20.00 title.

Asian Stats Servers – We just talked to some people yesterday about this and it’s looking like we can get something set up in the near future.

UK Euro Servers DF:X – It will be up in a mater of hours. Our guy is putting it up as I write this.

BHD 20sec vs 10sec Timer – We did this to encourage the use of medics in the game.

Stats – We are always working on better ways to record stats and display them. I can’t get into what our plans are but I will let them know your feelings.

My hours – They very. I typically come in at 8:30 PST and leave around 7pm or so. There are often nights where I’m here well past 8pm and I’m always checking e-mail and the boards from home in the nights and on the weekends. I try not to respond to basic issues on the weekends and in the evenings. I don’t want people thinking that they are going to get answers to their questions at strange hours. Also, it’s not like I’m always at my desk, I have many many meetings to attend and other duties that take me away from the computer. I try to get to everything, but it’s not always possible. Sorry L

To Do List? – There is a to do list and it’s huge. I’m not going to tell you what’s on it for 2 reasons. 1.) if something doesn’t happen then it just disappoints people. 2.) I don’t know when things on said list are going to get implemented. What I would say is watch the forums very carefully for subtle changes and then one day you will notice that things are totally different and you will be pleasantly surprised.

DF:TFD – Yes I know what it is and yes just about everyone in the company knows what it is.

Internet for LAN in DF:X – We did this for security and to prevent piracy. This is also designed so that we can better track cheaters and make sure that banned accounts are truly banned. If you have a single computer with a 56k modem then you can hook up all the machines to that connection and login to NovaWorld.

Monthly Map Contest – Funny enough I’m working on how to do that as we speak. When I know more I’ll post about it. Realistically it won’t happen till the summer, but it’s going to happen.

Error Pages – This happens because the forums are a huge complicated batch of code. We are working on it and it will be much better in the coming months. Please just bare with it for now. Believe me it’s annoying for me too and sometimes I just have to sign out and wait so that I don’t get frustrated.

Game Engines – Can’t Comment. Sorry.

My Back Ground – I was borne and raised in Colorado. I moved to California to attend college where I studied Film Production. When I finished school I started working in the industry and really enjoyed it. I started in Visual Effects on the producing side of things. I ended up producing Music Videos and Commercials. That led to Marketing Music Videos and Commercials and that lead to lots and lots of stress. About 4 months ago I made some decisions and decided that it was time for a change so I ventured into the Gaming industry (where most of my friends were already working) and took the position here at NovaLogic – which a really enjoy.

The Community – I have a short term plan and a long term plan. I’d rather keep it to myself and let it evolve as the community evolves. The issues with really getting into it are disappointment factors. If I was to say something specific then the community might get bummed if for some reason it didn’t work out.

I will say that I see more contests, more activities and generally more added content coming into the community. I want to give the community reasons to come and visit that are outside of the just playing the games.

Forum Timeouts – They are 20 min and they annoy me too.

Broncos Record – I see the Broncos going 13 and 3 and I will be there every Sunday to cheer them on as they are my all time favorite team.

The Thread on Cheating – It’s now locked and moved.

WOW – I’m tired and ready for a nap. You all have a ton of questions. I answered most of them and I will answer any new ones. If you continue to ask a question then please read what was asked before. If it was posted before then don’t ask again.

Thanks and talk to you all soon –

818.Super.Fox6
NovaWorld Admin

Quote:

Last edited by Trojan; 05-11-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:13 PM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

lol.
"I ended up producing Music Videos and Commercials. That led to Marketing Music Videos and Commercials and that lead to lots and lots of stress. About 4 months ago I made some decisions and decided that it was time for a change so I ventured into the Gaming industry (where most of my friends were already working) and took the position here at NovaLogic – which a really enjoy."

If he thought making videos and commercials were stressful he is in for a big surprise.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:53 AM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Well if anyone has any problems with cheaters im willing to help stop them!!!!! They hate me now ive turned so many in and reported there sites they had hiddne from us and they will stop if im around several of the servers on BHD that were hosting cheaters servers i turned in!!!!!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?