Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 08-21-2003, 03:32 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
http://www.petitiononline.com
Old 08-21-2003, 03:33 AM
S MC
Unregistered

RTCW and EM uses Punkbuster.
I don't know any who would bother to play on NW's servers because they're full of cheating idiots who think they're so cool.
As I said, stick to servers, probably clan-servers, you feel good about and have a good time there. Most clan-servers are beeing watch so those cheating punks is usually quickly discovered.
Also, what sometimes can look like a cheat can be a ping/latency thing a. k. a. lag.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:39 AM
exclusion is offline exclusion

Send a message via ICQ to exclusion
ummmmmmm..................................... ur forgetting the point, nova wont hire/pay for more staff just to keep cheaters out of the servers..
Old 08-21-2003, 08:37 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
What other games have people policing their servers? I have never seen any. As nova said in their last reply to one of the 50 million petitions on this, they dont charge ya to play online like planet side etc so they cant be expected to police it. You paid 90 bucks australian for the game as it is, just like battlefield 1942, medal of honour, vietcong etc You paid for the game as it is.

As I have said before "its not like nova are gaming nazis or anything, they make the games, you either play them, or you don't, its that simple."

I dont see the point of yet another petition that will get a copied and pasted reply from nova.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Only DF: 1 & DF: 2 Cheater lands nothing can be done for these 2 games area.

Only DF: LW, TFD, BHD are none cheater zones were you the player do a cheater report they get banned in 2-5days.

Check the “hall of shame” Listing of banned names that NovaLogic, Inc has ban from their servers names and dates are listed randomly there is listing of 2003 for DF: LW & DF: TFD “hall of shame” are listed after you login then look around for it.

Will they ever make DF: 1 & DF: 2 same setup. As the newer one don’t think so, be nice they did a facelift only for the login part and account part using the key-codes nothing more then that. Be super great.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-21-2003, 09:57 AM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by chief-ADFP
Only DF: 1 & DF: 2 Cheater lands nothing can be done for these 2 games area.

Only DF: LW, TFD, BHD are none cheater zones were you the player do a cheater report they get banned in 2-5days.

Check the “hall of shame” Listing of banned names that NovaLogic, Inc has ban from their servers names and dates are listed randomly there is listing of 2003 for DF: LW & DF: TFD “hall of shame” are listed after you login then look around for it.

Will they ever make DF: 1 & DF: 2 same setup. As the newer one don’t think so, be nice they did a facelift only for the login part and account part using the key-codes nothing more then that. Be super great.
like to add to the last part by doing this updating the login part novalogic can ban them by the key-codes account they the player,nova gets a cheater report they are finsh its a vote system they get a lot of player send in a cheater report on one or more people cheating inside their server their account remove (only do a cheat report on real cheater).
Old 08-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Surge is offline Surge

Quote:
Originally posted by Surge
Why not insted of everyone all the time trying to submit a petition to nova just create a "Respected Server" list. A list that has all the "Respected Servers" (non-cheat) listed. That way ppl will know which servers are good. You could also do a list for "Cheat Servers" (cheaters) so ppl know which servers not to goto.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:51 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Fisrt of all, I think that safe list is a great idea, and should be carried out. Second, what was bad in my post panther, I did not mean to violate the forum rules, although I can't remember what exactly I posted.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Chief ADFP

yep even if they did that, you will not see it till a new DF-Game comes out with it.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Surge is offline Surge

Actually I am working on a program for people to add there "Respected Server" to a list for people to view. Here is the link http://www.spytvfans.com/serverlist.php. Still alot of work to do to it. Simply click the links at the top
-------------------------
DF1 | DF2 | DF:LW | DF:TFD | DF:BHD
Add Entry | Help
-------------------------

You can add a server to the list, BUT must be approved by admin before it is listed
Old 08-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Surge is offline Surge

sorry http://www.spytvfans.com/serverlist.php
Old 08-21-2003, 01:27 PM
"ath-hole"

Well your thing says: Page cannot be displayed. Make sure that hotlink protection is not on when you are finished, that way people can add it to their site, with the thing saying created by: Surge. Btw if you need any help I am willing to help either in development or in approving servers.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:38 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
good job surge keep up the good work, also if nova said we had to pay for novaworld after we bought the game so that they could afford 'policing' i wouldnt be able to play anymore, i love novalogic because they are a good company and are trying to keep up wiht everything, they just dont have hte manpower for it (or the money to hire more man power)
Old 08-21-2003, 05:51 PM
"ath-hole"

Yeah considering they won't let their customers do it themselves, how hard is that?
Old 08-21-2003, 07:49 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
very hard, i wouldnt trust 3/4's of the customers that play this game, i trust them about as far as i can throw them, and mind you this isnt far for some of these people...

Entrusting the public would make it "retarded" because people would vote EXCELLENT playing players out of the gam, if a vote system is what you mean.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:14 PM
"ath-hole"

Not really, I mean some sort of system where good players are voted admins, or can subscribe to some sort of list where novalogic would be able to look them over, these few people would be assigned to a specific server, and if anyone cheats they simply punt the person, no one even would need to know who did it
Old 08-22-2003, 02:55 AM
Surge is offline Surge

Quote:
Originally posted by BeBop
good job surge keep up the good work
Thanks BeBop
Old 08-22-2003, 07:00 AM
‹-†Kâíshô†-›™ is offline ‹-†Kâíshô†-›™

Cool

I totally agree to you and the comments made about the cheating (Base Rape'in) and the lagging. Monitors are very much needed. I noticed that NovaLogic has a Shame or Fame list, but thats no where near the tip of the ice berg. I know as for as myself and others that Host maps though NovaWorld, we tend to keep an eye out for such cheaters. Especially those that like to post themselves near a spawning point and take cheap kill (Base Rape'in) over and over again. Hopefully this will be something taken into deep, deep consideration for all of us that enjoy a good honest playing environment.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:21 AM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
Quote:
Originally posted by ‹-†Kâíshô†-›™
I totally agree to you and the comments made about the cheating (Base Rape'in) and the lagging. Monitors are very much needed. I noticed that NovaLogic has a Shame or Fame list, but thats no where near the tip of the ice berg. I know as for as myself and others that Host maps though NovaWorld, we tend to keep an eye out for such cheaters. Especially those that like to post themselves near a spawning point and take cheap kill (Base Rape'in) over and over again. Hopefully this will be something taken into deep, deep consideration for all of us that enjoy a good honest playing environment.
Since when is "Base Rape'in" considered cheating? So you made it to the tother teams base to kill them instead of waiting for them to come to you. Big deal. Wow. What a cheat. That's right up there with people that piss and moan about proning.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:37 AM
‹-†Kâíshô†-›™ is offline ‹-†Kâíshô†-›™

Cool Base Rape'in

In my book, thats considered as a cheap kill... how would you feel if everytime you re-spawn, theres another player who's waiting for you to spawn and kill you over and over again. Where's the fun in that when all you do is just die??? Not necessary a cheat but a cheap kill. I don't think thats the way a game such as BHD is meant to be played especially in DM. No matter how you look at it, it'll remain the same if all you do is die and other players are taking advantage of where you are spawning. Now, in all honesty... if I were to log into a map and I died every 5-8 seconds atfer respawing, then I'll leave to go elsewhere. No need in to argue or cry over it. But when I HOST and others like me, when players are caught doing such a thing, they are warned and ask not to "Base Rape" and if 3 punts don't get your attention then maybe banning will....